Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

GDG Fixes: 7.24.2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINE HAS HIT THE 10 NOW.BUT I HAD ENTERED TREATS FOR PRIZES WAY BEFORE IT EVER CHANGED.
I AGREE WITH KRAZYKOPS PICTURE......

'YOU HAVE THE BEST POSSIBLE PROFILE RATING'

THEN BELOW IT SAYS 'PROFILE RATING 9 or 10 or WHATEVER'
AND RIGHT UNDER THERE IT SAYS ' COMPLETE 90 MORE PARTS TO LEVEL UP'

ISN'T THAT CONTRADICTORY?
NOT THAT IT MATTERS MUCH......
GUESS I MISSED THE POST WHERE IT WAS STATED THAT IT WOULDN'T EVER CHANGE. Confused Embarassed SORRY Exclamation
DIDN'T MEAN TO GET LEFT BEHIND AND MAKE Y'ALL HAVE TO REPEAT YOURSELVES.

HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
krazykop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To answer some of you responding to this 'old' post and who are late to the party

Quote:
Eventually, GDG re-stated the obvious in a correction, there was no more level to reach.

Respectfully, Jindog, I realize that you've been around much longer than others. You've seen most, if not all of the site changes. But what I will ask from you is to realize that the rest of us might not know about all those site changes and past issues. I like you jindog, but sometimes your replies tend to look more like retorts.

As for where GDG stated the correction about no more level to reach, where is it? Was it in an email you received? Was it in the forums? Where?

As you know, most GDG users do not view the forums. This "stated correction" is not on the main game site. Its not in the "help" section. Its not even on the profile pages. Its not even in this thread.

If there is no possible way to reach a higher level than 10, then the ratings page should be changed to reflect that, rather than telling all users they need to complete 90 more parts of their profile.

If those simple words, "Complete 90 more parts of your profile to level up" were removed, this would not be an issue. But since that phrase is still on your ratings profile TWICE, it remains an issue until it is either removed or reworded.

Its contradictory to say BOTH "Complete 90 more parts of your profile to level up" AND "You have the best possible Profile Rating".
Jindog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krazykop, sorry if you were offended, even if only slightly. This issue of the profile level reading fill out more to level-up was addressed by GDG in a reply either here in the forum pages or in a personal reply to me from GDG concerning this issue. I have no other assistance I can give in stating where that information came to me. I neither have the time nor the inclination to do a search for it. It was no doubt just a reply to the effect stating something like: "We are aware of this problem. In a future update it should be addressed." I know GDG does not do minor "fixes" on most things, unless the almighty GAME PLAY is being compromised. We can therefore expect to live with it until a "fix" is implemented.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M GONNA CHOOSE JUST TO IGNORE IT FROM NOW ON Exclamation Exclamation
HOWEVER,IT DOES SEEM LIKE THEY WOULD HAVE CHANGED THE WORDING WHEN THEY WERE CHANGING EVERYTHING ELSE.
BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE......IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER MUCH TO ME.
AND NOW I JUST LOOK AT THE RATINGS FOR THE GAME CATOGORIES AND THE TROPHIES.

HAPPY,HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
taokeema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you've never been on a software development team, you might not know this, but for a product/website that's been around awhile and has many thousands of users, the database that the team uses to track changes that need to be made will accumulate tens to hundreds of thousands of bugs and enhancement requests.

most software is created by relatively small teams, and the bugs/requests that get attention have to be chosen carefully. that's why major bugs get fixed, but you don't see a lot of changes to little things between major updates of the system.

another common software development practice is to introduce new features in major updates that are not implemented to their full potential. (the lack of a way to level up beyond 10 on the profile rating looks like an example of that to me.) GDG left room for profile activity, reviews, and game ratings to be built out in the future; right now there's no way to max out any of those rating categories. they built the system with future capacity in mind, which is what engineers are trained to do.

my guess is that the next major update will reveal new ways to "level up," since that pursuit has driven a lot of activity since the last major update.

i hope that helps make sense of why the rating system looks incomplete, and why the site owners probably aren't concerned about that.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAO,I UNDERSTOOD SOME OF THAT Smile Smile .
MOSTLY THE PART ABOUT 'WITH FUTURE CAPICITY IN MIND'.
I FIGURED IT WAS SOMETHING THAT I WOULDN'T FULLY COMPREHEND Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
THAT'S WHY I SAID I'LL JUST PLAY AND IF IT CHANGES
SOMEDAY MAYBE I'LL NOTICE IT Smile Smile
ABOUT THE ONLY LEVELING UP I LOOK AT ANYMORE IS THE GAME AND THE TROPHY RATING CATAGORIES.
THANKS FOR THE INFO(even if I didn't grasp some of it) Smile Smile

HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: