Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Reason for not playing lately

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyorphans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reason for not playing lately Reply with quote

Late evening of the 27th of May, I lost my husband and now he is resting in God's arms. A wonderful husband and father. We had talked about our time and what we should do when it came. He always told me I was a strong, independent person before and after our marriage but after 47 years (in June), it does not seem so. Days are long but nights are worse...no one to talk to about the shows we watch together. He would start singing and I would jump in, taking turns with the lyrics and finishing together. Him worrying about me not feeling well, not taking my meds and patting my back while on the computer.

You hear of people made for each other (some say soul mates) but God's hand was involved with us. Scotty"s mother was raised in the same children's orphans home during the depression and I was there for 18/19 years. We were raised on the same principle: belief in God, respect for all and love of county. We both served our county for 20 years in the Air Force but he did more by serving over in VietNam.

Scotty was a precious gift from God and my life does not seem as complete as it did before.

I tried to play at least 10 games a day, late at night but could not keep it up.

Miss my friends and gamers and will try to play more games. Love Dodie
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyorphans, My condolences on your loss.
My dad passed away last August.
He & my mom were married 49 years.
I am witness to the things that you speak of.
The loss that my brother & I & our children feel is terrible,
yet I ache at the loss my mother feels, for it has to be different.
They say 'time heals all wounds'...
I don't know about healing them...
but it does ease them in some ways.
Your husband said you were a strong woman,
my dad always said the same thing about my mom,
they knew y'all better than most anyone else,
so remember those words when you think of him.
I know that if I didn't believe my dads words about my mom
I don't think she would have made it through this past year.
Blessings to you and think of all the good years you had together.
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodie, Thank you for sharing from your heart about such a personal tragedy.
I was one of those who had missed you and wondered if you were ill.
My deepest sympathy for the loss of your dear Scotty.
I am so thankful that you were given such a gift of love to share all those years.
Only God and the sweet memories of Scotty will get you through until you get to see him again. Until that time, may God surround you and embrace you with peace and grace and the promise of eternity.

Gloria Billings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: So sorry for your loss Reply with quote

kyorphans, thank you for writing in this forum to tell us what has happened in your life. The loss of your true love must be exquisitely painful. I can only imagine what it must be like. Time alone doesn't seem to ease the pain of this kind of loss. I think it may help to let yourself cry when you feel like it, to let yourself think about all your memories, especially the good times together, and to reach out to others when you feel lonely. You have had the wonderful experience of years together with someone who fit you so well. Not very many people are so fortunate. I hope you will continue to tell others about what has happened. Take in the kindness and loving words that show you you're not completely alone. Bless your heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: