Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Arkadium and the future of Great Day Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LooneyToonz

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnieLea wrote:
LooneyToonz, I wouldn't even start to guess at your age group if anyone asked me what I thought.

Oh, ConnieLea... The bullies at Pool Multiplayer already do enough bashing about people's ages; I really don't need more of it here.

Having said that, we are both free to say whatever we want to on this site, so I guess you are free to choose to say things like that.

In this country we have free speech, no matter a person's age. We can be 7, 17, 70, or even 107. Speaking our minds is our right. I have the right to say that I think GDG doesn't do much around here (except take money from oblivious advertisers and add more games), but you could say that they do a lot. They should've told us when they sold out that they weren't going to fix things or help people; a simple one or two sentences could've very easily done the trick! Anyway, it doesn't matter what we say; we're both entitled to our opinion and expressing it. Apparently, we don't even have to keep the "rules" anymore! Just FYI, Neil from Arkadium said, on May 6, 2015, in chat, "And the forum will be shut in the coming months..."

I have been relentlessly bullied in Pool Multiplayer. Others have been bullied as well. Bullies have told us that we're ugly MF-ers, to shut the F up, that they hope we "pass away," that we do things to people's dead mothers, and other hurtful things. Sure, we could go somewhere else to play, but we have every right to enjoy ourselves and be with the friends we have here without having to leave this site. I've been speaking up to try to get help from Arkadium/GDG and it has fallen on deaf ears on the part of both (yes, Arkadium, too). Sometimes, however, the victims, by reaching out for help, get re-victimized by the ones they think can help as well as other people. The ones who could help the most (Arkadium/GDG) choose to only be bystanders...a very pathetic and sad fact!

As I stated before (maybe you didn't see it), you and I really do want the same things from this site...to play some games. virtually meet nice people, and have fun. I'd like to be able to play in peace, too, but that's too much to ask of this site.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no 'bashing' towards age intended in my comment.
There are ages of players here at GDG, from the young to the 'older' Smile
If you don't mind my asking, what 'chat' was the post about the forums in?
Also...there wasn't a 'sell out' for the site (I don't think),
it's just that the owners are moving on to bigger things.
There is a post with a link to read about it somewhere here in the forums.
I don't remember where exactly, but I'll look for it and you can read it.
Maybe it will give you some answers to some of your questions.
Try to ignore the ugly comments and enjoy chatting with your friends.
Eventually without any feedback, talking to the air will get old to the bullies.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LooneyToonz, I did miss your post in 'Multi Player Pool' until just now Embarassed
I hope you haven't taken offence at any of my posts.
I didn't mean them in any bad or mean way.
I just truly believe that if you ignore someone long enough
they'll get tired of talking to the air and they'll go away.
So every time you and/or your friends see their name
flag them without even looking to see what they have to say.
Maybe then they'll see that none of y'all
are going to put up with their silly crap.
Happy playing, whatever y'all choose to do.
LooneyToonz

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Chat address Reply with quote

The chat with Neil was at business.arkadium.com

On the lower right of the page (don't scroll down) is a box that business people can fill in. There is also sometimes a little red box that says "Chat Now" on it. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. Now u see it, now u don't...lol!

About that thing you wanted me to read: try the search feature at the top of the Forum page. If you can remember a unique word or phrase in it, it should be able to find places where it might be. Click into one of them. Then you can hit ctrl F and it should find the word/phrase on the page itself. If it's only in one place, it should find it pretty easily.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can remember is (I think) it was a post made by krazykop.
It was probably in General Chit Chat.
It's been a good while back.
toxon

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Brian, thank you for all you have done to keep this house of cards standing. Wish you well.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Brian is on to other things with Arkadium
I hope he's doing well and enjoying his new position.
oznog

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDG-Brian wrote:
Please read my post again. NOBODY is checking in on the Multiplayer Pool game chat or comments.

Okie dokie, if you say so. But, do remember that only a couple days ago you also said: "I MAY STILL DROP BY TO SNEAK IN A GAME OF MULTIPLAYER POOL OR MAHJONGG TOY CHEST." You know how it is, Brian. I say "check-in" and you say "sneak-in" - and THAT particular game is much like the 'I say PO TAH TOE and you say PO TAY TOE game.

GDG-Brian wrote:
Arkadium is not legally responsible for anything people post on our site, just as the postal service and telephone companies are not held legally responsible for people who use them to communicate in negative or illegal ways.

Well, you're right, in that the whole of the internet is STILL very much like the old American days of THE WILD WEST. But we both know that the global (internet) sheriffs are beginning to get the upper hand, and that those longstanding legal disclaimers of so many websites are now quickly being denied - especially when it comes to communicating any kind of physical threat - which just happens to be, exactly, what we are talking about in your Multiplayer Pool 'in-game chat box.'

GDG-Brian wrote:
Some of our games, like Multiplayer Pool, have in-game chat. We've never been able to monitor this in-game chat, and WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE WAY THIS WORKS in these games.

Brian, you are of impressive talent in the field of online game design, but in all the years I played Multiplayer Pool you steadfastly refused ANY AND ALL FIXES that would've made it a more pleasant game experience for all. For what purpose?!? Really... come on dude... how much effort would it have taken for such a big time, whiz-bang, major league, game designer - as yourself - to simply shut down, block, disable or, otherwise, delete that game's 'comment box' - which serves MUCH TOO OFTEN as a place for some to openly and freely express HATRED in the most ugly and profane ways imaginable.

Sorry, but I'm with Looney......................... thanks for nuthin.'

GDG-Brian wrote:
If you want to play games on a site with better moderation, you will need to find another site to play on.

To be sure, when you offer a site with NO MODERATION, it's not too hard to find another with BETTER MODERATION.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe what Brian said was "sneak in to play a game".
Nothing about sneaking in to moderate anything.
You said "To be sure, when you offer a site with NO MODERATION, it's not too hard to find another with BETTER MODERATION."...have you found one?
Looks like as of today you're still here at GDG playing or posting anyway.

HAPPY PLAYING WHEREVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT Exclamation Exclamation
LooneyToonz

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, oznog! Good to see you! I know that you completely understand where I'm coming from because you have seen first hand what goes on at Pool Multiplayer since you play there, too.

It's beyond me why nobody can moderate over there. I think it takes all of 5-7 minutes to read the comments each day. How is that so difficult for them? A 10-year-old kid (or younger) could read the comments and say if some comments are bad or not! GDG and Arkadium are just plain lazy! There is no other explanation!

I actually was in the process of joining another site but was having trouble with it. I contacted the site and received help in less than a day. They were very kind and helpful...and I wasn't even a member yet! Maybe GDG/Arkadium should let them buy them out! The other site knows how to get things done!!!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LooneyToonz, why not post the name of the site you were visiting?
I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy trying out new places to play.
Thanks in advance.
oznog

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking only for myself... I would never make known such information ('other places that I play') just for fear that you, ConnieLea, might also register that same site and, thereby, have yet another place where you could prattle-on endlessly with your Pollyannaesque commentary.

Still, however, if you really are in need of other places to play, here's an idea: 'google' the following words... Online Game Sites. In about 0.33 seconds, Google will provide you with a list of some 387,000,000 results... give or take a few million, of course.

HAPPY PLAYING WHEREVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT Exclamation Exclamation
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oznog, I'm sorry to read that you see ConnieLea's comments as Pollyannaesque. That sounds like a hurtful comment or even a put-down for her efforts to explain things to people from her outlook and with her experience. I've noticed that game players at GDG would ask questions or make comments about games and the only person who would reply would be ConnieLea. I thought maybe she was employed by Arkadium but she assures me she is not, she is just wanting to try to help when people have some sort of trouble with a game. I would love to see a time when people kept mean-spirited thoughts to themselves and used their voice to encourage and help others. The whole trouble is that there are apparently bullies lurking out in the Multiplayer Pool game and use the chat system to berate other players. Since we can see how disturbing that has been for many players, and since Arkadium has opted not to boot them out, we are left to ourselves to be the best people we can be, while enjoying the games. I've found some pretty good game sites. Included are games.com; Mindjolt.com; Zibbo.com; AARP.com/games; Wellgames.com; Addictinggames.com. I wish you all the best, Oznog.
oznog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloria Billings wrote:
[color=darkblue]Oznog, I'm sorry to read that you see ConnieLea's comments as Pollyannaesque.

Please, Gloria, do allow this much: I, too, would hope to NOT characterize her (or anyone else's) posts as, "Pollyanna esque." To be sure, however, I consistently find ConnieLea's commentary to be overly and even illogically optimistic. I also find her tone to be rather condescending, but, hey, that's just cynical and sarcastic me.

One has only to read a few dozen of her (nearly 3000) posts to see just how often she couches her comments with 'left handed apology'... usually along the (paraphrased) line of, "Gee, I really hope you didn't take any offence at my words. I wasn't trying to be mean."

Gloria Billings wrote:
[color=darkblue]I would love to see a time when people kept mean-spirited thoughts to themselves and used their voice to encourage and help others.

And I would love to see a time when people just spoke their minds... candidly, bluntly, truthfully, and without apology. Believe me, I have not yet begun to write.

Gloria Billings wrote:
[color=darkblue]I thought maybe (ConnieLea) was employed by Arkadium but she assures me she is not. She is just wanting to try to help when people have some sort of trouble with a game.

Be ever mindful that this is the internet - anyone and everyone's personal assurance is somewhat worthless, and to accept same is to act purely on faith. Of course, not all are liars, but certain anonymity does certainly embolden. Por ejemplo, here at GDG it is not outside the realm of possibility that oznog is, actually, ConnieLea... or that ConnieLea is Brian... or that oznog, ConnieLea, and Brian are, in fact, all the same person! Again, the internet is just as tricky and dangerous as was the WILD WILD WEST, where deceptive, dishonorable, and nefarious individuals do abound. Caveat emptor is the rule.

Understand, Arkadium is based in Ukraine, a country, where, according to wikipedia: "Corruption is a widespread and growing problem. Ernst & Young put Ukraine among the three most corrupted nations of the world." And to that, GDG is not a secure website (it is http, not https). Hold on tightly to your personal info, Gloria. Contrary to any and all assurances made by Arkadium / GDG, (and despite any 'legal' appearance of those assurances), some sites are known to sell or trade the personal info of their registrants. Fellow gamers... don't let your Norton subscriptions lapse.

Indeed, Gloria... I, too, wish you all the best.
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Oznog Reply with quote

I agree heartily with what you wrote. It's pretty important to mention that people take care with what they provide in the way of personal data on this website. Just because we want something to be true and fair doesn't begin to mean it will be that way. Not everyone who plays the games on GDG is well-adjusted mentally and that pathology comes spilling over the banks when they aren't winning or they see someone vulnerable.
Thank you for going to all the trouble to respond to my comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: