Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Message sent from Brian???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
g8rmom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Message sent from Brian??? Reply with quote

The following is part of a note from Brian in the General Chit-chat section:

"I believe a problem with the update was that it came as a surprise to everyone. I'd like to improve this in the future by sending out notifications by private message in advance to explain what updates will be happening, and when to expect temporary bugs or site issues related to the update process. Did you all receive the message I sent to everyone yesterday about the update? It should be in your private Great Day Games message inbox."

NO, I did not receive a message from Brian. Not in my GDG message box, or my e-mail addy mailbox registered with this site.

Wondering if anyone else did....
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone else did....

YES,I GOT THE NOTICE IN MY MSG. BOX HERE ON GDG.
larkspar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No----I did NOT get a message either
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR THOSE OF YOU CLAIMING TO NOT HAVE GOTTEN A MESSAGE FROM GDG HERE IT IS IN ALL ITS GLORY. KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR A P0SSIBLE PARODY MESSAGE FROM THE "NAG TEAM" IN THE FUTURE USING THIS SAME FORMAT.Laughing Laughing

Thank you for playing at Great Day Games! We made an update to the site earlier this week and we'd like to inform everyone about the goals of this update and the changes that were made.

Our intent with this update was to separate the community features, such as the chat and in-depth leaderboards, from the game play area. By doing this, we hope to improve your experience with both parts of the site: Games will load faster without theleaderboards and comments on the same page, while viewing and refreshing the lobby page for comments and detailed leaderboards will not cause the game and video ad to reload.

Players who are used to using both of these features simultaneously would benefit by openingeach page in a separate tab or window. To do this, right click on the Play buttonand select “Open link in new tab” or “Open link in new window”. This will openthe game in another tab or window, while leaving the comments section open in the original tab or window.

The update did cause a bug in the comment navigation – the arrowto look at earlier discussions was not present, so there was no way to look atolder conversations. This has been fixed, so the navigation arrows in thecomments now appear as they should. We're planning on another behind-the-scenes update this week to further improve loading time on all games.

After you have a few days to get used to the updates andchanges and perhaps trying the method of using multiple tabs and windows, wewould love to hear your feelings on the changes to our site. Please send an email to usersupport@greatdaygames.com with your feedback or questions!

Thank you again for playing at Great Day Games, and have a Great Day!
toxon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received it, but it could have come out about the time the change was posted. It looked as if the notice came out only because of all the negative comments about the change
krazykop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if these will help, but here are a few things...

(1) When you joined GDG, you should have an automatic friend named: "GreatDayGamer". Did you delete this friend?

(2) Have you requested a friendship from Brian? Maybe doing so might open up the lines of communication better?

(3) Is your inbox pretty full? If so you might want to clean house a bit on your inbox and sent message tabs. Maybe you have too many messages and your account is too full to get more?

(4) Did you check your message inbox? It is possible its sitting there and you simply haven't read it?

Like I said, I don't know if any of these things will help, but its a start on finding out why you didn't see the message.
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have ended up also in the infamous "JUNK FOLDER".
ricotta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not received a notice either as a message on My Page or in my personal e-mail. I find that the games do not load faster. In fact the games have been freezing up more often. A few of the Solitaire games play once or twice then freeze. If the Leaderboard and general chat is the problem why is there the Leaderboard with the Top 50 for the week. I say reverse the two boards the weekly into the Lobby and the daily on the game page. Also reverse the daily to have top 50 and the weekly the top 100. Move the comments to Game Page and reduce the number available for viewing. The Reviews are better suited to the Lobby for players new to the site or that particular game. The Reviews should be just that reviews and not comments which is what they have become. Any and all changes should be brought to players attention at least one week in advance. Some people got e-mails asking to give the changes a chance and then to let GDG know and they might take it back to the way it was. Brian what happeneed to this? Why are you not responding to peoples' comments in Suggestions?
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RICCOTA said:
"Any and all changes should be brought to players attention at least one week in advance. Some people got e-mails asking to give the changes a chance and then to let GDG know and they might take it back to the way it was."

FIRST OF ALL......I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN E-MAIL(or suggestion)THAT GDG WOULD CHANGE ANYTHING BACK TO 'THE WAY IT WAS'

ON OCCASION GDG HAS TOLD US IN THE FORUMS OF PENDING CHANGES.

THE E-MAIL(on this site,not my regular e-mail)CAME JUST AS THE CHANGE OCCURED.
IF YOU SAVED THE ONE YOU RECIEVED IT WILL HAVE THE DATE AND TIME IT WAS SENT TO YOU ON IT.

LAST,BUT NOT LEAST......
I'M SURE THAT MOST ALL PLAYERS(myself included)HERE HAVE IDEAS ABOUT WHAT SHOULD GO WHERE ON WHICH PAGE,HOW MANY TREATS FOR WHAT SCORES ON WHICH GAMES AND EVEN HOW HIGH SCORES SHOULD BE ,
BUT ALAS......
I AM NOT EMPLOYED BY GDG,AND MOST PEOPLE THAT PLAY HERE WITH DIFFERENT IDEAS MUST NOT BE EITHER OR WE WOULD BE SEEING DIFFERENT CHANGES NOW......
AND SOMEBODY WOULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THOSE CHANGES BEFORE TOO LONG.

SORRY......NUFF SAID(by me,anyway)

THOSE WHO ARE CONTENT AND THOSE WHO AREN'T......

HAPPY GAMING Y'ALL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
g8rmom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krazykop -- Thanks for the suggestions. In response,
1) No
2) I didn't think of this, but I will. Not sure this is the answer, though, as he only has 93 friends right now.
3) No & no. I've received other messages since then with no clean-out.
4) Yes, I checked all my message areas.

jindog -- thanks for posting what the message was. As it was, I'd already seen it posted elsewhere. I just didn't know that was Brian's message he sent out to "everyone".

I'm not going to be too concerned about it. I'm here to play, and, hey, it is free. I'm not too happy about the changes either, but I'll adjust. If I'd joined today, I wouldn't know the difference. Laughing Laughing Laughing

At least they didn't get rid of a bunch of games like "another" site did. It does help to be thankful for what you've got.
THANKS again, all.
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I'd joined today, I wouldn't know the difference.

G8RMOM, I think you said it. So true! It isn't what you don't know that will harm you, it is what you do know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: