Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Can anyone tell me if Java is imperitive for playing on GDG?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kat62

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Can anyone tell me if Java is imperitive for playing on GDG? Reply with quote

I had a notice pop up while I was in the middle of a game telling me I needed to load Java script. It would not let me close the window without accepting it, so I just shut my computer down and brought it back up, so far that message has not come back up. Can someone tell me if it is necessary, or what exactly it is?
Jindog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JavaScript is a computer language used in browsers and web development. It is a trademark of the Oracle Corporation. It is needed for certain web pages to function correctly or as intended, though not all. It is not spyware or anything harmful to your computer, though some would argue that it has inherent problems. If you get the pop-up again I would not fear it and think the worst for it. There are other languages developers use that may be better than JavaScript or more frequently used, but it is still used for web pages.

That is why it is important to check software versions and update more than just one aspect of your computer. I think the pop-up you may be receiving is telling you just that.
kat62

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jindog, just wanted to make sure I was not loading something that would mess up my computer. Had to buy a new one a few months ago after a nasty virus wiped out everything! (It was a dinosaur of a computer anyway and all I do is play games on it!)
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: