Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

If you wnt people to take notice of adds, a thought.........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hairshredder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: If you wnt people to take notice of adds, a thought......... Reply with quote

I've been here for years, at the beginning the adds weren't as bad or as abundant as they are now. If I go to a site that has a couple of adds I am more likely to take notice of them, on this site I completely ignore adds. Adds are everywhere, waiting and waiting till an add is finished, and then whilst playing adds flash all around the game, I have strategies to deal with this, but honestly I have had enough.

I've only been playing a game when I come here then I leave, all that flashing is exhausting, now I can't even be bothered to stay at all...

How about some balanced thinking, less adds make more sense, maybe you can charge more for adds, as they would be featured instead of competing with all the other adds..

This place has become obnoxious with all the advertising, noone really chats anymore it's just not worth it, Great Day Games, wake up to yourselves...
Cherry_Carver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Excellent post! Reply with quote

Well said, hairshredder!!! I liked GDG far better when there were fewer ads and they put the chatroom to the side where people could actually READ it and reply while playing games.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the ads are worse than at other times.
They are annoying to say the least, but...I'm sure they're here to stay.
A persons' only option is to play or not to play.
I choose to play...and if at some point I can't stand the ads...
I'll play somewhere else...or not at all.
As for reading and/or replying to comments...
I can't do either while I'm playing a game...
I do those two things either before or after the game.
If I tried to do either of them while playing a game
my game would suffer terribly...and some already do Embarassed Smile
hairshredder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading some other stuff on the forums, I realize that GDG doesn't really care about this kind of gaming format that is here, so the adds are just a cash cow for their other enterprises. It's a shame for those of us that don't want to play through facebook or tablets or iphones and whatever. personally I can't be bothered with all the distraction here and have only come in to check the forums.

One gets over wanting to play after a while, and I don't miss the games as much as I thought, just another place ruined by advertising, oh well.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's why they say "To each their own."
I don't work and spend a great deal of time by myself
so I would miss my main source of 'at home' entertainment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: