Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

to the great day gamer 125 points
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherry056

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: to the great day gamer 125 points Reply with quote

I had a score of 125 lst week & didnt recieve a trophy .. Isnt 125 in tric tac toe second place? thank you..
serski

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: to the great day gamer 125 points Reply with quote

sherry056 wrote:
I had a score of 125 lst week & didnt recieve a trophy .. Isnt 125 in tric tac toe second place? thank you..

Hi sherry056.....I too had a score of 125 last week, i thought it was a 2nd place, but no......we been cheated me thinks Smile lol....
nana48

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: to the great day gamer 125 points Reply with quote

serski wrote:
sherry056 wrote:

Hi sherry056.....I too had a score of 125 last week, i thought it was a 2nd place, but no......we been cheated me thinks Smile lol....

Hi serski & sherry, It's only 150 that get's a trophy. In other games it's the top 5 scores but since 150 is the highest score then everyone who gets that receives a trophy. Last week it was almost 70 people who got a trophy for high score. On second thought if there wasn't 5 people who got 150 then 125 would get you a trophy. But that's not likely to happen.
Hope this helps.
Happy gaming Very Happy
LoverOfJoy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that they give a trophy to the top 5 scores on the board. For instance, right now, the top five are:

Quote:
1 lela

2 prettiblk..

3 .:Very Happy::.

4 lindal731..

5 nana48

However, they have decided to give a trophy to anyone else who has a score tied with the person in 5th place so right now, Sherry would also get a trophy:

Quote:
6 sherry056

But by the end of the week there are tons of people who got 150. Since the fifth in the list has 150, anyone else with 125 had more than 5 people who got a higher score.

Why would you think that you should get a trophy for being in the top five when you have a dozen or more people who had a higher score?

If it was really everyone who had the top 5 total point possibilities then nearly everyone would get a trophy. No reasonable person would have assumed that.

How many different point possibilities are there in this game? There's only 3 rounds and 4 different point distributions for each round. That's what? 20 different possible scores. And let's face it, it's almost as hard or harder to get the lowest possible scores as it is to get the highest possible scores. The vast majority of people who play this game get within the top 8 possible scores values or so.

Just because there are less possible point values shouldn't mean that this game is a cakewalk for anyone who wants a trophy. If more than 5 people have a higher score than you, then you don't deserve one. If you're tied with the top 5 players, then I can see the argument that that person deserves one (and in this case, they do get one).
LoverOfJoy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a quick check because I was curious. The top 5 possible point values are 150, 125, 110, 105, and 100. Over half the players so far have 100 or above. In contrast, no one so far has the bottom 5 possible point values.
sherry056

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just curious on the point system is all...I know the highest anyone can get is 150... but i wasnt sure how they gave the trophys out for this game..but I have fun playing..ty for replying..

Happy gaming ALL Very Happy
sherry056

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: answer to my question Reply with quote

I emailed greatday games first before I posted here & they answered me just now..heres what they said.. I understand it now..TY greatday games for replying.. Very Happy

Hi,
For Tric Tac Toe, the top 5 players all scored 150. In this case, all players who score 150 were awarded the trophy and the 500 treats bonus.

Silas

www.greatdaygames.com
serski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: to the great day gamer 125 points Reply with quote

nana48 wrote:
serski wrote:
sherry056 wrote:

Hi serski & sherry, It's only 150 that get's a trophy. In other games it's the top 5 scores but since 150 is the highest score then everyone who gets that receives a trophy. Last week it was almost 70 people who got a trophy for high score. On second thought if there wasn't 5 people who got 150 then 125 would get you a trophy. But that's not likely to happen.
Hope this helps.
Happy gaming Very Happy
Hi nana48....thanks for clearing that up for me! Wink Smile
serski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: sherry..that was fun:) Reply with quote

Smile Hi sherry, just finished playing a few games with you, just wanted to say thanks for the games, i had fun, and guess what????? WOOHOO!!!! for the 1st time i made the "150" club Wink So me thinks we will both get a trophy this time Very Happy happy tric trac toeing....
sherry056

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: TY Reply with quote

Yeah I agree Serski.. thank you Nana & greatday games for clearing this up..I just didnt undersntad it lol...Oh btw it was good games Serski..Ty for playing.. Very Happy
sherry056

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: WTG Serski Reply with quote

WTG Serski..You made it..congrats! Very Happy happy tic tac toeing too lol ..hope to play again..
sherry056

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: serski Reply with quote

Im a member of that 150 club too.. just got one today. Very Happy
nana48

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherry & Serski,
Congrats on your trophies for top score! I know the scoring system is a little confusing. Glad I could help in clearing it up. That's what I like about this game, once you get 150 you're gonna get a trophy. By the way serski how do manage such a high score on word search? I once got over 2 million but only because for some reason I got 180 minutes instead of 4 minutes Laughing. I finally quit after about 1 hour. Rolling Eyes
Happpy gaming! Very Happy
serski

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

nana48 wrote:
Sherry & Serski,
Congrats on your trophies for top score! I know the scoring system is a little confusing. Glad I could help in clearing it up. That's what I like about this game, once you get 150 you're gonna get a trophy. By the way serski how do manage such a high score on word search? I once got over 2 million but only because for some reason I got 180 minutes instead of 4 minutes Laughing. I finally quit after about 1 hour. Rolling Eyes
Happpy gaming! Very Happy
Hi nana48....yea i was looking at your profile, my eyes nearly fell out of my head when i seen your BIG score Surprised speed for me seems to be the answer, i highlight one word whilst looking for the other, thats it! Smile I dont think we have played each other in TTT have we? look forward to maybe playing sometime Very Happy take care x
serski

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: WTG Serski Reply with quote

sherry056 wrote:
WTG Serski..You made it..congrats! Very Happy happy tic tac toeing too lol ..hope to play again..
Yea i'd love to play again, i have a ?.... is it just pot luck who you play? i mean we dont get to choose do we? I pop in nearly every day hoping for a game, dont always get one though! Mad laters sherry056 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tric Tac Toe All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: