Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

pesky ads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricotta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: pesky ads Reply with quote

It is one thing to run ads before & after each game but, now it is difficult to change games. The ads running at games end lets one report the ad, who to or why do not know as this feature not working. The ads are bypassed by refreshing page, good if I want another round of that game. If the ad is allowed to run at the end I can only click play again, good if I want to play that game again. This new feature, to me, removes my ability to scroll to my tab of favourite games, search (for games) box & all tabs at top of the screen. I have GDG on my favourites with IE, clicking on it at the end of the game is the only way I can change to another game. This is annoying, frustrating etc.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screen that I see after playing a game, always says
in the bottom right corner, 'click to continue to your game',
when I click that the screen goes away and I can go to
my favorite games tab or back to my home page,
or wherever I choose to go.
Magnet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ricotta, I am having the same problem and have posted on Technical Support as I get a message "returning to my app". As I am using PC and web site, I believe that we are getting both PC and mobile ads. The lack of scrolling facility after the video has played would also point to this and is most annoying part of this recent development
Raveneska

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Even when you want to enter some comment, you get that pesky black screen and with that, this ranks the long list of irritation by the increase in sneaky ad-possibilities. It's just not worth it to play for more then a few games anymore, too much ads all around.
Magnet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have e-mailed GDG, let's see if we get any response
hairshredder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with getting a reply to your email, I guarantee that won't happen. Noone answers question anymore or gives advice. GDG Brian used to be the guy that would communicate with us but he hasn't been around for a very long time. I get that black screen also for an app and there is no way of leaving before the add ends.

I have read a few things around the interenet and I think this site has been sold on, the new owner/owners don't find the need to communicate, probably because it makes no difference to them.

They make money from the adds and as long people come here to play, which they will, nothing will change or it will probably get worse, like you Ravenska I only play a few games and leave, I only have two favorite games now. Remember when this was a really good site?
mamavan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all --
Sadly, hairshredder is so right. This site is not monitored as it once was and the "support" link through GDG is useless.
I had an issue a few months back and was able to get a quick fix by emailing support ---
through Arkadium's site. I hope this link works for the rest of you as well.

https://arkadiumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
ricotta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thank you mamavan for the info on where to contact website to send email. Copied my original statement and sent it, let us see if they reply and what they have to say. I did include the fact that the new BS prevents one from seeing ads from other companies which have paid them for advertising. Thank you to everyone for validating this issue. Once I did the post there were no replies which made me think I was the only one having this problem. Nice to know I am not alone. Everyone have yourselves a great day.
ricotta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: no answer Reply with quote

Arkadium was emailed re: new difficulties being encountered. Claim there is no change made on ads, asked that a screen shot been taken & sent. A screen shot was taken showing black screen with no scroll bar on right side of computer & one of the rare ads being run both sent. Following is the reply received just minutes ago which was copied & pasted here.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm still not seeing this on our test systems, but I'll let our developers know. It can take some time for our ad provider to make changes to the ads on our site, so please let me know if this has changed at all for you!

Brian Peterson
Arkadium Customer Support
g8rmom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now we at least know Brian still works for Arkadium. He just doesn't monitor the forums anymore. Rolling Eyes
hairshredder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know. I'm still not seeing this on our test systems, but I'll let our developers know. It can take some time for our ad provider to make changes to the ads on our site, so please let me know if this has changed at all for you!

Why don't they just look at the game on a normal computer instead of a test system, seems you were dismissed. At least you got a reply to your inquiry.
Magnet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody seen any improvement. I certainly haven't. Still an inability to scroll after every game and having to refresh every time.
I have discovered a ploy to reduce time on the long "You Tube" ads. If you actually press play there is an option to skip after 15 seconds. This is obviously a ploy to get lots of hits and help some videos to become viral
ricotta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: No Change Reply with quote

Magnet: Just read your post & can attest to the fact that there is no change to the pesky ads. In fact what is going on now is the site is slowing down at the start of the game pre any ads between ad & game start, at end of game & start of ad & again at the end of the ad. More often than not I do not see an ad, just a black rectangular box. This is a problem for the player but, for the other advertisers as we are not given a chance to even get at glimpse of them. If it was me paying GDG/Arkadium for advertising & learning that the audience does not get to see them I would immediately ask for a full refund, refuse to advertise with them ever again & pass the word around about how they treat their advertisers & players.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site does have some issues Sad Sad and I hate it too.
However, some of the issues being complained about are actually glitches
that may or may not be coming from the advertising sites themselves.
Not all of them have to be from GDG.
If anyone that posts in the forums ever finds a free game site
that has no ads, no glitches and no problems......
will you PLEASE post the name of the site here.
That way we can all go play there.
I haven't found a game site, yet, without something to complain about.
And believe me, I have searched for years.
hairshredder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a lot of us are experiencing these glithches, so wether it's GDG or advertising sites, GDG does need to address these issues. People have a right to complain and share with others problems they experience on this site. For most of us it's good to know others have a problem also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: