Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

daily crossword

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slackin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: daily crossword Reply with quote

BRIAN, THERE IS A SCORING PROBLEM WITH THE DAILY CROSSWORD GAME. PLAYERS ARE SAVING A PUZZLE FROM THE PAST WITH THE LAST LETTER MISSING AND THEN FILLING IN THE MISSING LETTER AND GETTING DOUBLE POINTS 1880 FOR INCOMPLETE AND 1890 FOR COMPLETION FOR A TOTAL OF 3770 . ALL PLAYERS WERE ASKING HOW ONE PERSON FOUND A PUZZLE WORTH 3360. WELL I FIGURED IT OUT AND PASSED THE SOLUTION ON TO 6 PLAYERS WHO ASKED FOR HELP. SO FAR 3 OF THOSE PLAYERS ARE DOING IT EVERY TIME AND BOOSTING THEIR TREATS BY CHEATING. IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO ARE HONEST. PLEASE EITHER FIX THE SCORING GLITCH OR PUNISH THE CHEATERS OR BOTH WOULD SET AN EXAMPLE. THE ABUSERS NAMES SO FAR ARE FIT4LIFE, INJR AND G8RMOM. SOMETHING SHOULD BE SAID TO THEM BY GDG.
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know there was a "Daily" crossword puzzle.
g8rmom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I was one of the ones called by name (by the way, there are several others too), I'd like to offer another view of this. Maybe instead of it being a "problem", it's really a "feature". I suggest this, as the Treat Payout table has payouts of 200, 300, 400, & 500 treats listed. The max. we've seen so far on a daily puzzle on its own is 1890, so only 100 treats. Why else might the higher number of treats been listed? Just to frustrate us? Wink

As a systems analyst, I know that something had to be programmed to save a partially completed puzzle, plus keep score of the saved puzzle, plus scores for each space filled out. I seriously doubt this was unintentional, as it would be much easier to just have a table of puzzle numbers with the associated score. Like they do in the other 2 puzzle games.

Just my dime's worth..... Smile
eeln

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it is a matter of integrity, I am one of the ones that has chosen to not cheat. If I apply it to life's principles should I be out just for myself or be willing to help others. By refusing to score higher than 1890 then I believe I am giving everyone a chance to earn 500 treats and receive a trophy at the end of the week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: