Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

no prizes available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larkspar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

connielea, I know the difference as far as where you can use the cards---but still---yes you are right---it DOESNT make sense !!!
larkspar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again a blank space where there had been prizes-----are there going to be any more prizes Question Question Question Question
Gcards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question - still unanswered. Still no prizes on prize page!!!!!!!
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, Brian ... what's going on with the Prize Page? Seems like it's been blank for about 2 weeks now. Sad
larkspar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there going to be any more prizes Question Question Confused
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, due to decreased traffic and entries in the sweepstakes, we're discontinuing the prize program. We don't have any plans to bring it back at this time. Sorry for the bad news!
larkspar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the honest answer Brian----I guess we just need to make a decision----why are we all so busy accumulating treats that go no where..... Crying or Very sad
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for letting us know. It's surprising to hear that GDG has had a decrease in entries. Would have been nice to have had some warning, as I would have used up my treats instead of saving them. I assume you will send out a broadcast message for those who don't visit the forum. Crying or Very sad
g8rmom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Wow, what a let down. I have to agree with FeistyLady,

FeistyLady99 wrote:
Would have been nice to have had some warning, as I would have used up my treats instead of saving them. Crying or Very sad

I may actually consider going back to the game site I came from. Not only do they still have prizes, they seem to have the "bigger & better" ones GDG was promising awhile back. Sad
mcmonkey99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: No more prizes??? Reply with quote

Wow... how disappointing.

Maybe it's just me, but I have to ask: how would the sweepstakes traffic numbers NOT be down, when we haven't been able to enter to win anything for months??? It had been so long, I even quit checking for prizes. Really too bad to have been promised a new & better batch of prizes, only to have them discontinued altogether... Sad
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No more prizes??? Reply with quote

mcmonkey99 wrote:
Wow... how disappointing.

Maybe it's just me, but I have to ask: how would the sweepstakes traffic numbers NOT be down, when we haven't been able to enter to win anything for months??? It had been so long, I even quit checking for prizes. Really too bad to have been promised a new & better batch of prizes, only to have them discontinued altogether... Sad

I know you're disappointed, but the last of our sweepstakes ended just a few weeks ago. After a brief break last year, we ran sweepstakes consistently from the end of March until the end of October, and we saw decreased traffic through those months. Sorry again!
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, perhaps you can help shed a little more light on GDG's decision to discontinue the sweeps. Please share the rationale of GDG management: the sweeps should have been one of the draws to this site, along with the quality/quantity of games available, which basically offsets the multitude of ads players ... put up with even when some are very annoying. Like a previous player mentioned, there was a long dry spell without prizes at the start of the year, when GDG was looking at changes to the prize program, and some players might not have realized the sweeps resumed. Another possibility could have been that, even though I do remember a survey about the types of prizes players would prefer, perhaps the final choices put into place didn't really appeal to most members. As I recall the old format, prizes seemed to cycle/end every 4 or 5 days ... didn't the new format lengthen those cycles to 2-3 weeks? So less opportunities to enter different drawings. I know there seemed to be lots of drawings for the Visa type gift cards vs. some of the more common retail store cards ... perhaps some players hesitated to enter for fear of too much competition. Please help clear this all up for us nosey types!
g8rmom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I checked the prizes periodically, but I was saving my treats for the "bigger & better" prizes we had been promised. Seems like it was a Catch-22.

Also, in the big scheme of things from a corporate stand-point, the prizes offered seemed rather piddly. I'm sure the $200-$300 offered a month in prizes is wasted on a daily basis in general corporate life.

I suspect Arkadium is starting to concentrate their efforts in other aspects of gaming, & really doesn't care about supporting this site much longer. After all, the treats idea is imbedded throughout the whole site. If there's nothing we can do with the treats anymore, it kind of seems like the beginning of the end.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why GDG can't offer things from GDG.
I'm talking about winnings,such as free downloadable games from GDG,
no ads game choice,pick 'x' amount of 10x games for the week or
something of that nature...you know...something involving only GDG.
At least that way players could still 'spend' their treats.
Sounds like such a good idea to me.
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g8rmom, I agree. My educated guess would be ad revenues far outpace gift card costs. Considering it took (on average) 30-45 days to send them out after confirmation, coordination of the prize program left a little to be desired. I won several last year and they always arrived, so I always recommended GDG as a reputable site. Treats ARE embedded everywhere, so if the prizes have been discontinued, management might want to check with their legal dept. regarding false advertising, etc. like on the home page. Really sad/disappointing ... this is (overall) a great gaming site.

ConnieLea, I understand where you're coming from on the GDG offerings, but personally that wouldn't hold any appeal to me. I'm sure others feel differently.

If administrative time was an issue, heck, I'd be willing to do it for them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: