Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

What has your pet done today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by elcelcpa on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sassarina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwww loving your kitty pics Petunia!
My youngest grandsons birthday is on the 17th
as well.
Thanks for sharing your kitties with all of us!
(((HUGS)))
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: WHAT HAS YOUR PET DONE TODAY? Reply with quote

LOL!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SO GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED THE PIX OF MISS PEBBLES AND NOT-SO-LITTLE-ANYMORE PEANUTS! Laughing
THEY TICKLE MY AND MY HUSBAND'S HEARTS EVERYDAY...

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR GRANDSON, SASSARINA!!!

LATELY, THEY HAVE BEEN ENJOYING LAYING IN WINDOW SILLS WATCHING THE "LAWN CHICKENS"...I.E. ROBINS ETC...AND THE BUNNIES IN OUR YARD...THEY ARE SO TIRED AFTER ALL OF THE OUTDOOR ACTIVITY...
THEY PASS OUT BEFORE NOON!! LOL!!! T.P.O... TOTALLY PASSED OUT. LOL!!!

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING NICE WEATHER SO THEY CAN GET OUT AND ABOUT WITH THEIR 4-LEGGEDS...2-LEGGEDS, TOO. Laughing

HUGS,
PETUNIA77 PICKLEBOTTOMS
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: WHAT HAS YOUR PET DONE TODAY? Reply with quote

SURE HOPE EVERYONE'S SPRING IS OFF TO A GOOD START.

MISS PEBBLES AND PEANUTS HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY BIRD AND BUNNY WATCHING FROM OUR WINDOWS.

AND...THERE IS A NEW ADDITION TO OUR FAMILY...

MY BROTHER-IN-LAW ADOPTED A LITTLE 3 MO. OLD SCOTTISH TERRIER...YES, HE IS A SCOTTY...THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS BLACK IN COLOR...
MEET LITTLE ANGUS BANGUS MACGEE. Laughing
I CALL HIM THE SCOTTISH TERROR. LOL!! BUT HE IS VERY WELL-BEHAVED AND MY LITTLE NIECE JUST ADORES HIM...MISS PEBBLES AND PEANUTS...WELL...WE'RE WORKING ON IT. LOL!!! THEY ALL 3 GET TREATS WHEN LITTLE ANGUS BANGUS VISITS.

SURE HOPE YOU AND YOUR 4-LEGGEDS ARE ENJOYING THE PRETTY WEATHER ALONG WITH US Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sassarina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they are white I think they are called
west highland terriers...
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT,SASSARINA.
MY BROTHER HAD ONE THAT IF LOOKS COUNT,
COULD HAVE BEEN ANGUS BANGUS' BROTHER.
THEY'RE SO CUTE WHEN THEY'RE SMALL.

HAPPY HAPPY EVERYONE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: WHAT HAS YOUR PET DONE TODAY? Reply with quote

YES, THEY ARE VERY CUTE SMALL OR FULL-GROWN IN MY OPINION. LOL!!

WELL, ACTUALLY LITTLE ANGUS BANGUS MACGEE IS A SCOTTISH TERRIER...THEY COME IN 3 COLORS...BRINDLE, BLACK, AND WHEATEN...

I DID NOT KNOW THIS EITHER.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/scottish_terrier/

ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL

ALL THINGS WISE AND WONDERFUL

THE LORD GOD MADE THEM ALL. Very Happy Very Happy
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HISTORY:
The Wheaten was bred in Ireland to be an all-purpose farm dog whose duties would have included herding, watching and guarding livestock, and vermin hunting and killing. They are believed to be related to the Kerry Blue Terrier. Today, Wheaten terriers compete in obedience, agility, and tracking, and are occasionally used in animal-assisted therapy, as well. In Ireland, they were commonly referred to as the "Poor Man’s Wolfhound." Their tails used to be docked to avoid taxes, and were often kept to a specific size.
Despite its long history, the Wheaten was not recognized as a breed in Ireland by the Irish Kennel Club until 1937. In 1943, the British Kennel Club recognized the breed in the UK, as well. The first Wheatens were exported to Lydia Vogel in the United States in the 1940s, but serious interest in the breed took another ten years to develop.Finally, in 1973, they were recognized by the American Kennel Club. In the 1970s, the first Wheatens were imported into Australia by Anubis Kennels. Since then, many more have been imported. Recent importation of Irish-style dogs have improved and broadened the gene pool.
APPEARANCE:
Puppies have dark coats of either red, brown, mahogany or white. Their muzzles and ears may be black or dark brown. The dark puppy coat gradually grows out to nearly white before maturing into a wheaten-colored coat as they get older. The color can range from wheat to white, but white coats are not considered desirable by breeders and show enthusiasts. The adult coat may contain black, white, or darker brown "guard" hairs in addition to the lighter wheaten-coloured hair. If adults ever have skin injuries, the resulting hair growth will be the dark color of their puppy coat before it eventually grows out to the wheat color.
The Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier is a medium-sized dog, which ranges on average from 17 to 19 inches in height and about 30 to 45 pounds in weight. The breed has a square structure and is well built. Its hair does not shed like most dogs; like human hair and Poodle hair, it keeps growing; they do need trimming and should be brushed and combed once a day. They are very smart dogs, and are easy to train. They love people, and they rarely have aggression issues.
The Irish coat tends to be thinner and silkier than the American variety. The Irish coat has a devoted following in Ireland and Europe. Breeders of the pure Irish type believe this is the original working terrier coat. The coat is not thin - breeders of the Irish type consider the American heavy coat to be "bouffant", not that of the original working terrier type. There are a few breeders of the Irish type in the U.S. and Canada. In the AKC conformation show ring, the judges do not always accept the Irish type well. The Irish is well received in the UK and Europe. The "Heavy Irish" coat is usually a result of cross breeding between coat types - American/English coat with an Irish type. The Irish coat still requires daily brushing to stay free of matted hair.
The Wheatens seen in Ireland today are of the same size, shape and coat texture as those seen and documented well over 100 years ago. Evidence of this can be seen from the famous artwork "The Aran Fisherman's Drowned Child" by Frederic William Burton. The breed standards for the English, American and Irish Wheaten state a Wheaten must have a single, soft silky
coat.Only the Irish coat fits this description for any of these standards.
TEMPERAMENT:
The Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier is an energetic and playful dog. It requires patience and consistent positive training. Harsh methods will often result in fear and/or aggression. A positive, even-handed approach works best with this intelligent yet headstrong terrier. It is an enthusiastic greeter, and will often jump up to lick a person's face, commonly referred to as the "Wheaten greetin'".These dogs do best when they are exercised regularly. They are cool weather dogs and can become easily overheated in hot weather.
MORE ON THE

Last edited by ConnieLea on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If socialized with cats as puppies, they may get along fine with them; if not, care should be taken in introducing them to cats, as the breed has a very strong "prey drive" because of its vermin-hunting origin. Wheatens can get along well with other dogs if properly socialized. They are extremely friendly and loving pets. Wheatens are very protective of their families and, although they may bark an alert at strangers, they rarely get aggressive. Many Wheaten owners thus say they make great watch dogs, but poor guard dogs. Wheatens are a great dog for kids and are generally friendly towards them.

I JUST WANTED Y'ALL TO SEE THIS.

HAPPY HAPPY TO YA Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Sassarina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did not know they came in all of those colors.
I stand corrected.
He looks just like my neighbors west highland terrier.
His name is Skipper. And he is adorable.
Well, that is why I thought Angus was that breed.
He's adorable as well...
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: WHAT HAS YOUR PET DONE TODAY? Reply with quote

SASSARINA...

IT'S OKAY...I DIDN'T KNOW THAT SCOTTISH (TERRORS) LOL!! TERRIERS CAME IN 3 COLORS EITHER...
BUT LITTLE ANGUS' PAPERS CLEARLY STATE HE IS A SCOTTY.

HERE IS A GOOD WEBSITE...TO SEE THE LIGHT COLORED DOGS SIDE-BY-SIDE...THE WESTIE AND THE SCOTTIE...THE SCOTTIES HAVE THE BEARDS...

http://www.scottishterriernews.com/2008/11/difference-between-scotties-and-westies.html

HEY, I AM LEARNING NEW THINGS ALL THE TIME...WOULDN'T LIFE BE BORING IF WE NEVER LEARNED ANYTHING NEW? LOL!!

HE LOVES CHILDREN AND IS GOOD WITH MY KITTY CATS, MISS PEBBLES AND PEANUTS.

FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY THAT MY BRO-IN-LAW BROUGHT LITTLE ANGUS OVER FOR A VISIT, I WOULD GIVE BOTH MY KITTIES AND LITTLE ANGUS A TREAT TOGETHER...

THAT WAY, MY KITTIES ASSOCIATE ANGUS WITH GOOD THINGS...TREATS! LOL!! AND THEY ALL EAT THEIR TREATS TOGETHER NEARLY SIDE-BY-SIDE WITHOUT ISSUES...

I ALSO MAKE SURE I GIVE MY KITTIES ATTENTION WHEN ANGUS IS HERE...
THAT WAY THEY DO NOT BECOME JEALOUS OF HIM.

POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT IS THE KEY...FROM THE START...

Laughing
I THINK WITH 2-LEGGEDS AND 4-LEGGEDS LOL!! Laughing
Darklight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet cat "Ping (please don't laugh)" has been looking sexy and popular with the other cats on my street. And in fact has looked evil, scary and has been staring into the streets soul.

But right now she's sleeping beauty.
almai89878

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

SandiW wrote:
Great stories, everyone. I'm not allowed to have any pets anymore, so it is good to read about their "doins"!

Why don't you get a cat or a dog? I have a cat and her name is Irene. Last day, I bought a water fountain for my cat from https://mycatneedsthis.com/10-best-cat-water-fountains-reviews-buying-guide/
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almai89878, she said she wasn't allowed to have pets anymore,
I think a cat or dog would fall into the 'pet' category.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: