Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Saving your progress in SA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Saving your progress in SA Reply with quote

I noticed some questions about saving progress in the game, so here is a big how-to guide for the curious!

Your progress is saved locally on your system as Flash storage. To make sure this is working correctly, head to this site:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Once here, make sure the bottom 2 boxes are checked, and that the slider is set at a value above 0 KB.

If these options are configured correctly, it means that your game progress should be saving to your computer...

HOWEVER!

There are a lot of maintenance and cleaning programs that will clear this data automatically when they are run, whether you run it manually or on a schedule. All of these programs have options that will allow you to customize what is deleted. Make sure that you are not cleaning anything named "Flash Storage", "Flash Cookies", "Local Flash data", or anything similar - these programs sometimes have different names for the same thing.

Post here with any questions or if you need help following these steps. Thanks, and enjoy the game![/url]
lnjr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I never changed those settings and I have mine set to unlimited as well. Now I just need to figure out what setting I need to change in CCleaner as well. Thanks Brian!
SookieStackhouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info and the link Brian!
The progress eraser never actually happened to me but I was aware of it happening to other players. Comments about lost progress would be posted and then for a while everything would be fine, and then the comments would start up again. At some point I realized that these comments were consistently going up around the same time every month so I figured that a lot of people probably had their scheduled tasks set to that date.
Recently I've posted comments saying that this had been happening on or around the 10th of every month but now I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly. It might have been the 15th or the 18th. The 18th is just so random but for some reason that number keeps surfacing when I'm trying to remember the date.
Oh well, I guess the date isn't important at this point.
I wouldn't be concerned about loosing my own progress (since my progress was never erased in the past) except that now I'm using a new laptop and Windows 8.
In the past I was able to access scheduled tasks, review them and the dates that they were set to but now when I try to access something like scheduled tasks it's like OMG... I am so LOST! Where is everything at now!? Rolling Eyes
I really appreciate you putting up the link and info so that we can take steps to protect our progress... lol, right now I feel so USELESS but you still rock!
Smile Thanks!
lovescountry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Brian!!! Smile
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

SookieStackhouse wrote:
Thanks for info and the link Brian!
The progress eraser never actually happened to me but I was aware of it happening to other players. Comments about lost progress would be posted and then for a while everything would be fine, and then the comments would start up again. At some point I realized that these comments were consistently going up around the same time every month so I figured that a lot of people probably had their scheduled tasks set to that date.
Recently I've posted comments saying that this had been happening on or around the 10th of every month but now I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly. It might have been the 15th or the 18th. The 18th is just so random but for some reason that number keeps surfacing when I'm trying to remember the date.
Oh well, I guess the date isn't important at this point.
I wouldn't be concerned about loosing my own progress (since my progress was never erased in the past) except that now I'm using a new laptop and Windows 8.
In the past I was able to access scheduled tasks, review them and the dates that they were set to but now when I try to access something like scheduled tasks it's like OMG... I am so LOST! Where is everything at now!? Rolling Eyes
I really appreciate you putting up the link and info so that we can take steps to protect our progress... lol, right now I feel so USELESS but you still rock!
Smile Thanks!

Sookie,
Can you not change back to Windows 7 Question
I know nothing about it,but I had a friend change one of my desktops
from Windows 8 back to Windows 7 for me.
So I was just wondering if you could do the same to your laptop.
SookieStackhouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ConnieLea!
I'm sure I could. Regretfully I'm getting to the point of wanting to do just that.
When I bought the new laptop with Windows 8 I WANTED to love it.
I could have gone with a new laptop and stayed with Windows 7 but... well, I should have at least tried it out before making the buy.
I know Windows 8 is great for tablets, touchscreens, etc, but IMO it isn't the best operating system for pc users.
I know that Arkadium has been all about loving some Windows 8 for the last year and I'm not happy with how I continue being so negative about it, but OMG it is NOT what I expected!
I keep holding out hope that I will have the Ahhh-Ha! moment and everything will fall into place.
I used to know my computer, where and how to access just about anything I was looking for... now I feel like it takes forever to do those same types of things.
Maybe I just need to look for a tutorial on working with Windows 8... I'm sure there's plenty out there to find.
Right now (when I'm playing Stunt Armadillos) I'd be happy just knowing how to stop the tools from popping up when my pointer scrolls too close to the corners of the screen. :/ It's so not helpful when that happens.
Thanks for your input and suggestions on converting... I might end up taking that advice.
You're pretty awesome ConnieLea... and your weather forecasting skills are crazy on the mark! You had a good week-2week jump on those weather guys!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to like Windows 8 too,but it was a no go fo us Smile
My hubby liked it pretty good,but the rest of us that play didn't.
So now both of my desktops have Windows 7 (WHEW)
and his laptop is still on Windows 8,I think.
I either kept pulling the tools up Mad Mad
or couldn't get it to come up when I wanted it to Smile
I think not being able to get it to pop up was the worst Smile
You're over there just scrolloing away and nothing is happening...
except feeling kinda goofy Smile Smile
SookieStackhouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ConnieLea wrote:
We tried to like Windows 8 too,but it was a no go fo us Smile
My hubby liked it pretty good,but the rest of us that play didn't.
So now both of my desktops have Windows 7 (WHEW)
and his laptop is still on Windows 8,I think.
I either kept pulling the tools up Mad Mad
or couldn't get it to come up when I wanted it to Smile
I think not being able to get it to pop up was the worst Smile
You're over there just scrolloing away and nothing is happening...
except feeling kinda goofy Smile Smile

lol, "goofy" would be a cleaned up, forum acceptable description of how I feel when the tools pop up and then DON'T pop up!
But yeah, I think you understand exactly how I feel about the whole thing.
It stinks when you WANT to love it and then have to deal with realizing how much you just don't. Blah!
Smile come hit some armadillos with me!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,Sookie,goofy was the nicest word I could think of Smile Smile
For some reason those Dillos keep wanting to go backwards...
straight up in the air...or travel about 13M when I hit 'em Smile Smile
I keep on trying though,along with keepin' on laughing and cussin' Smile Smile
SookieStackhouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

SookieStackhouse wrote:

A player has lost their progress... it happened either on the 17th or 18th. I'm not sure which date and I'm waiting to hear back from them but they are currently offline.
I hope they will post some details of what happened here so that this can get figured out.
They don't deserve to have to start over again...I'm not saying anyone does, but they REALLY REALLY REALLY don't.
lovescountry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long for me to get here!!!
I've been busy playing SA trying to get back all I lost....
Yep, I lost it all during a "defrag" on Feb. 17th between 6p-10:30p.
I think I hold the record for the most re-starts on this game. 3 in old version, alone. Now this one. Makes total of 6 start-at -the-beginnings. I won't add in the 2 at Orlando Sentinal..lol)
I don't know why compressing files would cause this.

I DO know that my settings were correct prior to the defrag. They weren't, after, cuz I checked them, 1st thing.
The 2 boxes were still checked, but the slider was back at 0. I did put it up to the lowest place above 0 that I could, which is where I had had it set, then went to play SA.

All upgrades,and 62,000+ in coin, GONE!!!
It made me sick.....just could not believe that it had happened Shocked Hated having to start over but I love this game so much, how could I not?

I am at a complete loss as to WHY it happened. Can only surmise that some cleaner did it when puter shut down. I searched n couldn't find it. I use Wise Registry Cleaner exclusively n I had the "scheduled tasks" turned off because I couldn't find what I wanted to protect. ( Windows 8 sucks, btw)

I have everything back, now, except the coin n that's gonna take a bit...
I am enjoying the game and reading the constant stream of posts...Such a FUN, friendly bunch of gamers, so very supportive and encouraging to each other.
I never posted about my loss on the game site, (only told Sookie) but, if I had, they would have rallied around me.

I am, to say the least, TERRIFIED that it will happen again. Any help, ideas, thoughts, would be very much appreciated.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovescountry, I'm so sorry for your loss at DilloVille.
Believe me, I can empathize with you. I had a BAD virus in/on my computer the other day and had to have a friend come fix it for me.
The only way they could fix it was to reinstall Windows.
Needless to say, I lost it all, except for my e mail...
thank goodness I didn't lose it too:!: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I don't play at DilloVille as often as some of y'all do, so it'll take me forever to get back to anywhere. Of course I would be even more upset if my scoring, coins and power ups had been more than what they are.
Y'all have fun WHACKIN' those Dillos Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
SookieStackhouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm posting a few screenshots that will hopefully be helpful.

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[/img]
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sookie, I didn't know that you spoke Alien. Smile Smile
Just kidding, but as dumb as I am about computers
that's about what your info looked like to me. Smile Smile
So far my progress is being saved at DilloVille,
so I don't have to try to find any of the things you pointed out.
If I do start to have problems I know where to look.
(even if I have to get someone to tell me where to go to see those things)
(I really am dumb when it comes to computers) Smile Confused Embarassed Embarassed Confused Smile
Thanks for sharing.
SookieStackhouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ConnieLea wrote:
Sookie, I didn't know that you spoke Alien. Smile Smile
Just kidding, but as dumb as I am about computers
that's about what your info looked like to me. Smile Smile
So far my progress is being saved at DilloVille,
so I don't have to try to find any of the things you pointed out.
If I do start to have problems I know where to look.
(even if I have to get someone to tell me where to go to see those things)
(I really am dumb when it comes to computers) Smile Confused Embarassed Embarassed Confused Smile
Thanks for sharing.

Nanu Nanu ConnieLea! Wink

Nope, not bilingual... neither human or alien.
I know this because I confuse myself most of the time.
I think I do speak a little goose though.
Smile

I just want to make sure you know that DilloVille sounds awesome but GDG isn't saving the game progress... it really is saved in your computer.

Thank you for the nice words but I'm not smart and you're not dumb .
If I was even close to being smart I would have run away from this mess last week.
Have a fun night... TWD is on in a little while so I'm guaranteed to be HAPPY for the rest of the night.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stunt Armadillos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: