Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Changes to Last Week's Update Coming Soon!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Changes to Last Week's Update Coming Soon! Reply with quote

Good afternoon Great Day Gamers!

We've received a huge number of emails about our site update, and we'd like to thank everyone who wrote to us for sharing their feedback, both positive and negative.

After a week, we have decided to roll back one of these changes: we will be moving the comments section back to where it was on the game page!

We originally made this change to help improve performance on our games by separating the comments, but message from our players has been loud and clear: the community and network of friends shared on Great Day Games is the most important part of our site!

We will be developing and testing this change over the next week, and you can definitely expect to see the comments moved back to the game page before mid-April.

Thank you again to all the players who took the time to write in and share your thoughts with us!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at usersupport@greatdaygames.com, or add GDG-Brian to your friends list and send a message. Have a Great Day!
krazykop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU Brian! Very Happy
eeln

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KINDA LIKED THE COMMENTS BEING ON THE PAGE BEFORE YOU PLAYED THE GAME.
THAT WAY I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY IF MY GAME WAS STARTING AND I WAS TYPING.
YOU TEND TO LOSE POINTS THAT WAY. Smile Smile Sad Sad
I'M WONDERING WHAT'S GONNA BE ON THE 1st PAGE WHEN IT'S CHANGED THIS TIME Question
OH WELL......I GUESS I'LL ADJUST(again) Smile Smile

HAPPY GAMING Y'ALL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ricotta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for returning the Comments to the Game Page. I would like to ask that the Weekly Leaderboard be switched with the Daily Board. I like to see where I stand immediately after ending a game. It does not make sense in having two boards this weighs things down thereby slowing down the entire site. I continually run into the game(s) freezing up and having to re-start by shutting down the internet and re-opening it. This does not happen when I am on other internet sites. There is also the problem of not being able to click Reply and respond to a comment. The thing is that one day I was able to the next day not, there was no change done to my computer overnight. I run IE9 on Windows 7 and have a lot of memory as well all my dodahs are updating reguarly ie IE, Norton Anti-Virus etc. There is also the problem of having the site regularly giving one a black or grey screen thereby stopping game which results in no score, no treats, and game not counting. My Page has been saying to write one more Review to level up and have written about 10 since without the level changing. I also ran into a similar problem with this while play the Solitaire and Mahjongg games. The first game of Mahjongg Toy Chest counted, subsequent ones did not this problem happened no matter which Mahjongg game played as well as the Solitaire games. Please fix the problems before making any more changes. Thank you.
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricotta, looks to me like you have everything on your computer going just swimmingly, but you have not tried one thing looks like to me. Try another browser other than IE9. Computer geeks all agree that many internet sites work better on different sites. Try this and see what happens. I have a similar 'up to date' computer as you do and experience no problems, other than the occasional heavy use of the GDG servers causing some slowness. I am not here advocating which browser to use, only stating if you rely only on the one browser for all your needs, then you can experience problems, as they are not all the same. The only thing you have to lose is some memory and memory is cheap($$$).
MellieMae

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Connie Lea - once I got used to the change, I found I actually preferred having the comments on the main page vs. the game page. You didn't lose your place in reading the comments once game starts or lose what you are typing if you are in the middle of typing something when the game starts up. Plus you had to go there anyways to see your score (I get the black blank page after game is over and never see my score unless I go to the leaderboard).

I still don't get how people make comments while playing....like I've said before, you have to wait till the game loads anyways so using that 35 seconds to flick over to the other tab to read comments wasn't a big deal (to me anyways Razz ).

But guess old habits die hard and it seems the majority wanted it back to the way it was. I realize you can't please all and I'll re-adjust once again. I enjoy playing the games in any case. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: