Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungeeee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: 16 Reply with quote

Hi. I hope everyone is having a Great Day. I am really conflicted when the game deals me a 16. The book I got from our public library says to stand if the dealer has 2 thru six, otherwise hit. It is SO EASY to bust when holding a 16 that I often take a gamble and stand. More times, than not, the gamble pays off in my favor. If anyone has any pearls of wisdom or experiences to share I would love to hear from you.
LePenseur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: 16 Reply with quote

Being a novice at this, I would hazard a guess. BS (Basic Strategy) is something based on thousands (pick a number) of played hands with the average saying that you're better off standing on 4-6 w/a 12 hand, and so on. If you count cards, most likely, you'll better your odds, having a fair idea if the shoe is poor or rich. IMHO of course. BS says to stand if you have 13-16 and dealer has 2-6, theory being that it'll take more cards for dealer to reach 17> and chances of busting are greater, especially from a 2. Again IMHO, they say that consistency is important.
JAY G$$$

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 16 Reply with quote

LePenseur wrote:
Being a novice at this, I would hazard a guess. BS (Basic Strategy) is something based on thousands (pick a number) of played hands with the average saying that you're better off standing on 4-6 w/a 12 hand, and so on. If you count cards, most likely, you'll better your odds, having a fair idea if the shoe is poor or rich. IMHO of course. BS says to stand if you have 13-16 and dealer has 2-6, theory being that it'll take more cards for dealer to reach 17> and chances of busting are greater, especially from a 2. Again IMHO, they say that consistency is important.

I cant wait to be a sionor
billkam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need 'thousand of played hands' as LePenseur suggests. Based on the cards showing (3 of them) , it is easy to determine what cards are remaining in the deck (or decks, most places use four), and so it cam be determined the odds of any one card showing up next, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> BlackJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: