Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

What a loss!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coyotevic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: What a loss! Reply with quote

How very, very sad that GDG has killed the goose that laid the golden egg. I have watched for the past several months as this site has gone downhill, the interaction among players has diminished and the people have left for other locations. What was once a refreshing place to visit and play has become dull and unresponsive to the wants and needs of the players. I for one find the huge number of ads I must sit through a detriment to playing here when I can play the same games elsewhere without the continued bombardment of repeating advertisements. This does NOT encourage me to buy from these companies so if they are purchasing their ad space it is a waste. As a sight-disabled player, I find the flashing ads especially hard to deal with. While the discussion chatter among the players was once an allure to keep me interested in this site, the changes GDG made hampered and now are killing that spark as well. I may not discontinue playing here altogether, but I now will do the bulk of my playing elsewhere. So long, farewell, adios, goodbye.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye-bye Exclamation Exclamation
hairshredder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does "here, here" mean Question Question
Is that like bye-bye or now, now Question Question
Just curious.
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: A AD ADD ADDD ADDDD ADDDDD ADDDDDD ADDDDDDSSSS...Ads Uck! Reply with quote

The comment message will follow after a word for our sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Do you have.......blah, blah, blah, blah......now there is help for.......blah, blah, blah, blah........you need this. It will save.......blah, blah, blah, blah........Incontinence coming between you and........blah, blah, blah, blah.......New and improved.........blah, blah, blah, blah........bears with butt whipping problems needing.......blah, blah, blah blah........The sadness of Erectile Dysfunction in the construction industry........blah, blah, blah, blah.........Now in a even smaller dosage for relief from.........blah, blah, blah, blah.......in seven amazing garbage-like tasting flavors to quench your........blah, blah, blah, blah............"

And that, coyotevic is why I left too. I no longer even play here, I only come to read ConnieLea's replies to comments in the forum pages. Wink
hairshredder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the wrong word, “Hear hear” or “Here here” depends on context and, I suspect, your nationality as well.
Does anyone have a view that Americans might tend to spell it “here here” more often than other English speakers? Not that I want to start a war….
Other context considerations…
In sport: “Here! Here!” a commonly shouted phrase meaning: “Can you see me?” Pass the ball to me rather than that swarmed player over there and do it quickly.”
In a meeting: “Hear! Hear” a commonly shouted phrase meaning “I hear you and I agree strongly”.
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be of help in understanding the use of "Here, here." Or for the hard of hearing: "Hear, hear!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINadGBNFlw[/url]
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jindog, it's so good to see your name on here.
Even if it is to poke fun at me. Shocked
I can take it and have a grin on my face... Smile
especially if it's coming from you, Jindog Wink
I'm going to go with the definition of 'being in agreement with'
as to what "here, here" meant.
But when I read the post I actually thought
that I was being admonished for saying "bye-bye" Sad
BTW, Jindog, if you're here to read my posts...
I post something almost everyday...
so why haven't we heard from you in so long Question Question Rolling Eyes
I know there are some of us that think of you
every time we see your name.
So don't be such a stranger anymore...OK Exclamation Question Question Exclamation
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnieLea, in reply to your question why you don't see more of my comments here is because I come to read the comments now not add to them. There really isn't all that much happening in the forums anymore that need me to comment on, except this post from coyotevic which really hit home for me. Like them (he/she) I too grew tired of the constant barrage of meaningless and obnoxious advertising that drowned out what little enjoyment I got from a few minutes of game-play. After the forums became nothing much more than posts asking to name a movie title, dinner or food item, or what brand toilet paper I us and where (Hint, I use it instead of Kleenex) I saw not much reason to continue to offer replies to most posts. There is always the hope that somewhere, at some time when I drop in here there will be a post that stirs my passion to reply, but that is generally not the case for me as I see it is the case for you though. Keep up the good work. Somebody needs to do it.

Now my reply to all the advertisers out there on this site, especially the one with the bears. Really!!!
Do you really want to know what brand butt-wipes I use and why?
Well here's the answer: The one on sale and if I have a coupon for it too, all the better. I really don't shop brands or whether it has a celebrity telling me anything about it. Only whether it does the job of cleaning my lower region and not breaking and getting on my hand......Groody!!!! So maybe if you advertisers were to actually say something like "New and improved. Now with new no-tear strips" I might actually go and check it out once it goes on sale and comes with a coupon to boot of course. But 'softer'. Or 'now with added skin softener'. Woohoo. That only means there are no tear strips with this brand. And I will get some on my..........Oh crap.........Groody!!!!

That's it for now! Wink
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, my fine friend Jindog......
we have found a shortcut around some of the ads...
in case you want to come and play sometimes.
You have to watch the first ad when you choose a game, before it starts.
After that you have to watch the short ad after the game.
Once you click 'Continue to your game' click on the treasure chest,
then 'x' out instead of opening it, your game will start again.
I know, I know...it sounds like a bit much...but it's a little faster that way.
I was just so tickled to see your name again...
I'm trying to drag you back in here Smile Wink Smile
If I may ask...where are you playing most of the time now Question Question
Wherever you are have fun and be safe......
WE MISS YOU Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: