Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Responding to private messages - having troubles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MellieMae

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Responding to private messages - having troubles Reply with quote

Brian,

When I respond to or start a new private email here, my computer freezes and I have to close out of my browser by way of Task Manager. The message sends though so it is freezing right after I click send. This is a new issue - never happened before. I have XP and use Firefox 7.0.1. Not that I use the private messaging that often, it still is bothersome and I don't know what I can do to remedy this problem. (Cache, Temp files and Cookies are cleared on a regular basis)

Any advice?

Thanks,
Mellie
MellieMae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brian....never heard from you on this. I didn't get a response from you on my question in the suggestion forum for that matter either. Even if you don't have an answer, it'd at least be nice to hear from you in one way or another so I know whatever I am asking or having trouble with is being read and looked into. But a solution is always the best answer if you have one Wink

I am still having trouble with sending messages - I just tried again and the page froze - I could scroll up and down but couldn't click off the page or click on any links on my page or change to another tab etc. It took about a few minutes and then resolved itself thankfully but is still bothersome. Any ideas as to the issue here?

Thanks,
Mellie
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellieMae, I think we all are experiencing this problem. It is not unique to you or your computer. Just sit tight, and like you said, it resolves itself. Goes the same for me.
MellieMae

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know it isn't just me and my computer, but I beg to differ on the "it will resolve itself"....unless there are magic computer gremlins hard at work behind the scenes Wink I did say it resolved itself that one time, but that was the only time it did...all other times I had to task manager it to start all over again. It's been an issue for at least 3 months now but like I said, it isn't a problem on a regular basis since I don't use the messaging that often, but still would be nice to hear if it is at least being looked into.

Sitting tight and playing games in the meantime Cool
Libby333

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Brian!

Please help Mellie resolve this issue elsewise i may send her a note and she won't respond because her computer goes all psycho if she does and then i will get all depressed thinking that she is ignoring me and then i may have to take some kind of anti-depressant or something...or turn to alcohol to deal with my wounded ego and....well....just help her please. Smile
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mellie, sorry for the delayed response - in the future, I am able to respond to email sent through the Email Us link at the bottom of Great Day Games much faster.

We've identified some problems with the messaging system, but we haven't seen anything freeze up the entire browser and require the program to be terminated.

It also sounds like you tried many common fixes for this problem. Can you try uninstalling all old versions of Java and updating to the latest one? Here are instructions to help you with these steps:

http://java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!
MellieMae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I found out I do in fact have an older version of java on my computer so I did the update. Before I did that I had sent a message to someone and I got a short freeze (one to two minutes) and then was back in action. Then after the java update I replied to a message and got the freeze again but this time it lasted longer. I waited patiently instead of going the task manager route but looks like the java update didn't help.

Poor Libby is going to have to keep guessing if I am ignoring her Wink, that is until this gets sorted out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: