Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

GDG New Game Format-What do you think?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lnjr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: GDG New Game Format-What do you think? Reply with quote

Well, whoever is running this site, just my 2 cents but your new format is the worst change you have made to date.
It may be your new angle, but it is NOT improved.
So now a person has to log in using their facebook account? So I did and played 2 games. Yuck. It is not fun. I will NOT be playing using my facebook account, I can tell you that.
Awful, just awful. It did NOT give me treats or credit to my regular gdg account. I have been here for Years, but this is the worst change gdg has every made.

IT is only a matter of time and the old site will be no more. The new site will only be accessible through facebook. and gdg will track your every move, not just the other places you go online either. GDG is going to track you personally through facebook. that is a scary thought, isn't it?
All these years I've played here, but that will go by the wayside now. It was fun for a while anyway.

What do the rest of you think? Is anyone willing to stay and play only through their facebook account?
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes to playing only thru FB I won't be playing,
but so far you can play either way.

Last edited by ConnieLea on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
FriscoGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It leaves me out. No FB account here.
FlGator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new site is a piece of junk. No incentive to compete with other players or friends. I know the points are not worth anything but it's still fun to try and outdo friends and other players.
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for anyone who can only play these games through Facebook. I haven't had any trouble playing it from the GDG website. I have noticed that Arkadium games are available many other places. AARP lets you play these games for free (most of them anyway) and you don't have to watch dumb commercials before the game starts. That's a big plus. As for the new site, it is just an option so far. I don't borrow trouble from tomorrow when tomorrow isn't here yet. For now I'm still enjoying playing GDG Arkadium games and seeing how high I can get my score. For the past couple of weeks or so (I don't know how long actually) there has been no leaderboard under each game. It used to show what were the highest scores played lately. I wish they would bring that back. As someone else commented, the points don't mean anything any more but it's still fun to see how high I score relative to others.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Gloria, it's aggravating to have to go back to the lobby to see where you placed in score and treat ranking. I don't always click back to check, but if I think I'm close to a high score I do click 'BACK TO LOBBY'.
When the scores first disappeared from underneath the game page I wondered what had happened
and figured it would eventually show back up but so far they're still gone.
Maybe it will return to normal someday.
Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official word is that no one is monitoring this site. Maybe not in the way they used to but there are changes happening with some frequency so it isn't just left to wither away on its own. I suspect it's enough of a money-maker that they don't want to close it down. There are ads everywhere. But I realize no one can put up a game website without any income. Ads are the cost of playing here. The tactic I really dislike is when I'm just starting a game and an ad interrupts for 15 seconds. That's aggravating in timed games. But then I remind myself, it is ONLY a game. No point in getting aggravated at all. Cool
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Gems has an ad for a game site that comes up.
Sometimes it's just before you pick which board to play,
sometimes it's just as the game starts to load.
It's weird.
Raveneska

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like "they" (if there is still anyone monitoring the site) break it down piece by piece. Now, the quick tap is disappeared. I like to play a few games inbetween work, stil do, but wondering for how long it will bepossible. I have an adblocker _ best thing I ever installed... Wink
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quick tab had disappeared too, but it's there today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: