Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Ads use lots band-width

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DianneMac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Ads use lots band-width Reply with quote

DianneMac
For me and so many others, the games run slow. I've found time and time again that it happens only when the ad to the right of the play window is a "moving" one. When the ad there is still, no matter what all the other ads are doing, the games are crisp and fast - a real pleasure to play.
GDG, would you consider please having all of the ads which show on the right of the play window "still" ones. Even when they move during the count down, if they're still while a game is being played, everything is eggggscellent!
Example - the Namco Retro Gamer ad moves during the count down and is still during play - perfect!
I really like most of the ads - they're clever and very well-done - and I totally understand that without ads, we wouldn't even have GDG. I really appreciate your site and really appreciate that it's free - because of the ads.
So I'm really not knocking the ads - it's just that for those of us who don't have really fast broad-band, the moving ones use up so much band-width that the games are painfully slow and simply not worth playing. A lot of negativity is being expressed in comments by players towards GDG and the advertisers. Such a shame.
GDG, would you please consider having only "still" ads at the right of the play window?
LuBoo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIANNE MAC - I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU - I HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE WHEN THE BANK OF AMERICA AD WAS FLIPPING OVER. IT DROVE ME NUTS (NOT THAT I HAD FAR TO GO) BUT WHEN THEY FINALLY TOOK IT OFF I STILL HAD SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW PROBLEMS BUT SWITCHED TO FIREFOX WHICH HAS MADE LIFE A LOT EASIER.

THOSE MOVING ADS ARE THE MOST ANNOYING. I TOO UNDERSTAND THE NECESSITY OF ADVERTISING BUT MAKE THE ADS A LITTLE LESS "CLEVER"
SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THE GAMES. FOR THOSE OF US OVER 30 (AHEM!) EVEN THE FLICKERING OF THE ADS DISTRACT.

SO - LET THE GAMES BEGIN (BUT NOT SO SLOWLY)

THANK YOU,
LUBOO
DianneMac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last couple of days, there seem to many fewer "moving" ads at the right of the screen which means that for me - 1mbps download - that the games are beautiful to play again. Reckon it's the same for many other people. The moving ads use up lots of band-width; still ones don't. So GDG, if you've decided to show fewer moving ads in that spot, thanks - I really appreciate it and am hugely relieved. I can't make it through the day without smashing some Eggz!
CrazyVickiLady

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I*d still like yo know why current prize winners are not posted!! Does that mean that no one is really winning them or that the same people keep winning over and over again? We really have nothing else to look forward to as the gamesites are screwed up and the same ads run over and over and over again. And then when we don*t get our scores and treats we*re told that it is our computers at fault and not yours, but how can that happen to so many of us at the same time, when we have to go to different servers to even play?
taokeema

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

LuBoo wrote:
DIANNE MAC - I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU - I HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE WHEN THE BANK OF AMERICA AD WAS FLIPPING OVER. IT DROVE ME NUTS (NOT THAT I HAD FAR TO GO) BUT WHEN THEY FINALLY TOOK IT OFF I STILL HAD SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW PROBLEMS BUT SWITCHED TO FIREFOX WHICH HAS MADE LIFE A LOT EASIER.

THOSE MOVING ADS ARE THE MOST ANNOYING. I TOO UNDERSTAND THE NECESSITY OF ADVERTISING BUT MAKE THE ADS A LITTLE LESS "CLEVER"
SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THE GAMES. FOR THOSE OF US OVER 30 (AHEM!) EVEN THE FLICKERING OF THE ADS DISTRACT.

SO - LET THE GAMES BEGIN (BUT NOT SO SLOWLY)

THANK YOU,
LUBOO

i totally agree with you Luboo. flickering and moving ads are very distracting.

did you know you can resize your browser window so the ads don't show? make sure your window isn't maximized, then click the right edge with your mouse and drag left. this page shows you some pictures, and tells you more about how to control your window size.

good luck!

tao
GDG-Brian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pass the information about the moving ads on to the Great Day Games development team. I'll keep you posted on any information or changes that I get. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: