Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Another Suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Another Suggestion Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it is possible, but does the forum software support "User Icons"?

The reason I ask is to see if our GDMe's can be added next to our user profile on this forum, similar to what they are when we post in the chat area under the games, and in the 5-review area above the games.

Also, again, if it is possible, can we have our "ratings icon" posted after our user names. This might help us determine 'newbies' who come to the forums for help versus 'experienced' game players. Newbies tend to need a bit more help for simple things, while experienced players may need more 'technical' help. If a newbie comes to the forum for help, and we know they are new, then its easier to determine the level of hand-holding they may need maneuvering through various areas.

I'm sure I'll think of other suggestions, but that is it for now.

Any chance any of these things are possible with the current phpBB software? And if not, could they be included in the upgrade?
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...

here is an example of what I am talking about....

I've edited what my user name looks like next to my post, and added the icon's I am asking for.

krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of a few other things that could be useful on the forums.

The "CENTER" bbcode, which is [center] [/center] There are times when the center code would really help out.

Custom signature areas, which would be of great use for you, Brian, where you could put your contact email, etc on each of your replies, without having to type it out every time.

We need a wider variety of emoticons (smilies). Any chance we can expand the emoticon list and add a few more niftier ones?

and...

any chance we can shrink down the game sub-forums for games that are no longer available? There are tons of sub-forums, and scrolling down to find the one you are looking for is quite tiresome.
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks as always, I'll be looking into these improvements and testing functionality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: