Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Announcements Forum Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Announcements Forum Change Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, from now on the Announcements forum will only consist of posts that are created by GDG. Players will still be able to reply to our posts and discuss them, but will not be able to create new topics.

We made this change so that when there is an important announcement to make, it won't get lost in this forum. The other forums are more appropriate for the kinds of things that players post here - Technical Help and Suggestions already have their own forums, and everything else goes in General Chit-Chat.

Feel free to let me know how you feel about this change, and thanks for playing at Great Day Games!
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about time that there is a forum exclusively for news and information from GDG. The restricting to replies only is a smart move and comes none too soon. I would further add that possibly the Technical Help section be reserved also for this sort of restriction, as it seems to be over run with the minor sort of annoyances gamers experience that are best left to other means of resolution.
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. When the Tech Support forum used to be closed, all those requests just went straight into the other forums instead. I want to keep tech support out of chit-chat and the other forums, so I don't think I have a choice but to keep it open.

Just to keep you guys in the loop, I'm also considering closing the Great Day Gamer Blog forum, since the title is totally misleading as there is no blog. All the content in there could go into chit-chat, suggestions, or tech support. I'm also trying to figure out new ways to make sure tech support requests go to the correct place: my email inbox.

Thanks as always for your support and advice!
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Here is a layout suggestion Reply with quote

Here is a layout suggestion...

This may make it a bit easier for users to find the correct place to post their questions, problems, and suggestions...

Quote:

ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRAZYKOP'S SUGGESTION WOULD ONLY WORK IF THE E-MAIL FOR GDGAMES SUPPORT ALSO WORKED.ACCORDING TO SOME PLAYERS IT IS NOT ACCEPTING THEIR E-MAILS.
JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH.
HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: