Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

TREASURE CHEST GAME: Good or Bad?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think the new Treasure Chest game is?
A fun and easy way to get more treats.
46%
 46%  [ 15 ]
A plot to turn us into mindless zombies
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
A rigged game where nobody ever gets the big win.
34%
 34%  [ 11 ]
World domination through game play.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Yo ho-ho and a bottle of rum.....
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: TREASURE CHEST GAME: Good or Bad? Reply with quote

Hi Brian, since you monitor the forum pages here now I will ask you this question. By the way you are doing a splendid job may I add. You see tonight (it will be last night instead by the time you read this) as I came on board the treasure chest game(?) stared me in the eye. You see I have elected to not play this game(?) out of certain concerns (more on that in a moment) so I clicked it off using the [x] in the upper right hand corner. Well it was determined to not take NO for an answer and reappeared several more times before it stayed gone. So that got me to thinking. Could this treasure chest game be nothing more than a evil, nefarious plot to turn us into mindless robotrons or auto-bots me thinks?

I mean the games we play here at GDG are already rather numbing, mindless trivial time wasters that we play for fun, yet here is a new feature that is even more mindless and trivial than anything offered up as entertainment here at GDG prior to its arrival. I see this new game as some form of training---mindless, repetitious action to start off a gamers day with. Sort of Pavlovian in its aim; push the red button, get food, water or whatever. Here it is click one of three chests, get treats. Oh you can say it is all just fun and a form of gambling so to speak and no harm is meant by it. But I really do wonder, if somewhere down the road there isn't something rather diabolical in the intent of the game, some record of who pushes the red button and who doesn't. Which gamers were obedient and which ones weren't.

I sure would like to know, but I do know there really is no way you could be totally honest and tell me the full story. "Yes Jindog, I did ask our developers about the new Treasure Chest game and they told me that what we are developing with the help of the Pentagon is ...........!!"

I'll be waiting to hear what you have to say.
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jindog, thanks for making this poll and for sharing your thoughts on the game with us.

The motivation behind the treasure chest game in reality isn't nearly as interesting or nefarious as some of the theories you've suggested. We just thought it would be another fun way to reward players for visiting the site every day. It's also a good motivation for guests to register and sign in as a member, which gives them access to more features of our site and encourages them to return again in the future.

On an unrelated note, some men in black suits from the government stopped by our offices the other day, they seemed pretty interested in seeing the data from our treasure chest game. It's kind of funny - nobody here can remember much of what happened after that. Some people mentioned seeing a bright, white flash, but that could have just been lightning from the impending hurricane, or an electrical problem with the lights.

Anyway, thanks again for playing and for sharing your feedback with us!
krazykop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I enjoy the treasure chest. Every 10, 50, or 100 gets me one step closer to leveling up. Its a bonus, just as the 10 daily-sign-in points is. Heck, who doesn't enjoy getting door prizes? If you want to throw your door prize away, that's up to you...but don't assume the rest of us agree with you.
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian for the reply. Yes a friend of mine who lives near the Arcadium Headquarters mentioned the men in suits and the flash to me the other day. Seems there was an explosion down the street too. Or maybe that was the one from today. Oh well. Keep up the good work.
GimmeMyTims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Treasure Chest Reply with quote

I think some people are reading way too much into this treasure chest game! I usually only win 40 or 50 points, but hey - I still enjoy playing!
gamegoddess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: TREASURE CHEST Reply with quote

On Thursday, TREASURE CHEST changed: instead of a button to accept tokens there were 2 options not clear but one subtracted 200 tokens and kept repeating the 3 chests choices. So I later discovered 1,000 tokens were taken and small amounts rewarded. I never saw any explanation about this and frankly felt a bit tricked.
Jindog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told ya all now didn't I?
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TREASURE CHEST Reply with quote

gamegoddess wrote:
On Thursday, TREASURE CHEST changed: instead of a button to accept tokens there were 2 options not clear but one subtracted 200 tokens and kept repeating the 3 chests choices. So I later discovered 1,000 tokens were taken and small amounts rewarded. I never saw any explanation about this and frankly felt a bit tricked.

THE OPTIONS WERE: PLAY AGAIN TO WIN 1000 TREATS(cost 200 treats) OR ENTER SWEEPSTAKES NOW.
BUT UNDERNEATH THERE WAS A SQUARE THAT SAID CLAIM TREATS,
OR YOU COULD CLICK THE 'X' IN THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER AND IT WOULD GO TO THE GDG HOME PAGE AND THE TREATS YOU WON WERE ADDED TO YOUR TREAT TOTAL.
HOPE THIS INFO WAS USEFUL.
HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
CrazyVickiLady

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I*d like to know why we have to go to facwbook on some of the games now and that we can*t even get any treats for it or get on the leaderboards for playing them!! Aso, internet expplorer website is screwing up all the time and we are having to go to other websited like firefox in order to play- what is going on here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: