Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Coffee Break ~~ Let's Chat!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Coffee Break ~~ Let's Chat! Reply with quote

Coffee's On! ...Let's Chat!

I thought it would be nice to have a generic thread where anyone and everyone could chat about what ever they wanted to. Whether it be the weather, food, holidays, gardening, or simply to say hello or good morning to your fellow Great Day Gamer's. If you're new to the forum, or new to GDG, this would be the perfect place to introduce yourself and get to know everyone. So, grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage, sit down, kick back, and Let's Chat!
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS LOOKS LIKE THE 'SISTERHOOD' POST FROM LAST YEAR.
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sisterhood?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, unless you're referring to Nun's or Witchcraft. Neither of which I am.

...I do have 3 older sisters...but none of them live in the 'hood'. Smile
Jindog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.greatdaygames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11382&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
PCJuli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Krazykop,

I think it's a great idea. Perhaps GDG-Bucks or Peet's at GDG or The Great Day Coffee Bar would not sound so girly. Although last time I looked coffee was unisex.
Now Jin, as I remember you were part of the Sister/Brotherhood...quoting you from June 16, 2010:

"Anybody that thinks they no longer belong here, are not accepted, not wanted, can't post here are just full of their own stuff. It is all about having fun and chatting as best we can, even if occasionally there is a little blow back. That is called life and life happens, get used to it. 'Nuff Said!!!!!!!
Oh I forgot there is a rule to join, ya gotta conga."

So Krazykop, go for it!! Can we Conga in the coffee shop?
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY ARE SO MANY OF THE POSTS JUST A '!' AND NOTHING ELSE??
NONE OF MY BUSSINESS,I'M SURE...WAS JUST CURIOUS.
krazykop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how much dancing will be done here. Surely not by me, as I have 2 left feet. But general conversation I'm pretty good at.

I'm a 42 year old female...will be turning 43 on October 4th. I have one child, a 14 year old son. I live smack dab in the middle of the U.S. and I really don't enjoy the winters. I work full time at a local newspaper as the manager in the distribution department. One of my favorite hobbies is graphic arts, as you can see by the image in the opening post. My goal at GDG is not making top leaderboard scores, but is to achieve being able to play at least 10 games a day in order to keep my calendar pink.

Does anyone else want to share a bit of personal background with us?
LuBoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI EVERYONE, WELL MOST OF YOU ON THE FORUM ALREADY KNOW THAT I JUST HAD MY 78TH BIRTHDAY AND THAT I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN IN SOUTHWEST VA. I HAVE A DAUGHTER, SON-IN-LAW AND TWO GRANDCHILDREN. BOTH MY DAUGHTER AND SON-IN-LAW ARE UNIVERSITY PROFESSORS SO I AM A RESEARCHER AND I GRADE TESTS AND QUIZES FOR THEM. MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS 11 A GOOD STUDENT AND A SOCCER PLAYER, MY GRANDSON WILL BE 9 ON 10/31 HE IS ALSO A STRAIGHT A STUDENT AND A SOCCER PLAYER.
GDG HAS BECOME THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY DAY, I LOVE THE GAMES AND REALLY ENJOY PLAYING THEM. BUT THE VERY BEST PART ARE THE FRIENDS I HAVE MET, I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE.
BUT I GUESS MY "REAL" JOB (ALONG WITH ELCEE) IS TO KEEP JINDOG IN LINE. THIS IS A TOUGH JOB BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT! (RIGHT ELCEE?)

I HAVE MENTIONED THIS BEFORE BUT I WANT ANY NEW FOLKS TO KNOW THAT I TYPE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT IS EASIER ON MY FINGERS, WHICH ARE VERY NUMB AT TIMES DUE TO A NEUROPATHY. MY NEUROPATHY IS A RESULT OF POST POLIO SYNDROME.

SO THAT KINDA SUMS IT UP FOR ME.

HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE - LUBOO
BrookvilleGal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: LUBOO - my best buddy Reply with quote

Hi I'm BrookvilleGal and joined after being encouraged by my very best friend LUBOO. We united again several weeks ago after many long years of separation. She encouraged me to join and I've always found the wisdom of LUBOO something to be followed. Wished I done it more in the past but then I was young and stupid. Oh well, I've gotten older and hopefully a little smarter. Glad to be here with everyone. She says that you're the greatest group of folks in the whole world. Blessings!
mamavan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy you're here... Any friend of Luboo's is surely a friend of mine!
I hope you enjoy the games, and visit the forums whenever you can ... Always nice to have new folks join us Smile
LuBoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO MY DEAR FRIEND BROOKVILLEGAL, THANK YOU, YOU SAY THE NICEST THINGS ABOUT THIS OLD LADY. BUT I AM GLAD YOU DID. MAMAVAN IS ONE OF MY VERY SPECIAL FRIENDS AND I HAVE ADOPTED HER AS A DAUGHTER. CINDY DOESN'T MIND. I ALSO HAVE AN ADORABLE ADOPTED GRANDDAUGHTER AND SOME OTHER FRIENDS THAT JUST MAKE MY DAY.

GLAD YOU FOUND YOUR WAY TO THE FORUM. AND PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO HARASS JINDOG IF THE SPIRIT GUIDES YOU TO DO SO. HE IS OUR RESIDENT CHARACTER AND JUST LOVES ATTENTION, EVEN THO IT MIGHT BE A BIT ON THE TEASING SIDE!
BTW - YOU HAVE NEVER EVER NOT IN A MILLION YEARS BEEN ANYTHING BUT VERY, VERY SMART.
LOVE YOU - LUBOO
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Last edited by elcelcpa on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BrookvilleGal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great welcomining! Mamavan - never had anyone dance across my pc ! How cool. El Cee - so Luboo likes to "mess"? Well I've known Luboo for 30 years and yes she can be a character but the very best kind. It's refreshing to find a group of people who can have fun and tease each other yet no harm is done. That's a good thing. I may be hanging around here more since I'll be laid off on 9/30 and it's a little hard to find a job when you're 65. However, I can only hang "randomly" since I don't own a computer, but I can use one at the local church. Goodness here I am sitting at a church computer at 6:30AM and I'm suppose to be already on the road to work. Everyone have a great day. Blessings!
Stubs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO AND WELCOME TO YOU BROOKVILLEGAL!!!

I am so glad that you have such a good friend as Luboo. And that she has guided you to such a warm and friendly place as the forums!!

I live in So. Arizona, HOT HOT HOT!!!

We have two dogs, a Lab named Max and a Border Collie named Smokey. Kind of appropriate since we live so close to the border, don't ya think??

Well I won't take up too much more space for now, but I'm glad that you're here and hope to see you again a lot more often!!

Always smiling, Stubs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LuBoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEFORE YOU BELIEVE MISS ELCEE'S ACCOUNT OF THINGS PAST BE SURE TO READ THE THREAD THAT WAS BUMPED RE: JNDOG'S FAN CLUB.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

THANK YOU!

LUBOO
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: