Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Food for thought

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robreynolds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Food for thought Reply with quote

Today, I got the funniest look today, I walked into the dollar general store in a little town next to me. The lady behind the register, who I asked "if she happen to be the Mgr" and she said yes ,and she asked, what she could do for me I said my wife (Kathie as some of you know) was here the other day and came home and was unloading stuff and putting it up and told me something doesn't feel right, of course me and the as s that I am asked what the hell ! "she said I don't think they charged me enough. long story a little shorter, Kathie said they missed up charging me and missed a $18.00 item, you should have seen the look on the Mgr's. face when I told her we owed her $18.00 plus tax, I do not know if it was a look of amazement , or if she thought I was a idiot, I just know for three days it drove me crazy and I figured god would take any blessings he might decide to throw my way away, and cost me a whole lot more than that. Now what brought this on to tell you guy's is and it really happened is someone this evening, who told me they where in the" lets say top ten" of the leaderboard and they asked me to play for them, I played along for a second to see if they where for real or if they wanted to try and trap me lol! I will not now or will I ever sell my dignity out like that, I don't have much left, but what I do have I'm proud of and will take to my grave, this is for fun, nothing else, and if you really think your ever gonna win anything go by a lotto ticket! As my friends, and I feel that I've earned several on here, and i earned 'the hard way'! ( I came in here stupid and had my whole family playing on my name my first week and didn't know of this prize thing) I learned that there are people on here that really put the time and effort to earnestly try to win. In closing I would like to thank the people on here that gave a rookie, a second chance and who took the time out of their day to call me, e-mail me and let me know how this thing really works and to all of them and they know who they are thanks, they are the original pioneers ty..I can,t wait till we have a GDG reunion and I get to drive somebodies harley (ok i'll ride bi tch when knowbody's looking!!)
truly to all , other than the one who wanted me to play for them, Kathie and I look forward for the big change GDG has coming! And don't ask who tried to get me to play for them I grew up in the 70's/80's and we don't narc. I will handle it, and on the most part I have played them several times and they are nice to play with!! Ty for your time and P.S. If I rambled to much its "JOHHNNYS" fault he sent me some of that Irish whiskey Laughing
johhnny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its good stuff that whiskey isnt it rob. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by johhnny on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
sheilanLA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Food For Thought Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice story from the 'Dollar Gen. Store". And thanks also for telling us about someone who wants somebody to sit in for them and play. What NERVE!!!! As you know Rob, many of us who have played at GDG for a while now, take a little pride in knowing that when we post a good score, it's because we did it without any help. Accomplishment, commitment and honesty..... works for me!
mtnlights

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Rob. You are truly and honest guy. Good for u!!
Marie Laughing
Texaslady

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Way to go Rob, God loves an honest person. and by the way buddy I have done the same thing on not paying for stuff.
As for the playing for another person, they really had some nerve to do that . Your a good person. thank you man.
Texaslady
johhnny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob the same thing happened me last night aswell.this "person" aked me to play for them and even give me there pass word.i would never do that. its hard enough to get treats for my self never mind for some else..i presume its the same person we are on about.this person should not have put us your anyone in this poisition..it only leads to bad blood between players.this is not a bad person but a little foolish maybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pool Multiplayer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: