Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Some game glitches I've experienced

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyedyeto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Some game glitches I've experienced Reply with quote

Game freezing :
Usually when a new level is beginning. How long do you wait before you quit? In the small chat stuff there's no "Quit?" option.
2nd issue for freezing is during an automatic reshuffle. You will lose seconds off the game time during this type of freeze. Why should the players be penalized for a game glitch?

Waiting for teammate:
I've seen a lot of players say in the five word reviews they don't get a teammate quickly. Count the tiles banging together. For every 20, that is one minute. I will wait 1-2 minutes and if the game doesn't begin, I will close the game screen and hit the play button again. I've only had to do that a couple of times, then the game usually finds a player. I think the game can freeze on the 'waiting for player' screen just like it's doing during games.

Not a glitch:
How do you awesome players click on the tiles so fast? What are your mouse settings on your computers? Would that make a difference?

Thanks for some great games teammates!!!

Tye
taokeema

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tye,

I'd really like to know how the top players react so fast, too. Is it practice, or some kind of native ability?

I don't think the need to reshuffle is a game glitch, I think you can either be dealt an unsolvable tile set, or you can end up needing to reshuffle because of a lack of strategy. (Depending on how carefully a Mahjongg game is played, you can avoid any need to reshuffle; that subtlety is lost in the rapid pace rewarded by the scoring of GDG Mahjongg games. )I don't think it's unreasonable to loose a few seconds to reshuffle an unsolveable tileset--having a reshuffle button at all is more than other Mahjongg games offer. I wouldn't be very happy if more than a few seconds were lost during reshuffle, but I haven't seen that happen yet. What has been your experience?

I have tried to use the time when the game freezes between levels to map out moves, but I haven't been very successful. I'm usually just rapidly clicking between the tiles in first match I've identified waiting for it to take. I've never seen the freeze last longer than 15 seconds. I don't think I'd be up for a wait much longer than that.

Parallel Majhongg is one of my favorite games at GDG. Thanks to everyone who plays!

tao
tyedyeto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played a number of games where the reshuffle is automatic because of no valid plays and have lost 10-20 seconds because of a 'freeze' during the reshuffle. The players are not hitting the reshuffle button in the game, it's an auto one since there are no matches to be made. Usually when there are only 4-8 tiles left to clear the level. Not just a few seconds. 20 seconds off the time right before the 5th level can make or break clearing that last level when you can earn the most treats.

Just something I've noticed.

Tye
trubka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: trubka Reply with quote

and through that, that the has every in demand programs,cannot addwill
help?
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tyedyeto. Nice to see you on the forum pages again. A long time no read(SEE) you.

As with any game that includes other players, the time spent finding a player to play is in direct relation to who is on-line playing that game at that particular time. It has nothing to do with the computer or GDG.

Jindog
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mahjongg Parallel Dimensions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: