Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Mom Jongg Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MellieMae

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Mom Jongg Change Reply with quote

The change to the mom jongg game is not so great. Crying or Very sad First off, the "deal a new tile set" button is too close to the bottom corner tiles and actually sits on top of the corner tile and too easy to click it accidentally before you are ready to move to the next level, which I have already done numerous times and it's very frustrating. Secondly, as soon as you put your cursor over the flowers, you can't tell what they look like anymore and so it is very difficult to find a match....plus what flowers match what flowers changed too and I preferred it the other way.

This used to be my favorite game but not anymore. If you read all the comments on the game you'll find many others are not liking the change either. Any chance of changing it back?
sassmoc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything MellieMae said about the Mom Jongg game. I don't like it anymore. The change in the flower tiles is frustrating. I used to enjoy playing it but not now with the new change.
ricotta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely with MellieMae and sassmoc the changes on Mahjongg: Mom Jongg have made the game more complicated and less enjoyable. Prior to last change it was acceptable to match one flower with another even if not identical as well as with the tiles with the seasons. Since the last change each match as to be exact or it will not be accepted. Please change it back to the last format. Thanks.
MellieMae

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sassmoc and Ricotta for adding your input Smile

I tried to give this game a fair shake and played it some more today but did not find it any better.

I used to be able to finish the first level every time I played but now you can't and instead get "no more moves" and have to move to the next level with less points. Also, the blue flowers don't seem to have any matches, or they rarely come up due to the tile dispersment (which clearly is very different) and so you get stuck and game is over or no more moves.

Lastly, you can't get the same points as you could with the other version - it is a lower point average due to the construct of the game. So with that, the leaderboard all-time best scores are no longer in alignment with what is possible now with new version. I usually just play to beat my own score vs. compete with others, but I doubt I'll be able to get close to my high score with this newer version.

This version seems a lot more challenging and most of the time I am all for a good challenge, but this is ridiculously difficult and makes it no fun to play. Sad
mmm11796

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad . not sure why this change was made. i've been playing this game for a very long time. i am agreeing with all that have posted in this forum. the blue flowers don't match anything. they are like dead tiles. which slows down the game. the deal new tiles is placed way to low and i have hit it so many times. also i am noticing unless u click on the tile dead center it isn't turning over. the flowers never matched the other flowers and now they have to. so how come a new layout and discussion or rule changes posted. thanks for listening.
MellieMae

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those wondering what happened to the old Mom Jongg, I received an email reply back from Brian who said that the old version of Mom Jongg was not compatible to the recent changes they've made to the site.

I don't know if this is a temorary fix or not, or if they will consider having one of their expert game designers reprogram the game so all tiles match each other like the old version. That is my hope anyways Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: