Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

CC sucks on here because it doesn't follow the rules...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many Chinese Checkers games have you lost because the computer blocked your base?
So frequently I don't play anymore.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Enough that I play Chinese Checkers elsewhere.
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Rarely. I don't play against 5 opponents very often.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
What? I suck so bad so I never get that close to winning.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

macyguibons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: CC sucks on here because it doesn't follow the rules... Reply with quote

I like to play Chinese Checkers against 5 computer on hard difficulty. It's challenging and fun, BUT...

There's a terrible glitch with the GDG version:

I can't tell you how many times I had all my pieces in my base, except 1 (which was ONLY one space away), and couldn't finish because the stupid computer left it's piece there to block me.

According to Chinese Checkers rules, blocking like this is not allowed ]-- I would automatically win since I had all the base spots filled (except for the blocked spot). I have to keep going 1 space over, 1 space back waiting for the stupid computer to move, which it never does. This is not considered "strategy" of the AI; it's poor sportsmanship (read: poor programming).

I've actually lost MANY times because of this. Another computer finally wins after 20+ turns of me not being able to finish. It's downright frustrating! Evil or Very Mad

Idea GeatDayGames: Please update the game to fix this glitch.
nana48

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's happened to me quite often too but I can't really vote cause none of the options fit...

I doubt GDG will read this here. You might want to send them an email through this link on the bottom of the page...
mailto:feedback@greatdaygames.com
They'll respond a lot sooner.
macyguibons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nana48!

Sorry if the poll wasn't set up well. I was frustrated and just ranting. Thanks for the advice. I may contact them about it, but I'll probably just get over it... Cool
arthur300

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Confused Confused I LOVE THIS GAME TOO, BUT HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN TOO,THEY BLOCK ME JUST AS I AM ABOUT TO WIN. WHY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
macyguibons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Isn't it frustrating, Arthur300? Sad I love playing Chinese Checkers on here because there's nobody to play with in real life. Plus it's nice to see all your options before you make a move...so much quicker, too! I'm so impatient, though, I can hardly wait while all the computer players take their turns! Isn't that sad? Embarassed

But in real life, if someone pulls that cheapskate block move: BAM! Shocked haha I win!!!

I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. At least we can vent together...
ima

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, happens to me a lot! The computer FINALLY will clear your spaces just in time for you to be ONE behind another color, and they win. For this, I score 190,000 and get 100 treats - or so - it varies.
Quirky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ust played the best game of my life, and the computer nailed me with this problem. I was ready to make my last move, but an opponent piece just stayed there in the way. I had to go back and forth in the same two spots for about 8 times until the computer decided to move the opposing piece...by that time my score had dropped me out of trophy range. Evil or Very Mad Annoying!
morri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided the best way is to give the computer the best way out of your area, even if this means you take a little longer to get there. At least they then get out of your way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Chinese Checkers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: