Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

Message from NAG (a parody)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Message from NAG (a parody) Reply with quote

Hi there GDG Gamers,

There have been some BIG changes here at Great Day Games lately and we hope you have been noticing. Many of you have been sending us exciting feedback; so many comments in fact we thought maybe a new name could reflect better this new dynamic you have given to this game site. We are changing the name to Not Again Games, NAG for short! Sort of rolls of the tongue better don’t you think than GDG?

We thought now might be a good opportunity to inform you of some of these recent changes you have been experiencing and at the same time make fun of some while we bring you even more changes.

Bankbook

Wondering why you’re seeing Bankbook on your favorite site GDG? Well here’s the low down. We have connected your Bankbook account information directly to your login so we can make deductions right from your account as you play your favorite games. No more worries about free games not being free ever again. For a small per game fee your games will remain free forever. No hassles or worries. With Bankbook and GDG working together to make a better game site for you our loyal gamers the sky is the only limit.

What does it mean to you?

It means new games for you and new revenue streams for us. Go ahead and try it out. Using Bankbook you just need to click the “Share” button and Bankbook does the rest. You can also add your friend’s Bankbook accounts by clicking “Share More” button.

This does not mean Bankbook is taking over this site and you don’t HAVE to use Bankbook to play here. Keep playing your games as usual without Bankbook until we finally block you from accessing the site. If you are not interested in Bankbook connected to your GDG account – no problem!
1. Log into your GDG account.
2. Click on My Page and then My Settings.
3. Click on "Remove Bankbook from my account".
4. Then, simply provide your Social Security information and we will deduct from it instead and not someone else.

It is really that simple.

Last edited by Jindog on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jindog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what’s coming or has already happened?

Well did you notice the color changes to the site? We changed the blue border color on the main page from Blue # 10-07-132-009B to Blue #10-07-132-010BS from the Pantonini International Color Chart. We think it has made the page just explode with vitality and freshness. We also softened the top shading from a 12% to an 11.9875% degree tonal blocking shift. Wow, we feel it is so much more modern and exciting looking than before.

Plus, we took one of your all-time favorite games MAHJONGG DIMENSIONS and gave it 4th Dimension capabilities. Did you notice how it time shifted for awhile and wasn't there? Pretty cool we think. And we are going to make more of your games 4th dimension games as well, as this technology is sweeping the industry, so keep your eyes peeled and watch them disappear.

We also have added a new feature to all the games to make them less competitive. Now without any scoring being revealed or treats displayed, more of you are depending upon your fellow gamers for your score standing. No more “Hey look at me.” It is all going to be “Hey can someone look for me.” This will help to build trust among all gamers as no one will dare tell a lie. This is part of our social cooperation network aspect we are phasing into all games as we build GDG as the premier gaming site and industry leader.

Plus we have attempted to moderate the forum pages more often and control the content there. Have you noticed how sometimes you can’t get in to read anything on the forum? That is because we are employing time halting technologies from DeadStop Computing Ltd. to keep the forum pages clean, safe and respectful for all the players. If you can't read it or post it then it will be clean, safe and respectful to all. It is that simple!

We here at GDG wish to thank you, our loyal gamers, for your continued patronage and for making this a great game site.

The ‘new’ NAG team

The fine print: This disclaimer from Jindog (ME) purports to state his intent to parody a letter sent to all registered GDG gamers earlier this week from GreatDayGamer. My aim is one of fun and in good spirit and was not meant in bad taste or in harm or in disrespect to the mother of all game sites. Any names used other than my own were changed to protect that person’s identity from incriminating evidence.
The Super Fine Print: (I wouldn't believe anything he has stated here if I were you.)
Sassarina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, love it, love it!
I swear, I was laughing so hard,
I took a drink of water, and got my screen wet!
You are a riot Jindog!
You made my day!
Hope you are having a super day/night.
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassarina, I am glad you got a chuckle from this latest post from me. As I can recall there was another time when you "spewed" a liquid onto your computer screen after reading one of my posts. Fortunately this time it sounds like it was easier to clean-up.

I can only hope that none of your favorite games get the 4-D treatment anytime soon. Best to you as well.
PCJuli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been locked out of the forums for a few days and I come back to find that Jindog has sent his resume, been hired by GDG, and now appears to be staging an inside mutiny! Twisted Evil

Oh don't we love whistleblowing!! The JDog will be on 60 minutes before you can say NAG! Shocked

Thank you for the warnings my friend. I feel alot safer now that my bankbook is under the mattress and away from temptation. Mad

I've also managed to abort the little eyes that were installed in the cubes of the new Mahjongg Dimensions. I think they were actually the Fifth Dimension; insidious little things watching the house for IRS infractions.

Not to worry - if they slap you in the slammer for slander, your loyal friends will gather our walkers and Jazzies and dogs and cats and kids and bust you out!!! Wink

You've outdone yourself Jin. Great funny post. Thanks for the laugh!
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by elcelcpa on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
polly26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Hilarious Reply with quote

Jindog,

First time I can get into Forums.....

This is the best to date! I laughed so hard: fortunately, I did not have a mouth full of liquid that I know would have spewed all over my computer. Laughing

Even as I write this I am still chuckling! Thanks for laughter amid all the chaos......we better be careful that another game site doesn't steal you away from GDG.....

Take care...
mistermary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JINDOG,

Once again you have shared your wit and humor with us and I just want to say
Thank You Wink Keep them coming - laughing at any time of the day or night
can only brighten one's mood!

Cheers,
mistermary
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After what everyone has gone through lately here at GDG while the transformation of the site is underway, I am glad there are still people out there who can laugh at something as simple as a letter of explanation, even if it was intentionally meant as comedy. It is this ability that keeps this world a place to live in and not a place to run from.

I am glad everyone is back to the forums (for now) as I got knocked off again as well. Hopefully this will have a permanent effect and we can once again look forward to seeing something worth reading when we log on.
pamanndea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jindog you are too funny. I look forward to reading your posts when I can connect to the forum. I wish more of the gamers were as laid back as you and looked for the humor in this crazy situation. Keep up the good work and I am so glad that in this economy you were able to find a job you were so suited for.
Jindog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pamanndea, I can honestly say this much about my new "job", I needn't worry about what taxes are being taken out or anything of that sort, though I wouldn't mind if they did. They say the square root of the empty set, divided by its self and multiplied by the inverted ratio of pi and the speed of light is still the square root of the empty set, though there may be a mathematician out there that begs to differ with me.

Take care and happy to ya!
Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good once, I thought maybe it would be good a 2nd time around.

Happy faces everyone!!! Cool
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGE ONLY MADE IT BETTER,JINDOG Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

HAPPY,HAPPY & Smile Smile 's to ya Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
PCJuli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed it's been one year to the week since Jin created this great thread.

And I thought March Madness had something to do with basketball!

No, it's the week that GDG TEARS A PERFECTLY GOOD SITE TO PIECES!

Or it's some kind of Spring Fever that attacks the GDG office. Twisted Evil

Or they have too much fun on St Paddy's and spend the next week in a hungover funk that requires a total site makeover.

Or maybe the Vernal Equinox makes them crazy; lord knows the birds are misbehaving.

Whatever the cause, the players are threatening MUTINY and it's a sad day for the GDG universe. Of course, it's all about the money and as we all know,
NOTHING IS FREE!!
Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
elcelcpa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Last edited by elcelcpa on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: