Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Mahjongg parallel Dimensions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
millerfurl67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Mahjongg parallel Dimensions Reply with quote

MPD is a team based game. It is obvious that a guest isnt going to play at the same level as the higher level players. With that in mind, why is someone who plays as guest not in their own room? At the very least you should have it broken down into tables so that you have to be a certain level to play in a room with expert players. I have found that some people will not sign in because they refuse to play the game according to the rules. They come in just to sit and not play , not go by the rules of the games or just disconnect to be annoying other players. I realize you have server issues and this might not be feasible. I find that when the game is over it will not reload. But I would gladly leave GBG if I found another sight that separated the players or guest from logged in players.[/b]
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We want everyone to be able to play our games, but we also want to ensure a great experience for players who register for our site and are dedicated fans.

We've been discussing these problems and potential solutions for them in the future. These plans are still in development, so I can't say much about them yet, but I think our fans of multiplayer games will be happy with the results!
Jindog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millerfurl67, as a long time registered player here at GDG, I play many of the other Mahjongg games, though I have yet to play MPD. No doubt when I ever do get around to playing it for the first few times I will not be very good at it. Sorry that is just the way it will be. Hopefully I don't get you as my partner and force you to find another game site because of my lousy game play. That would be sad now wouldn't it be.
mamavan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello There Millerfurl -
I am in total agreement with Jin (Hiya friend Smile ) on this point, except that I have tried to play multiplayer mahjongg. I played as "myself" --- mamavan, not a guest ... wasn't very good (being new to the game), and the hordes of "regular" players attacked everyone, through messages , who couldn't keep up and play "their" way. I refuse to try it again. I'm here for fun and relaxation.
I played multi-player Tric-Tac-Toe daily for years and back then, NEVER did the regular players berate the newbies. I have been "quit" on more times than I can count, by a "guest" ... So What? They are learning the game! I Remember what it was like to be NEW.
I really don't feel this is an issue that Brian needs to address. I think the players that get so upset over this issue, need to recognize that we are here to play GAMES for FUN.
Thanks for your post.
Enjoy Life Smile
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE TO SAY I AGREE WITH JINDOG TOO Exclamation Exclamation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I HAVE PLAYED MPD AND I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND THE RULES....
PROBABLY NEVER WILL....BUT I'M NOT THAT INTO MULTI-PLAYER GAMES.
AND SURELY NOT IF THE OTHER PLAYERS ARE HOSTILE IF I SCREW UP....
LIKE I MIGHT.

BRIAN,I SEE YOU KEEP SOME WEIRD HOURS Exclamation Exclamation
Very Happy Very Happy

Y'ALL KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON....YA HEAR Question Question Exclamation Exclamation

HAPPY GAMING TO ONE AND ALL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I sure didn't mean to start a 'lets pile it on one gamer' sort of thing, but I think we all hit on something here. Not everybody is a pro at whatever we may want them to be at. Maybe we need to show a little more understanding to our fellow gamers or maybe just keep the mobile phone a little further away from our brains so we don't get bombarded with radio-waves. Come to think of it, isn't that what we use to cook food with in a microwave oven.............. Laughing
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Jindog wrote:
Wow, I sure didn't mean to start a 'lets pile it on one gamer' sort of thing, but I think we all hit on something here. Not everybody is a pro at whatever we may want them to be at. Maybe we need to show a little more understanding to our fellow gamers or maybe just keep the mobile phone a little further away from our brains so we don't get bombarded with radio-waves. Come to think of it, isn't that what we use to cook food with in a microwave oven.............. Laughing

I WASN'T TRYING TO 'PILE IT ON' ANYONE.
I WAS MEARLY STATING THAT I HAVE PLAYED THE MPD AND I DIDN'T QUITE
UNDERSTAND THE RULES THEN AND I PROBABLY WOULDN'T NOW ANY BETTER THAN I DID THEN.THERFORE I WOULD PROBABLY BE SUCKY AT THE GAME.
OH!!!!!!!THAT AND TELLING GDBRIAN THAT HE SURE DOES KEEP SOME WEIRD HOURS Exclamation Exclamation Cool Exclamation Exclamation Cool

HAPPY GAMING,Y'ALL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Goldwolf223

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with Millerfur. We understand that this is a game that takes time to learn. Some longer then others. Confused I've been playing three years and still learning. Embarassed Having tables or rooms would be great. It would give the new players a chance to get to know the game before getting teamed with a player who is experienced and fast. Yes, we have had one or two members say something rude to a new player and when I have seen the comment myself or another member will let them know the player is new and to lighten up. I enjoy new players who (want to learn) and it's fun watching them improve. Please don't confuse some of the comments that have been made towards players who have been playing for months or much longer yet continue to play as if their teammate is the opponent or they wait until the last layout to disconnect. This game should be played with the game instructions in mind. Guest are a problem only due to the fact that trouble makers use it as a way to play silly and rude. We even have a member who will open more then one window as a guest and using sockpuppets in order to tie another member up and prevent them form getting in a game. I guess one would need to play every day to understand what a few of us are talking about. Smile
millerfurl67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Laughing Let me begin by saying I was surprised that my comment sparked this much discussion. Frankly, I didn't even expect any replys. It seems some people don't understand what I meant. I have spent hours trying to play and it can be extremely fun at times, and frustrating at others. The fact that some got soooo upset with my comment proves my point. Yes, I agree its supposed to be fun. But let's face it there are some angry people out there who make it impossible for fun to be had. I love and respect my fellow players new and old. I have been one of those guests so I know of which I speak. It was overwhelming when a game started with an experienced player. I struggled to stay with it and learn and I am still learning. I've found that different players have a unique style and that is where I find my fun!!! Laughing I look forward to playing those of you I haven't played yet. But be nice! Very Happy
millerfurl67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: One more idea Reply with quote

Just a thought: What if we had a training room where newer players who really want to learn how to play and improve their skills can learn from more experienced players? A friendly environment for all?
Goldwolf223

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Millerfurl Idea Let's play Very Happy
lanyac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully agree that there should be a training room of sorts for newer players who would like to learn to play and they don't have to be thrown into a game they don't know much about and then never want to give it a chance because they are teamed up with a very experienced player, so then they "quit" before it's finished because they aren't on the same playing level. That right there is part of the frustration with the players who play this game all the time and are getting quite angry at always being disconnected on by "guests". I know myself and lots of others would be more than happy to help others learn to play the game so it's fun for all the players new and old. If GDG ever decides to put up a training level room for MPD it would be greatly appreciated I'm sure by all those who play now and all those who ever might want to play in the future. There are some who make rude comments to new players but that doesn't normally happen by those of us who have been playing this game for years, we love to see new names of newbies (not trolls) and try to help them improve their MPD skills!
Happy Gaming Very Happy
jeque

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Thank you for your sugestión Millerfurl, it is a very very good idea!! MPD is a beautiful game once you learned it, and much of its beauty is becuase you play as a team with another player instead of against she/he. This is posible when both players know how to play.

When I started to play MPD I remember being pretty scared when a got to team up with a very experienced player as i wasnt sure I could apply all the game rules. Having a training room for new players and guests would be a great improvement for everybody because GDG will have a friendly environment for the new ones willing to learn and avoid some of those rude comments Mamavan was refereing to. I think those comments mainly have their origin in 2 situations: 1) players who start to play without reading the game instructions; 2) players who know how to play but appear as guests so they can play rude (I have no idea why they do so, but sadly it happens to frequent). This situations are quite frustrating for an experienced teammate.

I really enjoy playing with a new player that has read the rules and is willing to learn so it would be a pleasure to team in that room.
Another sugestión I have for GDG, in the same direction: MPD has a first screen that says “MPD, are you a team player?” Cant you put in that first screen a short message: “As this is a team game, please read the game rules before joining the game”
I hope this is usefull and happy teaming day!!
millerfurl67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

. It doesn't matter to me if someone is slow as long as they are trying. It is those folks who get angry because they are struggling that need help here in order to make the game more fun for them as well as us veteran players. There is a difference between lousy gameplay and inexperience. Lousy gameplay in my opinion is somepone who refuses to follow the rules and purposely messes with players in the game veteran or novice. Being inexperienced doesn't make you lousy.

Last edited by millerfurl67 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jindog has a chip on his shoulders.I think you misunderstood
(or took out of context)what he said.I think he really meant that it would be a shame if you were to leave GDGs because you were playing someone new to the game.
I could be totally wrong,of course,but I don't think that's the case.

HERE'S WISHING YOU HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation
WHATEVER AND WHOEVER YOU ARE PLAYING Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: