Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Mahjongg Game Theme Survey!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Mahjongg Game Theme Survey! Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Arkadium is working on a new Mahjongg game and we need help deciding on themes for the game. Many players here are huge Mahjongg fans, so when I found out our art team was interested in doing a survey, I knew you'd be the best players to ask.

Click this link to take a short survey and let us know which background images you’d like to see turned into a full theme for our upcoming game: http://svy.mk/zBWoFr

Don't get too excited though - we're just in the early stages of planning the game, so don't expect to be playing it on Great Day Games anytime soon. Wink

Thank you!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT A GREAT IDEA Exclamation Exclamation
I DID THE SURVEY AND I HOPE THAT ONE OF MY IDEAS IS USED FOR THE NEW LAYOUT.
UNTIL WE SEE THE NEW GAME...HAVE FUN WORKING ON IT Exclamation Exclamation

HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply adore the classic theme. Its very relaxing and has so many possibilities, from Royalty to Civil War era.

I'm not real fond of all the bright colored ones, especially for a game which you need to stay focused on the tiles, and not on the activity in the background.
taokeema

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's really nice to get an invitation to contribute our thoughts like this, Brian, thank you.

my compliments to the artists. it was hard to choose a favorite.

cheers,

tao
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAO,IT SURE WAS HARD TO CHOOSE Exclamation Exclamation
ALSO THE OPTIONS WERE KIND OF LIMITED(in my opinion)
I COULD HAVE USED SOME MAYBES AND I DON'T KNOWS ON THE QUESTION
'WOULD YOU PLAY WITH THIS BACKGROUND'
HOWEVER,I STILL ENJOYED TAKING THE POLL.

taokeema

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

ConnieLea wrote:
TAO,IT SURE WAS HARD TO CHOOSE Exclamation Exclamation
ALSO THE OPTIONS WERE KIND OF LIMITED(in my opinion)
I COULD HAVE USED SOME MAYBES AND I DON'T KNOWS ON THE QUESTION
'WOULD YOU PLAY WITH THIS BACKGROUND'

Yeah, it's hard, but the lack of options forces you to make a choice, which is helpful to the folks compiling the results.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new games GDG comes up with this year. I didn't like playing all of the new games from last year, but I thought they all were pretty original, and they had great artwork. I tried all of them, but Cat Fight was my favorite.
LuBoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONNIELEA & TAO:

I'M CURIOUS AS TO HOW MANY OF US ACTUALLY TOOK THE SURVEY. I KNOW I DID AND THAT BOTH OF YOU DID. ON THE MAIN PAGE IT ONLY SHOWS 5 REPLIES, DO YOU THINK THAT IS JUST REFLECTING YOUR CHATTING OR HOW MANY ACTUALLY RESPONDED?

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW IF GDG RECEIVED A FAIR AMOUNT OF REPLIES. THEY ARE GIVING US A CHANCE TO OFFER SUGGESTIONS INSTEAD OF JUST COMPLAINING ABOUT THINGS SO I WOULD HOPE A LOT OF PLAYERS DID RESPOND.

IF NOT I HOPE THEY WILL.

LUBOO
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUBOO,AND OF THE REPLIES #'d THERE ARE ACTUALLY ONLY 4 OF US ON HERE. I,ALSO,HOPE MORE PLAYERS HAVE RESPONDED AND JUST HAVEN'T COMMENTED ON IT.
IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO GET A NEW GAME AND EVERYONE COMPLAIN,
ESPECIALLY IF THEY DIDN'T TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE THEIR INPUT.

GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy to report that dozens of Great Day Games players have responded to the survey, and I can tell that a lot of thought was put into the responses. Some themes were liked or disliked by a very clear majority, while others were a lot closer to 50/50 - these were probably a lot of the themes that everyone wanted to say "maybe" to. I'm not sure if I'll be able to share the results publicly, since it's for a game that is still very early in development.

I've told our marketing team how much everyone enjoyed participating, so you may see more surveys like this in the future Very Happy

Thank you to everyone who participated, and if you haven't yet, it's not too late to head over and take the survey!
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDG-Brian, maybe you could just post the ones that were disliked by the clear majority of gamers. We can wait for the final look until later, but I think just knowing which ones got canned would please some of us.
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'D LIKE TO SEE THE REJECTS TOO,JINDOG.
BUT DON'T YOU BET THAT SOME PLAYERS WOULD SEE THE ONES THEY HAD CHOSEN AS THEIR VERY FAVORITES AND HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT Exclamation Question Exclamation
I HOPE IT'S NOT WAAAAY FAR OFF IN THE FUTURE TILL WE GET TO SEE THE NEW GAMES LAUNCHED.BUT I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH UNTIL WE DO.

LuBoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRIAN, NOTHING LIKE BEING A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT! ACTUALLY IN THIS CASE I AM A WEEK LATE (BUT WILL ALWAYS BE A DOLLAR SHORT (lol))

I WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR UPDATING US ON THE NUMBER OF RESPONSES YOU RECEIVED. IT IS GREAT TO KNOW THAT A LOT OF PLAYERS PARTICIPATED. AND I DO AGREE WITH CONNIELEA - THE MINUTE YOU POST ANYTHING ON THE OUTCOMES YOU ARE IN FOR A HASSLE, BE IT A "GOOD IDEA" OR THE "REJECTS" . SO GOOD LUCK TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM - AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW GAME.

THANKS AGAIN.
LUBOO
krazykop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GDG-Brian wrote:
I'm very happy to report that dozens of Great Day Games players have responded to the survey, and I can tell that a lot of thought was put into the responses. Some themes were liked or disliked by a very clear majority, while others were a lot closer to 50/50 - these were probably a lot of the themes that everyone wanted to say "maybe" to. I'm not sure if I'll be able to share the results publicly, since it's for a game that is still very early in development.

I've told our marketing team how much everyone enjoyed participating, so you may see more surveys like this in the future Very Happy

Thank you to everyone who participated, and if you haven't yet, it's not too late to head over and take the survey!

Brian:

Any "scoop" on the progress of this new game? Will there be beta testing available prior to its release? Will this game be included on this website, or is it a game being developed for the "social gaming" sites, or is it a game being developed for purchased download?
sureeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Mah Jongg Reply with quote

Forget backgrounds, how about a mah jongg game that actually works! Instead of rolling back scores when completed and low payout!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sureeta,I DON'T KNOW WHICH OF THE mah jongg GAMES YOU PLAY,
BUT I HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY SCORES
OR TREATS ON THE ONES THAT I PLAY.
AND AS FOR THE NEW BACKGROUNDS...
I,FOR ONE,AM EAGERLY AWAITING THE NEW ONES.

HOPE YOU GET YOUR SCORING AND TREAT PROBLEMS WORKED OUT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: