Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

My first time playing Turbo Mahjongg was today...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemeses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: My first time playing Turbo Mahjongg was today... Reply with quote

And since I love all mahjongg games, was sad to see this one's problems.

The worst problem, for me, was that I can't see the bottom part of the board, due to that Newlywed Game promo that appears at the top of the game. It pushes my game-playing area down too far, and I can't see what's on the bottom. In fact, I didn't even realize there were tiles down there until I saw my opponent removing some. And yes, I have my screen maximized, etc.

The second problem is that the rules are not explained well to those of us who've never played this version of Mahjongg. For instance, I have no idea what the 'Magic' tiles do, or the 'Freeze' tiles. I understand that 'Time Bonus' obviously means something, but I'm not sure how it works, as there are different colors of those tiles.

I'm unfortunately someone who would never quit a game early, or because I'm losing or don't understand it, etc., so since I can't see the whole playing area, and don't know what all the special tiles mean, I guess I won't be playing. Shame, though, it does seem kinda fun. I don't usually enjoy playing games here via live opponents (not as relaxing), but I could enjoy this one.

I will say this for it, at least they give points to losers AND winners, so even though I was a mess in the game (due to my above problems), I still came out with something positive, and that's good Smile
Nemeses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I should also warn, er... say this, lol. I will try a few more time to see if I can understand what the special tiles mean, or if I can play in spite of not being able to see the bottom row (changing perspective didn't help, btw). So if anyone here is UNlucky enough to get me as their partner, I'll just apologize right away, and hope you won't get too upset because of the limitations I'm playing with.

Sorry to any and all I might play Turbo Mahjongg with today!
taokeema

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Nemeses,

I just started playing last night, so I'm not the best person to answer, but I hope I can help a little.

One of the time bonuses appears to double the time you have on the clock, and the other appears to give you 20 more seconds. I think the orange one gives you the 20 seconds, and the blue doubles. I could be off on that, but I have observed from watching players like Yulichka that it is really, really good to go after those time bonuses, no matter what color they are.

The Magic tile is like a Joker, it will match any other tile. If you use it to match a time bonus tile, you don't appear to earn the time bonus. Obviously, you don't have to use Magic tiles in pairs.

The freeze stops your clock; it seems to me for about 5 seconds. You can't remove tiles during that time, but at least you can relax a little. Sometimes freeze tiles are just an annoyance because they block tiles you need to score, so I don't always use them to stop the clock on purpose. You don't have to use freeze tiles in pairs, one will do.

The Shuffle tile reorders all the tiles on the board like the shuffle button in other Mah Jongh games. You don't have to use shuffle tiles in pairs, either, one will do.

I would love to play a nice relaxed game with you. Sometimes it is enough to just take turns, and help each other get to 5000. Smile

HTH,

tao
taokeema

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemeses,

I noticed just today that scroll bars are back on the game windows. Try resizing your game window a little bit (not maximizing it, but shrinking it at little bit vertically) and see if scroll bars appear for you. If you don't see them, try upgrading Flash on your computer.

If that doesn't work, I have more tricks up my sleeve. Let me know...

HTH,

tao
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Turbo Mah Jongg All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: