Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

GDG COOLING STATION...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: GDG COOLING STATION... Reply with quote

AS HOT AS IT HAS BEEN FOR MANY OF US...I FEEL WE NEED A COOLING STATION...IN THE HOPES THAT JUST READING THESE WILL HELP US COOL OFF A BIT. Laughing

Pay for a car wash, and then walk through it.

- Watch for when the nearest government building runs their sprinkler system, and then frolick in the spray in your swimsuit.

- Play hide-n-go-seek in the freezers at the big box stores.

- Stop by your fave ice cream parlor and ask how much ice cream it would take to fill a standard size bathtub. If you can afford that much, buy it and head home to your tub. If not, ask to try some Chocolate Cake Batter Ice Cream. You won’t be disappointed.

- Go to a town council meeting and take a hostage. You’ll get at least one hour of air conditioning, and the jail probably has air too. Which is good, because you’ll be spending a lot of time there.

- Pay your children to fan you with newspapers or pine tree limbs. If you can’t afford that, just order them to do it. You know, ’cause you’re the boss.

- Figure out how the opposite side of the pillow always stays cool, and then apply that principle of physics to your clothes. Remember to patent the procedure.

- Empty out your refrigerator and squeeze yourself inside. Beware the butter tray – it bites.

- Take a tip from the neighborhood stray and find a nice, cool pickup truck on cement blocks. Then, take a nap under it. Be sure to settle under the oil pan so some drippings can get on your back.

- Go see a movie at the dollar theater. Before the movie starts, find a nice quiet spot to lay down. Sleep there until they kick you out or someone drops JuJuBees in your mouth.

- Hop a tramp steamer to Antartica. That is, if they still have tramp steamers.

- Cut off your cell phone, home phone, internet, cable, water, gas, car insurance, and home insurance and put the savings into a money market account. Then, set the thermostat for 61 degrees. With all of the money you tucked away, you should be able to pay the power company for at least 45 good minutes of nice cool temps in your house.

Using SPF 5000 sunblock lotion, write "I Floss" on your forehead. Lay out in the sun for one hour, and then go walk through the mall with a big smile.

Buy a five-gallon bucket of ice cream. Scoop out a big hole in the middle, turn the bucket upside-down, and put it on your head, using the handle as a chin strap. As the ice cream melts, walk around saying, "I'm cool."

Cut a watermelon in half. Plunge your bare feet into each half. Wear the melon slippers the rest of the day.

Stand in a bucket on a really humid day. Collect your sweat. Pour it over a houseplant, and see what happens.

And my grandmother's favorite...place your skivvies or unmentionables in the deep freeze overnight...by morning they will be nice and chilly to keep you cool all under. LOL!!!! Laughing Laughing

~~STAY COOOOOL Laughing
Stubs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO PETUNIA!!

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!! EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT WE HAVE A DRY HEAT. THE KIND THAT DRIES OUT YER SKIN, AND EVEN THE MOISTURE IN YER EYEBALLS!!! I THINK I HAVE TRIED ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS AT LEAST ONCE, SINCE MOVING TO ARIZONA.
ONLY YOU FORGOT ONE AND THAT IS TO PUT AN ICE CUBE UNDER EACH OF YER ARMPITS!! IT MAY CHASE A FEW PEOPLE AWAY AT WAL*MART, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ASK ONE OF THE EMPLOYEES "WHERE'S THE DEODORANT?" BUT BE CAREFUL DRIVING WHILE ICING!!!

STAY COOL, STUBS
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tomorrow's high will be around 65 F and sunny. A virtual heat wave for us this year. That is possibly 35 F cooler than some of you will see tomorrow and possibly even more elsewhere. Oh well we will see springtime eventually here in the NW.
polly26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Petunia,

You are so clever! I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Thank you for sharing..........Hugs.
LoschGF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me LOL'd nice tho i like it Smile
taokeema

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petunia, that made me laugh more than posts on the jokes forum. Thanks for sharing! tao
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: GDG COOLING STATION... Reply with quote

WELL, TAO...SO GOOD 2 SEE U HERE AGAIN... Very Happy

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT YOU AND OTHERS ENJOYED THIS THREAD...THAT WAS THE INTENTION...

AND I HOPE IT HELPED COOL OFF THOSE IN STATES (MINE INCLUDED~INDIANA) HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY ABNORMALLY HIGH TEMPS FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR.

EVERYONE TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT.

P. PICKLEBOTTOMS
taokeema

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom just told me the temps in Michigan dropped from 99 to 56 overnight. I think this post was singularly responsible. Razz
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: GDG COOLING STATION... Reply with quote

TAO,

I HEAR YA...AT THIS VERY MOMENT, HERE IN NE INDIANA...WE ARE NOW 30 DEGREES COOLER THAN WE WERE ON WEDNESDAY. YAY!!! Very Happy

NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT...BUT IT WAS FUN. LOL!!

I'M SURE WITH SUMMER LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY...WE'LL BE VISITING THIS THREAD AGAIN...LOL!!!
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was grateful that the air conditioning repair service was able to advance me one week ahead (because I was at home when they called at an unexpected opening)

AAAHHH blessed relief.

I need to get some new cool toys so that I can do this myself next time.
eeln

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petunia77, Thank you!!! I love it.
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: GDG COOLING STATION... Reply with quote

U R SO WELCOME, EELN Laughing
GOOD 2 SEE U IN THE FORUM...HOPE WE SEE U HERE OFTEN... Very Happy
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: GDG COOLING STATION... Reply with quote

STAY COOL!!! Laughing
sunshine327

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: thats me....... Reply with quote

yes yes...my wet hair flying... sitting by the fan .. have a happy summer
..love your pictures...
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: GDG COOLING STATION... Reply with quote

THANK YOU, SUNSHINE327...FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN "COOL" PIX. Very Happy

WE HAVE BEEN IN A BIT OF A COOL SPELL THESE PAST FEW DAYS IN INDIANA. IT HAS BEEN A NICE RELIEF FOR SURE.
HOPE EVERYONE IS STAYING COOL AND COMFY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: