Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Macy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammer1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Macy Reply with quote

Come on now. I don't care what computer you used. Old or new. Quad core, dual core or no core. You did not do one of these advanced puzzles in 31 seconds. You can make up all the stories you want. Something is wrong here.
macyguibons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't do it in 30 seconds, it was more like several minutes. Where did you come up with that number? I have a couple techniques that really help me solve them quickly.

First of all, I was working on the Forest Fire puzzle, which is really easy because it is separated into so many different visual regions. (Plus I've solved it a couple times before.) Wink

I took a screen cap of the puzzle and left it open next to the game window, so I don't have to click back and forth between menu options. May as well take advantage of the widescreen monitor, and it's much like setting a puzzle box down on the table as you complete a real puzzle.

I begin by using the "Show Edges" feature in the menu to frame it. Next I drop all the similar pieces in a pile and move them to the side. This actually creates a number of pairs--pieces automatically connect if they are placed close enough to a match, even if you have a pile of 10 pieces in between them. Imagine how much easier it is if you already have 20 completed pairs when you begin. It essentially creates bigger pieces. I finish by targeting the most unique areas first (those with distinguishable characteristics--in this example, the sign, followed with the sky and tree tops). I then fill in the rest.
hammer1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you also developed a technique for Mahjongg Dimensions that let you triple everyone's score. I was born at night but it wasn't last night. You are doing something shady and I hope you get caught.
macyguibons

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Hammer, when did you become such a cynic? Confused I tried the Bass Fishing Pro game--your game. Your top score is 93,990--way to go! I've never questioned your ability to achieve such a high score when my current top score is a mere 950, which is almost 100 times my score!

To show that it really is possible to get such a high score in Mahjongg Dimensions, I've upped a video of me playing it on YouTube, and posted the link in the MD Forum. Since you brought it up here, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoKrst0hv4

You can see for yourself how I managed to get such an unbelievably high score. I was able to earn 17,825 in round 1 alone. I'm not bragging, I'm just explaining what it takes.

Quote:
First and moremost, it's luck of the draw--how the game sorts the tiles. The first round I didn't even have to turn the puzzle.

Secondly, points are not awarded for how fast you complete the puzzle, but how fast you match subsequent pairs. It's all about the "Speed Match" bonus. I managed to "Speed Match" almost every pair in this example. Every time you take too long to match the next pair, your Bonus multiplier resets to 2. For my top score, I "Speed Match-ed" even more (and the puzzle layout happened to be easier to solve). When you're dealing with multiplier bonuses, the difference can be in the thousands.

It's much better to take some time to study the puzzle and pre-plan your route. Then click those pairs as fast as you can!

Perhaps I'll post a video of me solving an Advanced Jigsaw Puzzle in the future, but I'm too frustrated with that game to play anytime soon--kept losing pieces at the end, and there was no way to bring them back.

I'll forgive you this slight, but realize some people can do things that may seem unbelievable to others. Have fun! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Jigsaw Puzzle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: