Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Option to end one screen and move to the next game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Option to end one screen and move to the next game Reply with quote

In the Canada thread, people are talking about a final word that doesn't exist. That bug means that they just have to sit there until their time runs out, at which time they lose.

I'm wondering if adding a "skip to next game" option might help? I mean in general. Perhaps someone can't figure out a word in one of the invisible list screens - which is possible if there are strange words like "parkour" or something.

It would be nice to be able to save your time left and get out of a screen you can't figure out.
mizcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. That would be a great feature especially with the Canada puzzle. (But why can't the Canada puzzle be removed anyways since there's no last word for it?) Sometimes it's hard to think of a word for the puzzle. A "skip to next puzzle" button would be an excellent addition!
jackbox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get the Canada puzzle, I just find the 9 words and then hit "Submit score" at the bottom left to not sit there and wait.
mizcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I do that too jackbox. Saves you from having to wait. But still it's rather annoying to get so far into the game and be scoring great then have to submit your score just because there's no word.
LoverOfJoy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I just wish they'd fix the Canada one and not include an option to skip a level. I think it'd become too easy to abuse (unless you got some penalty for skipping, maybe?). I think it starts getting fun when you are rushing to find that last one. I don't want to have to compete against people who just find the first easy five of each level continually skipping.

If you could skip whenever you wanted the game would become too easy. Heck, people could skip, skip, skip, just wasting a few seconds until they found a lucky level that they knew well and was perfectly lined up. There could be limitations built in (maybe only able to skip once or twice or a time/point penalty) but even that I don't think would be worth it to me.
Webmonkey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you about the competition, but then, we should talk about the ways in which people with slow computers can get astronomical scores without having to actually be good at the games they play.

That's more of a flaw to me than having the ability to skip over a screen or two in this one game.

And if points are given based on the number of words you get, then the skippers couldn't rack up high scores.
JAYHAWKS

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good points here. This could be like the HERO game when you click "shuffle remaining pieces" you lose points. And I agree, skip the time bonus and just get points for the correct words only. Everyone has a more even chance then.
I have wondered for a VERY long time how people got such high scores on some of the games. I assumed they must be able to click a whole lot quicker than me. I guess I still do not really understand how that works for someone to get a high score just becuz they have a slower computer, but it sounds plausible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Word Search All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: