Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

We're testing an interesting new prize this week!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: We're testing an interesting new prize this week! Reply with quote

Click the "Prizes!" tab and check out a new kind of prize we're testing out this week for our most dedicated players. The winner will be able to pick a "No Ads" day for their favorite game! It's open to all players and costs 10,000 treats to enter. Since this is a totally new kind of prize, feel free to post any questions about this prize here and I'll have an answer for you soon!

In case you didn't check your messages yet, here's the "official" announcement:

Good afternoon Great Day Games players!

As many of you know, we've been working on updating the sweepstakes program. We're ready to start test out new types of sweepstakes, and we're starting out with an exciting one!

Available now on the Prizes page, you can enter the "You Pick: No Ad day for your favorite game!" sweepstakes. The winner of this prize will get to choose their favorite game, and we'll remove video ads from this game for an entire day! Even better - this will affect all players on Great Day Games, so for that day, you'll be the most popular player in your favorite game's community!

We'll be in touch with the winner next Monday with more details. Will it be you?

Good luck, and thanks for playing at Great Day Games!
diamonddiva

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: what a pitiful "sweepstakes and tacky too Reply with quote

MOST of us use AdBlock, and those who don't just don't care to. WHY would most of us WANT to waste our treats when we already DON'T see your tacky ads thanks to a FREE program called AdBlock? We want GIFT CARDS, something tangible for the treats we worked so hard to earn, not a non-existent "prize" that we can already download for FREE. WHY would GDG do this to us? Users, pass on this joke of a "prize" and just download AdBlock-save your treats for REAL prizes, and if GDG is only going to offer THIS no-ad day thing, just remember-you can get it for FREE on line. Don't give your treats back to GDG for nothing! We are being treated shabbily by GDG offering us this so called "prize"-GDG should think more of us than THIS! This is no "prize-its their way of getting over on us without spending one cent on REAL prizes, like the gift cards we used to look forward to! Evil or Very Mad
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treats are given (or 'won',if you prefer) by GDGs.
You choose which (if any) prizes to enter to win.
It seems like a win/win thing to me.
Even if you don't win anything...what have you actually lost????
Nothing,except what was given to you to begin with.
And if you do win something...it really is 'free' winnings...
because you 'won' it with treats from GDGs.
I have fun getting treats,it's not work,it's playing games (offered,for free,by GDGs)
I just don't understand what all the complaining is truly about.
Sorry if it seems that I got up on my 'high' horse and all...
but really........ Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Exclamation Exclamation
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case this was missed before......

GDG Brian posted this Arrow Arrow

"The ad blocker is the problem. Our recent update was made to detect exactly when the ad finishes playing, and immediately jump to the game after that. Ad blockers interfere with that process, so the end of the ad is not detected, which means it won't go to the game until the standard amount of time passes. Since ad blockers also interfere with our ability to support our website, this is not something that we will be changing, since players with adblockers are not doing us any favors either.

Sorry if this comes across as mean, but please remember that our site is totally free. While I know that ad breaks can be annoying when you are excited to start playing a game, ads are what keep our site free, and keep me (and many others) employed! Try disabling your ad blocker, you may find it a better experience to be able to get to your game faster by allowing the ad to play."
g8rmom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're taking sides, I'll have to step on DiamondDiva's "side of the line". I, personally, just thought the newest prize offering was sort of lame. I also thought the 10K treats per entry was rather a lot, but since it's not something I will spend my treats on, I guess it doesn't really matter to me. I'll just wait for something that does appeal to me. Hopefully they will come back with more gift cards.

I guess there must be someone out there who's excited about this prize, since someone came up with the idea. Unless it was a GDG-er and not a gamer.

Oh, well, to each his own. Smile
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: what a pitiful "sweepstakes and tacky too Reply with quote

diamonddiva wrote:
MOST of us use AdBlock, and those who don't just don't care to. WHY would most of us WANT to waste our treats when we already DON'T see your tacky ads thanks to a FREE program called AdBlock? We want GIFT CARDS, something tangible for the treats we worked so hard to earn, not a non-existent "prize" that we can already download for FREE. WHY would GDG do this to us? Users, pass on this joke of a "prize" and just download AdBlock-save your treats for REAL prizes, and if GDG is only going to offer THIS no-ad day thing, just remember-you can get it for FREE on line. Don't give your treats back to GDG for nothing! We are being treated shabbily by GDG offering us this so called "prize"-GDG should think more of us than THIS! This is no "prize-its their way of getting over on us without spending one cent on REAL prizes, like the gift cards we used to look forward to! Evil or Very Mad

A few things:

1: If MOST of our players used Adblock, as you claim, we would have shut down this entire site a long time ago. Adblock prevents us from being able to support our site.

2: If you'd like me to take your feedback seriously, you probably shouldn't start by admitting that you use Adblocker and encouraging others to do the same.

3: You know that empty "Thanks for Playing" window you see before each game? The one that lasts for over 30 seconds? That's where an ad is supposed to be. Most of our ads run for less than 30 seconds, so in addition to not supporting our site, you're actually wasting your own time by using Adblocker. This sweepstakes would remove that window from the game of your choice for a day, so there would be no wait to start a game.
desk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: prizes Reply with quote

seems to me the same people win over and over again anyway...it can't possibly be fair to begin with. I VOTE GIFT CARDS!!!!!
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

g8rmom wrote:
If we're taking sides, I'll have to step on DiamondDiva's "side of the line". I, personally, just thought the newest prize offering was sort of lame. I also thought the 10K treats per entry was rather a lot, but since it's not something I will spend my treats on, I guess it doesn't really matter to me. I'll just wait for something that does appeal to me. Hopefully they will come back with more gift cards.

I guess there must be someone out there who's excited about this prize, since someone came up with the idea. Unless it was a GDG-er and not a gamer.

Oh, well, to each his own. Smile

We got this idea from several players in the sweeps survey we sent out a while ago. In addition, another issue that was brought up a lot was the fact that we're not able to offer gift card prizes to international players due to laws regulating worldwide contests. A large part of our players come from outside the US, so it was important to us to come up with something that was fun and worth entering that our international players could participate in.

Remember, this is only a test to see how it works out! Thanks for posting and sharing your feedback.
larkspar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me say, for starters, that I do not use adblock and don't plan to--the ads don't bother me--in fact, there are several I really like--with the exception of the Skittles ad--that is the one I cant stand to look at.
That being said--I was not happy or excited to see the "great new sweeps prize" I am not interested in that at all. I will save my treats for gift cards--hope you aren't saying they wont be back Brian!. Question I hope to see at least some gift cards come back.
desk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that i hear players outside the US will benefit from this prize i can totally accept it. i want everyone to benefit from treats!!!!!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what I would like to see offered as a prize...
"Enter to win a free downloadable game from Great Day Games".
That's one that I would definitely enter Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Maybe that should go in the 'Suggestion' threads...
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with larkspar ... I don't use any Adblocker. Sometimes the ads become annoying just because there is no advertiser rotation when you're playing the same game for quite awhile. Not sure why the Skittles ad folks thought running an ad equating their product to a disease/condition like chickenpox would make me want to run out and buy/consume it is a positive for their company. At least the M&M guys are kinda cute, LOL.

I agree international players should be able to win some sort of prizes that they would consider valuable. 10,000 treats per entry is way over the top for only one day ... now make it several days or a week and that might be more appealing. Or lower the number of treats per entry to something more compatible with the entry level for gift cards which actually have a monetary value here in the states.

Why don't you, Brian, send out a broadcast message to all asking the international players to visit the forum and comment on this so you can try to solicit their feedback since this prize was designed with them in mind?
g8rmom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think about international players either, so yes, I'm glad there's something for them to enter too. I guess it's good that some of the US players aren't interested in this; it raises the odds for the others to win. Laughing Laughing
Gcards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for involving international players in whatever kind of prize you can offer them, however, if you want them to participate you should probably not have the official rules right under the contest listing stating that you must be a U.S. resident.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ConnieLea wrote:
I know what I would like to see offered as a prize...
"Enter to win a free downloadable game from Great Day Games".
That's one that I would definitely enter Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Maybe that should go in the 'Suggestion' threads...

Would non US residents be able to enter for a free downloadable game????
If so it would be a plus all the way around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: