Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Beginners Puzzle gone crazy: rotation, 3 same corners, etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemeses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Beginners Puzzle gone crazy: rotation, 3 same corners, etc Reply with quote

I don't know the name of this puzzle since it can't be completed to give it's name, but it's the same image with multiple personality disorder and a broken jigsaw. Rolling Eyes The image appears to be a geyser spouting in an open field.

Each time it comes up in the beginner's puzzle, it has the wrong rotation (it's a vertical height puzzle, but comes up on it's side on a 90d horizontal rotation). But worse, the pieces make no sense at all. The screwed up pieces change each time, but still the same type of problem, which is that there are, for instance, 3 bottom right corner pieces, but not matching incorrect corners. And other edge pieces are just on their own screwed up rotations. I've included 2 images below of the same puzzle, to show how they are messed up. I've only included the edges, so you can see the problem better. And as I said, each time the image comes up, it's the same problems, but different pieces have changed place:

and

Same puzzle, same crazy behaviour. It can't be completed, obviously.

Please fix this before my eyes go cross-eyed Rolling Eyes
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me to be one of those two-sided puzzles that I always thought was one of the craziest ideas ever. Haven't run into this puzzle yet be it must be maddening to not find a piece that doesn't exist (if that makes sense).
taokeema

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemeses, you nailed that description a lot better than I did when I filed a bug report on it during beta. That might help the GDG folks when they get around to looking at it. Did you file a bug report, too?
Nemeses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taokeema, no I haven't. I don't even see where to file a bug report, or is it under my nose and I just can't see it? Confused
Jindog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemeses, I'll answer this for Taokeema.

Go to the bottom of the your regular page.
There at the bottom are a string of options: Forum, Privacy Policy......
Go to the Email Us option and click.

The bug report is rather limited space-wise so be brief and maybe direct them to this post instead.

Keep an eye open for an email sent from Silas of GDG most likely.
Nemeses

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Jindog wrote:
Nemeses, I'll answer this for Taokeema.

Go to the bottom of the your regular page.
There at the bottom are a string of options: Forum, Privacy Policy......
Go to the Email Us option and click.

The bug report is rather limited space-wise so be brief and maybe direct them to this post instead.

Keep an eye open for an email sent from Silas of GDG most likely.

Thanks, Jindog! Yeah, I doubt there's any way to briefly say what the problem is, so I'll do as you suggest and direct them to this thread. Smile

Meanwhile, I'm still pondering the depth of your surrealistic side with your phrase above:

Jindog wrote:
maddening to not find a piece that doesn't exist

That is deep thought material, indeed, my friend. A phrase to fit all of life, in fact. Shocked Laughing

I kid you.... yet, it's so true Exclamation

If they gave us the ability to make forum signatures, I'd use that.
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Nemeses if you only knew me. My surrealistic side I never quite thought of it in that term. More wacky would be the norm. One comment someone had about some writing I had done and I quote: "What drugs are you on and can I get some." I could only reply that they're called meds not drugs. LOL!!

I like your suggestion about the quote from me. Maybe I will use it as my avatar signature. It was rather Don Quixote-like chasing something that doesn't exist.

When I looked at the puzzle pieces that were shown, even if in the wrong direction, I thought of all the puzzles I had done off-line and thought what would it be like if on-line puzzles lost pieces after someone did the puzzle like their off-line brethren Wouldn't that be fun now. LOL! There could be a lost and found of lost pieces that we would have to rummage around in to find the missing piece so we could finish the puzzle and then see how our time was. NOW THAT WOULD REALLY LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD SO TO SPEAK.

Thanks again for the tip about the signature.
Nemeses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share the reply I received after submitting the bug report for this. It seems they're aware of it, and hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

I received a nice reply from a Tami, who said:

Quote:
Hello,

Our developers are aware of this bug – I have sent them a request to fix this game the next time the game is updated.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

So hopefully, it'll get fixed. Thanks again, guys, for telling me where to submit the bug report Smile
Jindog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally ran into this weird puzzle. Considering all the 'same' puzzles I do over and over again that it hadn't appeared before. Wow when this puzzle disperses it seems to be several puzzles that go in every direction. This would be true madness if it was one of the advanced puzzles that this happened to.

I like the reply you received about them fixing the puzzle when they update it. Like that will be somewhere next to never I would assume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Jigsaw Puzzle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: