Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 115, 116, 117  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joyetta44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grill chicken and a caesar salad. This is my twice a week meal. and sweet tea. Very Happy Wink
OKANOG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyetta44 ~ Sounds yummy even if you have twice a week!

Tonight, I have my granddaughter for a sleep over. Going to have left over rotisserie chicken and a ceasar salad, so can get dinner over with quickly before the little munchkin arrives.
joyetta44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OKANOG, I had my granddaughter over last night, She likes George Forman's grilled fish. I love that grill. No added fat. Whoo Hoo Wink
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had grilled flank steak, fresh asparagus, naan (one of those "culinary words" used on that other thread) with avocado spread.
OKANOG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I loved having my grandaughter for a sleep over, I was exhausted. Daughter and hubby picked up baby by 3 staturday afternoon.
They stayed for a coffee and bite to eat. After they left, I vegged out watching a movie but can't even remember what it was. Fell asleep thru it and awoke at 3 am! Missed dinner completely.
sherbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish finger sandwiches, banana and custard and red wine. (seriously, we are foraging to clean out the freezer) Confused
OKANOG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To night I going to make a sockeye salmon filet poached in a creamy dill sauce, herbed rice and ceasar salad.
OKANOG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To night I going to make a sockeye salmon filet poached in a creamy dill sauce, herbed rice and ceasar salad.
mamavan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight, it's baby back ribs and baked potatoes off the grill, and a salad - hopefully with bleu cheese dressing- my favorite Smile

Okanog- I'm loving all your caesar salads with dinner---and I love salmon!! Makes my mouth water!

Sherbert- What's a fish finger sandwich?- sounds yummy!
sherbert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamavan, I think you call them fish sticks and it`s real kids food
taokeema

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ham salad sandwich, and chocolate dipped strawberries.

My DH is on travel, so I am eating simply this week. Our market bought too many hams for Easter, so I got one last week at a great price, and roasted it a few days ago. DH found a recipe for ham salad in Cook's Country, and I made it to use up all the little scraps. I think some of the meat that I sliced for dinners are going to be sacrificed to that recipe, too, it's yummy.

The markets started offering locally grown California strawberries on special last week. We have gone through four clamshells already.

Happy Spring!

tao
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was porterhouse (me) and New York strip steaks (everyone else), roasted potatoes with tons of garlic and seasonings, green beans, salad with fresh picked artisan lettuces from my window box (just getting big enough), hothouse tomatoes and english cucumbers. Ice cream selection for desert.
All on the good china because we have not eaten as a family for a few days.
OKANOG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I am making shake n' bake chicken legs, baked potato and baby spinach with strawberry salad tossed with toasted pecans & with drizzled with a strawberry Vinaigrette. Yep, using California strawberries, local strawberries not ready till June.
taokeema

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okanog, I hope you are getting some decent strawberries from sunny CA. I was disappointed my last trip to the market. The berries were "Dole" brand instead of the local brand I'd already enjoyed 4 pounds of. The Dole berries were huge, seedy, and white-shouldered, but very carefully packed upside down so you couldn't easily see you were getting under-ripe fruit. I made sure to register my preference for the local brand with the produce manager.

Needless to say, for dinner tonight I had grapefruit instead of chocolate-dipped strawberries with my ham salad. I thank Texas for coming through for me tonight. Smile
OKANOG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

taokeema wrote:
Okanog, I hope you are getting some decent strawberries from sunny CA. I was disappointed my last trip to the market. The berries were "Dole" brand instead of the local brand I'd already enjoyed 4 pounds of. The Dole berries were huge, seedy, and white-shouldered, but very carefully packed upside down so you couldn't easily see you were getting under-ripe fruit. I made sure to register my preference for the local brand with the produce manager.
Needless to say, for dinner tonight I had grapefruit instead of chocolate-dipped strawberries with my ham salad. I thank Texas for coming through for me tonight. Smile

taokeema ~ At SaveOnFoods - the California strawberries are usually packed in open baskets, so you can turn it over to check the ripeness. Alot were white shoulder but settled for a basket of 2 white shoulders and figured so I toss two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 2 of 117

Jump to: