Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

secret to high scores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lkdubb

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: secret to high scores Reply with quote

I cannot understand how it is possible, in the time allotted, to score over 11,000 points..........the best I have ever done is 10,575.
Could someone please share their secrets with me?

The only thing I can figure out is that people have found a way to pause the game....then they plot out the next few moves.....and then pause again......seems like cheating to me.

HELP !!!!!!
kaipuka

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "secret" is that different tiles have different values. The number of points you get is calculated by taking the value of the tile multiplied by the number of moves left. So, since the flowers have a higher value than, say, the tiles with rounds on them, it makes sense to take the flowers off first. In the bottom left corner of the game board, you can see the value of the points - scroll over the tiles and you'll see how they differ. I generally take off flowers, birds, then the green stick tiles, then the tiles with the circles, then lastly the ones with the characters on them. Hope this helps! I got this advice from Infira initially and it has helped my scores increase immensely!
lkdubb

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: secret to high scores Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll give your suggestions a try.
needsomelove

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you play the games can you all see the pics on the tiles
because i can not see them and if you can see the pic please tell me how i can see them too
thank you
needsomelove
newval

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

needsomelove wrote:
when you play the games can you all see the pics on the tiles
because i can not see them and if you can see the pic please tell me how i can see them too
thank you
needsomelove

I can see most of the tiles but its true, some aren't viewable.. but it's actually part of the game. you have to figure out what the tile could be when, sometimes, you can only see a little bit.
needsomelove

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU Reply with quote

BUT I CAN NOT SEE ANY PICS ON ANY TILES
WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME
newval

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU Reply with quote

needsomelove wrote:
BUT I CAN NOT SEE ANY PICS ON ANY TILES
WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME

Our guess here at Great Day Games is that you need to upgrade the Flash player software in your computer. Please visit this link at Adobe's website.. should be a quick download. Then restart your browser (if not, your machine). Try your mj garden again.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW

Let us know if it works or not. We'll get it to work at some point!
sock it to me

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a secret but my highest score in this has been 12,454 Very Happy . There is no secret you just do it. haha
lauralafing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Get in the Zen Groove Reply with quote

I don't know if there is a way to cheat and I don't want to know. My highest score to date is almost 15,000 and I am just quick with my mouse and have good eye/hand coordination. I get into a rythm and it flows... kind of a Zen thing. I find I improve a little every week. I can't wait to break 15,000 and then I figure on to 16,000.

Best of luck to all of you.

L
beachbabe49

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS! I knew they had different values, but didn't realize taking off the higher ones first would really matter -- very frustrating to clear both boards and still not be at a high score! so thanks! I will try your method and hopefully you will see my name on the leaderboard! lol

PS - If anyone here plays Mom Mahjong, have you figured out which ones are the "kids"? I can only assume this technique will better my score there as well, but I haven't figured out which ones are "Kids". The point order goes from: kids, dragons, wind, bamboos, circles and then characters.... Thanks again - can't wait to have some time to put this strategy to work!
Raisty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The points go seasons -> flowers -> directions -> bamboo -> circles -> numbers (the ones with symbols on them are chinese japanese numbers)

Also, when you start a game you can switch it to a top down view. You can see everything at once but you won't get the same depth as you will with a side view. It is a trade off so take which works better for you.

You need to look at the board and think about which ones you should go after next. Not just with value but what opens up the most moves for you in the future. It is bad to have a stack of 4 that you didn't get around to lowering and one of the hidden pieces that you can't get to is a season. If you play it enough it will come naturally but its another thing you just "get" after a while.

Then you need some luck. I can score in the 14,000s all the time. But I need some luck to get the pieces accessible quickly enough to score in the 15,500 range. There really are no tricks just luck and skill.

good luck We need some more people challenging the high scores. Get on it! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mahjongg Garden All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: