Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Strategy for increasing points?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
draaah

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Strategy for increasing points? Reply with quote

Clearly this game is designed to simply go clockwise with little regard for leaving men open or playing with any kind of strategy. It seems that capitalizing on how dumb the game is is what earns more points.

I try to keep the opponent's two men backed into my home zone, but that's all the game wants to move; I want the game to move its other men with the same recklessness!

Any tips on how to get the game to decrease its already pitiful IQ?
suequk

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Back to Basic Reply with quote

To play a strategic game you need to learn tactics on a backgammon board and learn the best moves to block your opponent, easy when you know how I suppose. Rolling Eyes
draaah

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Back to Basic Reply with quote

suequk wrote:
To play a strategic game you need to learn tactics on a backgammon board and learn the best moves to block your opponent, easy when you know how I suppose. Rolling Eyes

I know how to play a strategic game - that's for sure, but when this computer is the opponent it seems that it all goes out the window if you want to maximize points!
suequk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your high scores always amaze me Laughing As soon as I keep quite a number of opponents counters on the bar or on my side they score double sixes and get away fast.
Frustrating innit Rolling Eyes
draaah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

suequk wrote:
Your high scores always amaze me Laughing As soon as I keep quite a number of opponents counters on the bar or on my side they score double sixes and get away fast.

It is so frustrating when the game decides to get high double rolls one after another.

It's sad, really, that I've abandoned my backgammon strategy for figuring out the best way to trap a computer player into losing points. Very Happy

I think I just maxed out my luck though- the game is onto me!!
suequk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your latest score 265 will not be topped I don't think well done Laughing
suequk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

261 sorry, but you can aim for 265 !!!
draaah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

suequk wrote:

In reference to this- you want to make sure they can only come in on the one and two spots on your side- then build a barrier so they can't get out.

Then I often leave myself open in those one and two spots so I can get him to bump me and send me back to the opponents home side again and bump more of his men. Make sense?

It's an exercise in time-wasting, but oddly it helps me relax!
suequk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the tip. I have trapped counters on the bar and on the one spot and keep bumping that one off especially when there are a number of vulnerable counters on the other side.
I have noticed as soon as you start bear off and the leave the six uncovered the computer throws a miraculous double six!! So I try not to uncover the six til the last minute a bit dodgy though.

The quest is on, how sad am I, but it does help me to relax after a busy day at work.
draaah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

suequk wrote:
Thank you for the tip. I have trapped counters on the bar and on the one spot and keep bumping that one off especially when there are a number of vulnerable counters on the other side.
I have noticed as soon as you start bear off and the leave the six uncovered the computer throws a miraculous double six!! So I try not to uncover the six til the last minute a bit dodgy though.

The quest is on, how sad am I, but it does help me to relax after a busy day at work.

It's pretty sad, but we're in it together Wink

I do the exact same thing- except, I make sure to keep getting my own men bumped to the other side repeatedly until the opponent has no choice but to move into his own zone with me there to knock more of his men. I cycle through this until he has only 4-6 of his own men on his side and the rest are in my home zone, stuck on the one or two spot. This way, even when he does begin rolling his miraculous doubles, it cannot happen all at once.

I'm so embarassed the lengths I've gone to in order to figure this out. Don't tell anyone. Very Happy
suequk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mum's the word, but hey you know whatever rocks your boat!! I'm trying to be cool about being a sad backgammon nut. Rolling Eyes
willdog40

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is the DOUBLING CUBE ?

help
gamegoddess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

willdog40 wrote:
where is the DOUBLING CUBE ?

help
elli0987

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubling cube ... I've never seen one (yes I've seen it mentioned in the 'Game Rules' too bad the computer can't read too !!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backgammon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: