Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

commercials
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudbaby51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: commercials Reply with quote

Really...9 minute commercials? R you out of your minds? Last time I visit this site!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the ads run 9 minutes.
Even if one pops up that says it does
it will have a 'skip' on it somewhere.
Or ,at least, I have never seen one that runs that long.
DianneMac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Warthunder ads Reply with quote

For me, disgust is not too strong a word for the Warthunder ads. Some run for 30 seconds and there's no "Skip ad" or close page option for them. We're held captive!! Worst is that they're tremendously loud and violent. I do not want to see and hear all that - do they not know what's happening in Syria at present? I will watch the "kinder" ads some of which are only 10 seconds long and have the "Skip ad" or close page option so I don't have to watch them 40,0000 times! Have tried to express my opinion on the Warthunder website but can't find where to have my say. Will have another look. I have no respect at all for this company. Update - have written on their site on FaceBook. No idea if it'll make any difference but had to give it a go!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 seconds isn't really a long time for an ad.
If it gets loud or annoying I hit the mute button.
There's no one monitoring or upgrading GDG anymore.
Arkadium (game makers) has moved on to the mobile world, sad to say.
DianneMac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Hi Connie, 30 secs. sure is a long time when one has to sit through them over and over - and over again. Yes, could use the mute button except I like to listen to music or radio while playing so they get muted too. Really a great big pain for me at least.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ad plays over the music you're listening to hit mute until the ad is over then unmute your music. That way the two aren't trying to fight each other for volume control. I tend to keep my volume down to nearly nothing while I play so I very seldom hear the ads. But I do remember some of them being very annoying back in the day. Some seemed to get louder, like commercials do on the TV Smile when you're napping and watching a movie. I used to say it was to wake you so you could have a bathroom break Smile
LooneyToonz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Adsadsadsads Reply with quote

Click on the Treasure Chest to get some treats. After that, between games, click on the Treasure Chest to skip the ads! Once in a while a page with ads will come up, but you can just close that.

Hope you have a gr8 day!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes if I click the treasure chest between games it takes me back to the game, other times it throws me the big gray ' Exclamation ' and I have to go back to the game page.
LooneyToonz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Treasure Chest Reply with quote

Maybe it depends on what operating systems we're using. I don't know. Now I can't even use Mozilla Firefox to do messages anymore, but I can use Chrome. IE is better for Score now (recently) and I can only use it for Stunt Armadillos. I have a tough time keeping everything straight...lol!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I try to play on any other browser I have no progress showing on SA.
beej

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: game stop commercial Reply with quote

Apparently my opinion doesn't count. Twice I have posted re: Game Stop commercial which I find SICK, DISGUSTING, OFFENSIVE and any other such word that exists. Please get it off of my computer screen. Sometimes it plays after every game and I don't want to see it even once. Tried to e-mail Game Stop but they want all kinds of personal info to get into their comments section - which is also offfensive.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time I'm annoyed with ads too.
They have started to change repeatedly during the game play.
If I ever fly it won't be with AIR CANADA. I'm sick of seeing it.
If an ad is on the screen and doesn't change (as before)
it doesn't (or didn't) interfere with my game play.
However the changing ads stops the game until the new ad loads.
It's so bad today that my game won't even load.
jbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ads work great but the game will not load Mad Working on it since Monday & have tried everything.
After all of these years it looks like I am done since my game won't load.
It was nice to meet so many of you on here! Sad
Goodbye GDG. It has been fun.
JBean
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep trying, jbean, there are days (like today) that nothing loads
for me either. But tomorrow some of the games will load fine.
LooneyToonz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Ridiculous Reply with quote

This is ridiculous! I tried to play Eggz (the regular/regular version) today. The first time, the ad played...and then another played. The game didn't start when I clicked on it so I reset the page. Only one ad this time, but the game still didn't start when I clicked on it. I reset a third time, went through the ad, got to the part to click on the ad, and then it went back to the page where it showed me my treats from the previous game I'd played!!!

On other games, I've gotten a blue and white ghosted gdg logo, two ads in a row, or a nonworking page. Looks like somebody's been "working" on things around here. Typical quality gdg "work!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: