Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Allstate Spider Solitaire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Grower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Allstate Spider Solitaire Reply with quote

Allstate Spider Solitaire - is this a new game? I keep playing my three favorites and decided today to look for something new and this was the first one on the list.
Jindog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was added recently, that is correct. I think this is the future of games, to have a corporate name attached. Keep an eye out for the Meinike
Muffler Traffic Jam game. lol
Sassarina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what I noticed after playing this game?
I started getting junk mail from Allstate...
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy, that would have been expected, especially all those who have won something and they have your address. I too recently 'won' something (still waiting) and now they have my address, (but wait there's more). With the letter they e-mailed was another company's name with it. I gave it a click or search I don't remember and found that it is a customer targeting firm that claims pin point accuracy in matching customers with ad buying business. In other words they are a data-mining firm and they had a brief video explaining there services, which obviously Arcadium employs. This brief video was rather scary for those of us who prefer to have some privacy left. I have yet to view the other videos explaining exactly what they can do with our game playing info.
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the "I'M A GAMER" post for more on this topic.
>
>
>
>
>
>
<
<
<
>>>>>>>hint, hint
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Jindog wrote:
Sassy, that would have been expected, especially all those who have won something and they have your address. I too recently 'won' something (still waiting) and now they have my address, (but wait there's more). With the letter they e-mailed was another company's name with it. I gave it a click or search I don't remember and found that it is a customer targeting firm that claims pin point accuracy in matching customers with ad buying business. In other words they are a data-mining firm and they had a brief video explaining there services, which obviously Arcadium employs. This brief video was rather scary for those of us who prefer to have some privacy left. I have yet to view the other videos explaining exactly what they can do with our game playing info.

Was the company in your email Wolff SMG?

Arkadium works with this company for sweepstakes fulfillment. What this means is that we pay them to handle our contests for us - they email the winners of each sweepstakes, they receive the confirmations from the winners, and they obtain and mail out the prizes.

Doing this keeps our company legally separate from the sweepstakes, so nobody can claim that we have manipulated the contest results. It also saves us a lot of time and work!

Sassarina wrote:
Know what I noticed after playing this game?
I started getting junk mail from Allstate...

This is likely due to spyware tracking your browsing behavior and sending you targeted ads.

I recommend using an anti-spyware tool to scan your computer for programs that are affecting your browser without your consent.

Spybot is one program that can do this: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Spybot-Search-Destroy/1043809773/1
Just click on the blue button that says "Download Spybot S&D". After installing, run a scan on your computer and delete any spyware that the program finds. This should remove any unnecessary ads from your browser, including toolbars that track your surfing behavior. I run this program once a week on my own personal computer.

I understand that since I work for the company, suspicious players may take this advice with a grain of salt. I would too! But if a company is tracking your web surfing and sending you ads as a result, running a program like this will find and remove any programs or cookies that are tracking you for the purpose of sending ads and selling your information.
Jindog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser here is a nifty little add-on that shows you what tracking is occurring as you browse the web. It is called Ghostery and hides in the upper corner of your window, yet shows you what is happening.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghostery/?src=ss
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: