Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Iowa: It's like Arizona with Chickens - and Squirrels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marvinmartian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Iowa: It's like Arizona with Chickens - and Squirrels Reply with quote

Quote:
Mystery surrounds Iowa driver carrying undocumented chickens (squirrels, too)
March 25, 2010 · Dan Brawner

Last Friday, an Iowa State Patrol trooper stopped a driver in Iowa City for a "routine" traffic incident, only to discover seven chickens in cages in the back seat and an unspecified number of squirrels. I know what you're thinking - how could this be considered a routine traffic stop? Did the officer pull the driver over for making an illegal left turn and only after further investigation, discover that the vehicle was Old McDonald's Farm on wheels?

To make matters worse, it turns out the chickens had no documentation and had to be confiscated and quarantined. Let this be a warning to everyone out there who may be harboring undocumented chickens. And don't think you can get off easy by saying, "I thought the chickens had papers when they came to work for me. Anyway, how am I supposed to know? They all look alike." The police report did not say if the undocumented chickens would be given amnesty. And nobody's even talking about the squirrels.

The police report also did not address the question that must be on the mind of every concerned citizen of Iowa City - is the chicken smuggler a member of the infamous "BC" gang? This, of course, stands for "Backyard Chickens," an influential national organization that has been petitioning the Iowa City City Council to allow people to raise chickens within the city limits. As yet, the council has not made a ruling on the matter - some say they don't have the courage to stand up to the chicken outfit. No one ever took responsible for the incident, but late last September, in a move clearly intended to intimidate, somebody released 50 chickens near the home of a council member. Coincidence? I think not.

Did a routine traffic stop unwittingly lead to the capture of Iowa City's "chicken terrorist"? Was the feathered marauder about to strike again? (And what in the world was he planning to do with those squirrels?)

Many questions about the Iowa City chicken arrest remain. Was the driver transporting the illegal birds to some secret sanctuary? Or was he merely trying to supplement his income by raising chickens in his car? Were they young chicks, or a bunch of old hens? Were there any eggs along with the chickens? And if so - which came first? It kind of makes you think.

The police report did not say if the chicken driver was released on bail and if he was considered a flight risk. It would sure be embarrassing if they discovered he was the famous chicken terrorist - after he'd already flown the coop.
RonnieGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing that update that would help people to know about the circumstances. Please do share the quality and reliable updates on your blog which can help us to learn. Keep it up to share on https://www.analyzedu.com/writing-services-reviews/grabmyessay-com-review.html your impressive skills of writing.
user_742

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite interesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: