Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112, 113, 114  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamavan you are lucky your husband mans the grill. Mine puts it on and then 2 hours later looks shocked and says "I thought you were taking care of it!" Cool

I am using my indoor grill unit for my stove (JennAire) which gives a perfect crusty exterior and a gorgeous red rare center.

Tonight was fresh grilled corn on the cob with some of that grass fed butter, grilled steak, corn muffins and an organic artisan baby lettuce salad (from the window box). And a nice Malbec from Argentina for the adults and that exquisite chocolate milk for the kids.

Wasted - they were too busy watching the Caps vs. Montreal. Though I heard sighs of appreciation. Wink
lunasea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veggie pizza- ~appetizer~.. crescent roll dough rolled out flat in a square, bake that, let cool.. then top with once mixed (dry ranch dressing, light sour cream and light cream cheese) then any veggies you want (I fine chop them) pretty much anything you deem-skys the limit on this one ( add, omit , add, omit).. It is so good Razz best serve chilled
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UMM LunaSea

Will have to try that with the kids and see if veggies actually get inside of them.
mamavan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunasea- Lovin the sound of the veggie pizza- The sour cream and cream cheese quantities please ?? My daughter and I would be loving that Smile

Frisco Girl - My BBQ experience is somewhat similar to yours with laundry- only worse. I used to grill- but on my last effort cooking ribs - I came in to prepare the side dishes - looked outside and my yard was filled with thick black smoke. My neighbors came outside , offering assistance thinking my garage was on fire Shocked When my husband comes home, I apologize for the ruined dinner.... But the little stinker grabs a now Cremated "Rib" and hermetically seals it in a baggie without my knowing. He made sure that little disgusting shriveled rib came back to haunt me down the road - a constant reminder of my last attempt to grill!
I handle inside cooking from now on - He's grillmaster Very Happy
OKANOG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never met a man that can barbecue a thing right - raw inside and burnt on the outside from ribs to a hamburger pattie! Nothing worse than a raw hamburger pattie ewww! Burp,belch, blah! When you think of it 90% of the work for having a barbecue dinner is not done by a man, nor is the clean up. Anyway just my 2 cents worth of bitchin'!

I had tonight a 1/2 of a twiced baked potato, cole slaw and a grilled t- bone steak.
taokeema

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should hang onto my man, then. He's the grill and roast master at our house. His nickname is "Mr. Meat!"
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad was great with a charcoal Hibatchi. He was a great teacher and I miss him dearly. I can do it - just too much time during the week. The old stove grill unit (20 years - but going strong and better than what I see on the market now) does the perfect job - even when Hubby or the kids are cooking - except grilled chicken - need to start in the oven first.
OKANOG

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left-over Fritatta with a salad.
lunasea

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunasea- Lovin the sound of the veggie pizza- The sour cream and cream cheese quantities please ?? My daughter and I would be loving that

Just saw this hun, sorry.. Im trying to catch up tonight.. well if you make two pizzas .. then a reg. size of both(container and bar) with one packet of the dry ranch dressing seasoning ... If making one.. just half it all or buy the smaller sour cream and smaller c.c.. and do taste as you add the dry ranch in .. u might want it a bit weaker or stronger in taste..let me know hun! its sooo good.. im beginning to drool here (wheres that bib )
Fairygirl

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: WHATS FOR DINNER Reply with quote

HOMEMADE LASAGNEA WITH HOMEMADE MEATBALLS AND ITALIAN SAUSAGES IN MARINARA SAUCE ON THE SIDE. OOOWEEEE NOW THATS GONNA TASTE SO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!
lunasea

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairy~~ oooo you teaseeee you Very Happy I will bring the garlic bread with Ceaser salad and home made ceaser dressing! Im on it!
Fairygirl

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunasea------dinner was fabulousooo. I out did myself on the meatballs and italian sausage. My sauce was to die for. Wish I was able to send you some over cyberspace--it would make your tummy smile:)
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHH FairyGirl that sounded so fantastic!!!

Because of son training for Philmont (got up at 3 am to drive 1 1/2 hours to drop him off to climb mountains for 5 hours and then return home) and doing Venture Scouts, we fit in a dinner of grilled steak, Cauliflower Polanaise, broccoli, and buttered egg noodles.
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FairyGirl That lasagna dinner sounded so good I went to the store and bought a frozen one w/ Italian sausage because I haven't had lasagna in so long. Just didn't have the time to do from scratch. Still I'll have quenched my sudden desire and had dinner too.
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was chicken fajitas from scratch - homemade tortillas, chicken/onion/mixed peppers with seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, extra sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream and black olives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112, 113, 114  Next
Page 4 of 114

Jump to: