Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 115, 116, 117  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKANOG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I am making a potato salad with a grilled rib eye steak and some frozen beans from last years garden, my last bag of them. Almost past due date eggs, so best to cook them up for the potato salad.

Still got frozen zuchinni from last year, think I'll bake a couple zucchini nut loaves, today. We are only planting one zucchini plant this year.
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okanog, did you get a chance to view the post 'For sub_Lime? Give it a look-see at that potential bread maker photo in it. LOL
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the kids make dinner.

Did not eat.

Was not sure what it was.

Glass of wine was nice.
taokeema

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okanog wrote:
At SaveOnFoods - the California strawberries are usually packed in open baskets, so you can turn it over to check the ripeness. Alot were white shoulder but settled for a basket of 2 white shoulders and figured so I toss two.

Okanog, the quality you're getting is equivalent to our small local brands. Glad you're getting the best available right now. When the season heats up, white shoulders are really rare in the better brands, but you always have to be wary of Dole and their ilk. Just the strawberries, that is. I've never had an unsatisfactory Dole pineapple.

Last edited by taokeema on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
OKANOG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I am having left-over potato salad and a seared lightly breaded turkey cutlet. I made too much potato salad as usual.
joyetta44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a big lunch, so I'm having turkey,lettuce,tomatoe on Deli Bread and iced tea.
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was hamburgers from free range grass fed cattle in our state (wonderful - we were testing out a new milk delivery service and they also offered this), green beans, stuffing, mac&cheese, zucchini/tomato/onion/cheese side dish, and the delectable chocolate milk from that dairy from grass fed cows - reminded me of Parisian hot chocolate from the Rue Saint Honore - the best in the world!
taokeema

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my, FG, do you offer take out? Yum!
OKANOG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pasture, organic grass raised cattle, chicken free run definitely can tell the difference in the color of the fat, of free run chicken. Hen layers that are free run sure can tell the difference in the color of eggs yolks and the shape of the raw egg. Taste difference, yes I notice a differnce. Health wise, I think the extra cost, is worth it, as it will be more economical in the long run to ones health I believe. Same thing for organic veggies and fruit. Though compromise with fruit during the winter.
joyetta44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriscoGirl, my complement the chef.
Tonite I am having
Meatloaf
Smashed potatoes
green beans
garden salad
Jello
Sweet Tea
Smile
taokeema

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the taste of eggs from _truly_ free-range chickens, out of this world! When my hubby and I retire, we are going to raise a few of our own.
OKANOG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my grandaughter since yesterday morning. She was a hard to get to sleep last night, finely I gave in and took her to bed with me, which I should have done in the first place! Then she awakes a 5am. By 8:30 found nursery music on utube. Pheww, gave her a bottle and she fell asleep, so grabbing a few minutes on line.

My daughter & hubby are to be here, around 5pm. I got news for them, either call for an order of fish and chips are order a pizza! Secretly hoping they choose fish and chips............as have been craving some.
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out to a Black Tie event - the annual Gala for my daughters' school and its brother school (the school is girls only - brother school has the boys - learning 2 foreign languages - heavy math, science, liberal arts - oldest read Dante's Inferno and Purgatory this year - and only 5 girls in her grade this year - half the class had to move for family reasons - Rome, Texas, California, etc - one was even stuck in Haiti for a month because she was there with her mom on a mission trip for their church when the earthquake struck - had to hitch a ride on a C-130).

Dinner was
Salad of baby mixed lettuces and grape tomatoes with a creamy dressing of some sort (tasty - just not sure what it was)
Salmon and chicken breast on a bed of mixed rices with asparagus and a melange of steamed vegetables cut matchstick sized
Dessert was either a white chocolate cake or a dark chocolate cake - had both since hubby had to leave early
Nice red and white wines too!
OKANOG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight making a shrimp casserole, with tossed mixed greens in dried tomato/garlic, balsamic dressing.
mamavan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum!
Grilled lobster tails, baked potatoes (my garden chives are ready!) , and garlic bread!
Love when hubby's home to man the grill Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 3 of 117

Jump to: