Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Prizes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a wild guess here and assume I might be the person caircair is refering to; yep, ConnieLea you are 1000% correct ... I enter often and I enter alot! Actually, if you look back at posts in this thread, Petunia77 hit the nail on the head ... you have to use up millions of treats, not just a few hundred. I wish it was 'every week' but it isn't ... for whatever reason, GDG will 'lump' winnings together; I don't know why or how their notification system works. It looks bad, maybe some think it's 'rigged' but it truly isn't ... I take my chances with entering just like everyone else.

I think too many people just spread their entries out too much ... 10 entries on one card, maybe 5 on another or 100 on some other one. 100 entries is, at best, very minimal. My advice, and I have shared it with others who have sent me messages, is to figure out what gift card you would really like to win, save up those treats and apply them daily to the one specific sweeps you really want. Otherwise, I think you're just wasting your treats.

Also make sure that any winning email notifications are not blocked or sent into your spam folder ... you might win and never know it. You HAVE to respond within a certain time frame to those emails ... make sure you do.

But just to emphasize the point again ... you have to enter several THOUSAND times to increase your chances of winning.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2,337,300 treats.
I'm not one to enter the sweepstakes very often,
but if I decided to enter today,what I'd do is decide on 1 or 2 prizes
and take my 7,300 and divide that between the two.
If I choose 2 prizes that would be 3,650 treats for each one,
or 7,300 on just one.
And I wouldn't even guess that that would be enough to win with.
But I think that's the general idea,right FeistyLady99 Question Question
Anyhoo......GOOD LUCK EVERY TIME Y'ALL ENTER Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, ConnieLea, that is the right idea ... but can I ask a question ... what are you saving the 2,300,000 other treats for? As the saying goes, "you can't take it with you." Unless I've missed something in the translation, they're not good at the local grocery stores or gas stations, you can't turn them into coins, etc. LOL!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

FeistyLady99 wrote:
Yep, ConnieLea, that is the right idea ... but can I ask a question ... what are you saving the 2,300,000 other treats for? As the saying goes, "you can't take it with you." Unless I've missed something in the translation, they're not good at the local grocery stores or gas stations, you can't turn them into coins, etc. LOL!

I have 2 computers in one of the bedrooms,nothing at all related to bedrooms,my cousin comes over and plays on the older one (shame on me)
we have gotten into the habit of playing poker with the number of our treats
But he's about ready to quit on me because I've passed so far ahead of him in treats that I have an extra number to play on Smile Smile
So really...there's no reason that I save them.I just hate to see them go as long as it has taken me to accumulate them. Smile Smile
But,BOY,I wish you could spend them at the gas pumps Exclamation Exclamation

Nice chattin' with you,FeistyLady99.
Hope you've had a great holiday week end.

HAPPY GAMING TO YOU Exclamation Exclamation
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been great chatting with you, too, ConnieLea! I wish I could use mine at the grocery store ... we have 5 rescue dogs and go through kibble like it's going out of style. With so much of the country in drought conditions, so many folks are really facing the pinch when it comes to a basic need, like food. Hope you had a relaxing and safe holiday weekend.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,I agree,the grocery store would be another good place to be able to use them.
It's ridiculous,I go to town for groceries and gas and not even filling the tank completely,
I've spent close to $200xx.
If it's time to get stuff like shampoo,laundry and dish washing detergent,
I stop at the dollar store or go to Wal Mart,and spend another $50xx or so.
Sad Sad Usually more Smile Smile
But what can you do??
A body has got to live,so you just cut corners when & where you can.
That's one thing I love about this computer,
my hubby works for our cable company so we get a bit of a discount,
so I feel like I'm playing for almost free. Smile Smile

Y'ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our household is 5 adults (not to mention the 5 dogs), and within the last 3 months a friend gave us a 2.5 lb container of some laundry soap she made from an Internet recipe using Borax, FelsNaptha bar soap and Arm & Hammer washing soda. Looked really strange and 'lumpy'. I had a couple of empty bottles from liquid laundry soap I had bought, so I figured what the heck, I'll try her concoction. We used up what she gave us, and the clothes came out wonderfully. When I ran out, I purchased the stuff to make my own and I have to admit, it's really not a hassle to make and, boy, does it save money. For the 3 items needed, my total cost was under $10 and the Borax and A&H will probably last me all year. She has sent me recipes for dishwasher soap, fabric softener, etc. but haven't tried making them yet. I have to admit, I'm definitely a convert on the laundry soap ... Laughing
g8rmom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, FeistyLady, you've got us interested. Can you share the recipe or point to a web-site which would have it. It sounds good, & fragrance-free, which some of my family needs.

Thanks,
G8rmom
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FeistyLady99,I have to go with g8rmom and say I'd be interested in looking over a site such as that.Even though I'll probably never get adventureous enough to try it I tell myself that I will. Smile Smile
FeistyLady99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, guys, it's been a few days since I've looked at the forum, so sorry for the delay in response.

Not sure if links are allowed, but here goes:

http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/02/make-it-homemade-liquid-laundry-soap-1/

Also, I know there are some videos on YouTube ... just do a search for homemade laundry soap. Usually, it also brings up links to videos about fabric softeners, dishwasher soap, etc.

The instructions show grating the Fels soap bar by hand ... uh, no. I used an old food processor with the grating blade (you can ask on Freecycle in your area for a freebie one, or check out some of the resale shops/thrift stores). Also used an old pot to melt the flakes on the stove.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,FeistyLady99,I'll check that out.

HAPPY HAPPY-----TO YOU Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
g8rmom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks too, FeistyLady99. I hadn't checked in for several days either. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: