Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

loosing my hair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LITTLE GRANNY0002

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: loosing my hair Reply with quote

guess im going to be bald headed before long its kind of depressing but everyonesays it will grow back
rouge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you, Little Granny, I was wondering only the other day how you are! Yes your hair will grow back. Get some fabulous funky scarves to wear in the meantime. All the best to you!
LITTLE GRANNY0002

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

good idea i will
tyedyeto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you could look into 'Locks of Love'. They make wigs for women and children who are undergoing treatments that cause hair loss. I donated 15 inches of hair 4 years ago to them because they do separate the hair and use it, if you have gray in it.

I'm not sure what the criteria is for getting a wig from them but it's worth looking into.

Also, I know of one local (Arizona) hairdresser who will save hair from the salon if it's longer than 6 inches and then makes wigs herself for local women who need them. Many in my retirement community are living on very limited fixed incomes so she helps a couple of ladies every year with her wig making ability. Another idea to look into.

As for the disease, keep your chin up. I know it's hard to do sometimes but remember...laughter is the best medicine and can have healing properties. I know quite a few women who have gone through breast cancer of varying stages and, by far, many are still with us years later even those who have had the chemo, radiation and even mastectomies.
LITTLE GRANNY0002

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

i wil keep my spirits up i have a wig but arent wearing it yet im going to be ok
krazykop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

tyedyeto wrote:
Also, you could look into 'Locks of Love'. They make wigs for women and children who are undergoing treatments that cause hair loss. I donated 15 inches of hair 4 years ago to them because they do separate the hair and use it, if you have gray in it.

I'm not sure what the criteria is for getting a wig from them but it's worth looking into.

Locks of Love was created for children with cancer and other disabilities that cause hair loss from medical treatments. You have to be UNDER the age of 18 to even qualify for a hair piece from them. It is NOT FOR WOMEN...or men. Its for children.

I'm glad to hear that you donated to Locks of Love. But I'm not sure if they told you, but they DO NOT separate hair that has gray in it. They sell it to wig making companies to offset the cost of creating hairpieces for children.

I applaud anyone who makes a charitable contribution to any children's charity. And even though chances are your donated hair is not being worn by a child, your donation was converted to cash that helps support such a wonderful cause.

I support all children's charities...but I do not support your request for LITTLE GRANNY0002 to try to get a hairpiece from Locks of Love because she is clearly not a child under the age of 18...the whole purpose behind the cause.
Sassarina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the scarf idea would be best for you Minnie.
I mean, try the wig, but wigs can be hot to wear.
I never lost all of my hair when I did chemo,
but it did get thin. I wore scarves, or a
baseball cap. There are all different things
you could try. You could get a hat, with a big
floppy brim even, and that would also help to
shade you from the sun. I hope they told
you not to go out in the sun for long periods
of time, as it can burn you really bad.
Just remember to cover up when going outside, okay?
Wishing you well sweetie.
(((HUGS)))
LITTLE GRANNY0002

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: hi sassie Reply with quote

how are you doing hope youre feeling like a spring chicken by now im doing ok still sore and the medicine im on is making my cataracs worse going to call my doctor about that but i have to take it its an antie estregon drug thats what shwed up positive on my test
Sassarina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I am doing okay Minnie.
You just do what the doctors tell you to do,
and you should be fine sweetie.
Hope you are feeling well.
(((HUGS)))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: