Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Great Day Games Updated Today!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Great Day Games Updated Today! Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have some great news for all Great Day Gamers!

As you may have noticed already, we made several updates to Great Day Games today. Some of them were made specifically thanks to feedback from the community, so thank you all again for your input and passion for our site! I believe that all of the changes are overwhelmingly positive for our site and our community.

Without any further ado, here is what's new:

ZERO TREATS BUG FIXED!
Everyone here has been extremely patient in waiting for us to fix this problem. Many players have also shared their feedback and information about when this bug occurred, whether in a forum post or by emailing it to me. This information played a large role in helping our developers zero in on the issue and fix it. THANK YOU ALL!
If you notice any problems with treats payout from now on, do not hesitate to post them in the Technical Support section of our forum.

NEW GAME END SCREEN!
If you play any game, you'll notice a new game ending screen. We have changed it to put more information all in one place, and at a faster speed than before. Now the game end screen shows you your score and treats, in addition to links to play again, post scores on Facebook, enter sweepstakes, or play similar games that have been rated highly by players.

THE RETURN OF GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS!
Thanks to a post on our forums, our community came to an agreement on the Global Leaderboards. Some players wanted them back, others did not want to see a large focus on competition on the main page. As a compromise, we brought back the Global Leaderboards, but they are now found on the Treats & Prizes page. Thanks again for your input!

LANGUAGE FILTER UPDATES
Our language filter for comments and messages was slightly eccentric - some words or pieces of words were being censored for no reason. I now have the ability to edit this filter easily, and I've already removed many of the stranger inclusions. Foul and offensive language will still be filtered and will never be tolerated on our site, but now these choices will be made in a more appropriate way. If you notice a certain word or letter combination being censored incorrectly, please let me know, and I can fix it quickly!

Please let me know your feelings on these changes, I'm always open to suggestions and feedback that would help make Great Day Games more fun for our players.

During the upgrade process earlier today, you might have noticed a few glitches, especially with the end game screen. Those were temporary issues resulting from the upgrade process. If you notice any problems with the site that persist still, please let me know by posting in the Technical Support forum.

Thanks everyone, and have a Great Day!
eeln

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Day Games Updated Today! Reply with quote

GDG-Brian wrote:
LANGUAGE FILTER UPDATES
Our language filter for comments and messages was slightly eccentric - some words or pieces of words were being censored for no reason. I now have the ability to edit this filter easily, and I've already removed many of the stranger inclusions. Foul and offensive language will still be filtered and will never be tolerated on our site, but now these choices will be made in a more appropriate way. If you notice a certain word or letter combination being censored incorrectly, please let me know, and I can fix it quickly!

This is WONDERFUL news!! Here are a few words/phrases that were always replaced by ***'s when posting:

"Bacon" ...entire word replaced by "*****"

"If you" ....editor changed to "I* ***"

"Funeral" ....entire word replaced by "*******"

"Butterscotch" ...editor changed to "Butter******"

These are just a small dose of what was being edited by the language filter...and as you can see, they are innocent words/phrases which the editor assumed were naughty ones.

It looked pretty bad when you were talking about hamburger toppings, and I would reply that I liked bacon on mine. Having the reply look like:
"I like ***** on mine"
...well,as you can see, it is really quite embarrassing to have bacon replaced by stars.

Thanks for including this in the update. It was greatly needed.
PETUNIA77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDG-BRIAN...

YOU ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH 4 ALL THAT YOU ARE DOING BEHIND THE SCENES...FOR MAKING COMMUNICATION EASIER WITH TECH SUPPORT AND...............

FOR BRINGING BACK THE GLOBAL LEADERBOARD!! YAY! I LIKE TO SEE HOW MY FRIENDS ARE DOING!! =)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Very Happy
polly26

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Thank you...... Reply with quote

Like the new updates to the site! Thank you Brian...

Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Last edited by elcelcpa on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
taokeema

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hooray for the quick new exit screen and integrated exit ad!
speeding up the treasure chest was a smooth move, too. Very Happy
Pywacket13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other forbidden "naughty" words:

carbon

cancer

stupid
Magnet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Brian. Have just been playing Crescent Solitaire Classic and not only did the scores register but I am top of the Leader Board. Not for long I guess!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: