Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Picture of the Area Where I Live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Picture of the Area Where I Live Reply with quote

I thought it might be fun and nice to see some of the places where GDG gamers call home. Since we can't actually put pictures in the forum, I think it might work to put in a link to a picture that shows some highlight of your area where you live -- or if not a highlight, maybe just the countryside or the mountains or the shore or a unique building near to you. By the way, thanks for going to the trouble to do this!.
I will start by showing you all some of Iowa in the summer.
Very Happy
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Iowa In the Summer 2018 Reply with quote

Iowa Farm
https://www.google.com/search?q=Iowa+in+the+summer&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjszfXEk5ncAhWCpoMKHRvyBmQQsAQIKA&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=gQ0oqKp1FK8WfM:
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, Gloria...if I only knew how to do it Smile Confused Smile
Maybe my niece will come by and I can get her to show me.
Then I'll show off the beautiful Georgia mountains.
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people on GDG are from all over the world. It's interesting to see pictures of some of those places. If anyone wants to know how to do this, find a picture on the Internet of your area, where you are from. You can type into the Google search box the name of your area, then you will get a list of many, many articles. But right at the top of the page, it will say "ALL MAPS NEWS IMAGES VIDEOS MORE SETTINGS TOOLS." So when you see that row of those words, click on "IMAGES." You will see a whole bunch of photos of your area. Choose one of the photos and click on it so it is taking up most of your screen. Then go to the address line that tells the web address of your photo. Copy and paste that web address here in the Forum. Then anyone can click on the web address and see your area. I just wrote "New Zealand" into Google, for the fun of it. Then I clicked on Images at the top of the page. Up came lots of gorgeous photos of New Zealand. I copied it and here I'm pasting it for you to see: https://www.google.com/search?q=New+Zealand&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-zPTeppvcAhVlyoMKHfLcA8MQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=966#imgdii=frz58tdnG_FK2M:&imgrc=xjD3H6TqrvY6MM:
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is exactly what I was meaning to do,
but it took me to a site that I can see some things to do at Fort Mountain.
I live about four miles from the foot of the mountain.

https://goo.gl/images/iZWUXS

Well......when I clicked it from here
it didn't do the same as when I previewed it...
so once you click this link you need to click the title of the picture you see.
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I loved looking at all those pictures, ConnieLea! You live in a beautiful area, with lots of potential for good hiking. I'd enjoy visiting there. Those prehistoric rocks are quite interesting. What could they have meant to some people very long ago?
Thank you for going to the effort to do this.
I hope some other GDGers will follow suit.
lisa819

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, giving it a try.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&tbm=isch&q=black+hills+sd&backchip=g_1:south+dakota&chips=q:black+hills+sd&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb7czx4qbcAhUGzIMKHXc6DdIQ3VYIJSgA&biw=1366&bih=635&dpr=1
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa819, thanks for putting up pictures of the area where you live. I have lived in Iowa all my life but I've never been to the Black Hills of South Dakota. You live in a gorgeous part of our country. It must be so nice there. It was fun to go through all the pictures from your link. Thank you very much. I hope others will enjoy them too. Smile
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisa819, I've always been crazy over Black Hills Gold jewelry,
so I really enjoyed looking at your links to South Dakota.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: