Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

General Question: (Not game related.)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jindog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: General Question: (Not game related.) Reply with quote

Here is a question I am tossing out there to the forumites and forumettes of the GDG universe. I hope some of you will take the time to answer it. I mean this very seriously what I am about to ask of you.

I guess it is the upcoming 10 year anniversary of 9/11 that got me to thinking about it. Or maybe it was that viewing again recently of the Quentin Tarantino movie 'Kill Bill', where Bill has been given the five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique and needs only take five steps before he dies, that made me wonder.
Maybe I will compile all the responses I get (and hopefully I do get some) in some future story or another form.
So here is the question:

If you were approached by someone who said they were from the absolute universe, possibly a guardian angel for some of you religious folks, and this someone said to you, I am here to prepare you. You have one minute to live, or five steps you can take before your life ends and you DIE,
what would you do in that amount of time or with those five steps?

**Just remember in your reply, you only have a very short amount of time left.
Thanks
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had one minute, I'd write a quick note to my loved ones to let them know how much they meant to me and to wrap up any loose ends.

If I had five steps, I'd use a wheelchair for the rest of my life and escape death on a technicality.
Jindog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one Brian.

I was thinking of ordering a coffee drink I never get when I go to my coffeehouse, a triple shot, iced Breve with whipped cream on top and chocolate drizzle. Then I found out it takes longer than a minute to make, so I would never get to taste how it feels.

OK people, how about some more thoughts.
mistermary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take that 1 minute to remember all of those who have ever loved or hated me and thank my parents for bringing me into this world! Great question jindog!
krazykop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: General Question: (Not game related.) Reply with quote

Jindog wrote:

If you were approached by someone who said they were from the absolute universe, possibly a guardian angel for some of you religious folks, and this someone said to you, I am here to prepare you. You have one minute to live, or five steps you can take before your life ends and you DIE,
what would you do in that amount of time or with those five steps?

**Just remember in your reply, you only have a very short amount of time left.

Since I'm getting old, it takes me a little bit longer to do much of anything, so if I only had ONE MINUTE to live, I would spend the majority of that minute bending over so that I could kiss my butt goodbye. Smile

.....but seriously...

I would spend my last minute contacting my son to say my goodbyes to him, and to tell him I loved him and that I would always be with him, if even only in spirit.

If I was limited to 5 steps, then those 5 steps would be to also contact those closest to me to tell them the same. But of course, my child would definitely be the first step on ANY list.
LuBoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SITTING STILL IN MY COMPUTER CHAIR, WITHOUT HAVING TO STEP, I WOULD TAKE ALL THE TIME I NEEDED TO SAY GOOD BYE TO MY FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS, EITHER BY PHONE CALLS OR E-MAIL.

I WOULD THEN TURN TO MY DESK AND MAKE SURE THAT ALL MY PAPERS WERE NEATLY INTACT. (WILL, FINANCIAL INFO, INSURANCE POLICIES.)

SO MY FIRST 2 STEPS WOULD BE TO MY BOOKCASE, WHERE I WOULD GET ONE OF MY MANY BOOKS THAT TALKS ABOUT THE AFTER LIFE. THEN THE NEXT STEPS WOULD BE BACK TO MY CHAIR.

I WOULD THEN SIT, READ, PRAY AND MEDITATE ON MY GOING HOME. THEN I WOULD STAND UP AND TAKE THAT FINAL STEP TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
JIN- HAD TO THINK ABOUT THIS ONE FOR A WHILE BUT FOUND IT VERY INTERESTING. - YOU KNOW I COULD HAVE USED BRIAN'S TECHNICALITY AND JUST HEADED FOR THE GREAT NORTHWEST TO RUN OVER SOMEONE!
BUT I CHOSE TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD, AND IN ALL SERIOUSNESS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE ANSWERS OF OTHERS.

LUBOO
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by elcelcpa on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jindog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank those of you who have replied so far to my question. I hope everyone learned one thing from their answers-----tell those around you today how much they mean to you, tomorrow may not be the time to say it because it may not come.

But my question wasn't so much directed at dying, but rather at living. I was asked recently about an upcoming trip I am planning and someone asked me why I was not just going somewhere to hang out, like sit on the beach or something like that, instead of rushing to get to the next site or place. And I replied, why would I want to do what I already do, sit around, but instead do it somewhere else. I want to do what I don't do, explore new things, see new things, generally being active, which is something I don't do, at least not as often as I should.

My family already knows I love them so I don't have to tell them that again in my last minute. But maybe all the people I don't know that I encounter everyday could use a word of care before I expire. And that would be something I don't do. "Hey you in the corner on the laptop, just wanted to let you know in the last minute of my life I love you too."
Wow what a thought. Maybe I will start doing it tomorrow.

LUBOO, when you say you are taking the high road, does that mean you are taking a running start with the aid of gravity to run me over again with.... 'The Chair'?
MellieMae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask what those five steps are exactly and then would do one every ten years for the next 50 years Wink And during that time I'd write a book: "Five Steps to Living a Longer Life" to help others do the same Very Happy
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY GOOD ANSWERS Exclamation Exclamation
AND AS USUAL I'M STUMPED Exclamation Exclamation
IT WOULD TAKE ME MUCH LONGER THAN A MINUTE TO TEXT ALL THAT ELCEE DID...BRIAN'S ANSWER SOUNDS GOOD...LIKE IT WAS A TRICK QUESTION Smile Smile AND HE GOT IT RIGHT.
BUT SAYING GOODBYES TO LOVED ONES AND CONTEMPLATING THE HEREAFTER AND MAKING SURE EVERYTHING IS IN ORDER ARE GREAT ANSWERS TOO Exclamation Exclamation
SO I'M GONNA LEAVE MY REPLY LIKE THIS...JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW HOW GOOD I THINK THEIR ANSWERS ARE Exclamation Exclamation Smile Smile
HAVE A GOOD WEEK END AND STAY SAFE.
HAPPY GAMING TO ONE AND ALL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: