Forum Index

Web Games Web Games     Download Games Download Games     My Page My Page     Treats & Prizes Treats & Prizes     Help Help
  FAQFAQ     SearchSearch   ProfileProfile

GDG Fixes: 7.24.2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monsteratomic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: GDG Fixes: 7.24.2009 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm Silas and if you've ever sent a problem to Great Day Games support, you have probably gotten a response from me.

If you are confused by the new features, please read the help:
http://www.greatdaygames.com/HelpPages/General.aspx

If you have a problem, please use the new Email Us form. I do not have time to read all the posts in the forum, so your best bet is to use the Email Us form. Please fill it out to the best of your ability as all of the information helps me to investigate any issues you may be having.

We are located in NYC and operate in normal business hours between 10am-5pm EST Monday through Fridays. It often takes me several days to investigate your issues so please be patient and please do not be rude. Being rude will significantly reduce the likelihood you will hear from me.

The new Email Us Form is here:
http://www.greatdaygames.com/HelpPages/emailUs.aspx

We have made many fixes since we launched the new redesign:

-Spliterature was not submitting the correct score and treats
-Pool Multiplayer: White Screen at Game End
-Leaderboards were increased from 10 to 100
-All Games page were not always displaying in alphabetical order
-Added Daily Login Treats
-Changed Calendar to count for attendance for logging in instead of playing a game
-Users can now Maximize and change the window size of the Games in Internet Explorer
-Added Remember checkbox to Login to remember email address/password

Known Issues we are investigating:

-Login Issues: If you are having a problem logging in and get stuck waiting to be logged in, try clicking the Great Day Games logo to the left and you should be logged in. If that does not work, try clearing your cache and cookies. Wait until the home page fully loads before trying to log in.

-Games are reporting the same score/treats as previous games despite what you scored in the game. I believe this is a cache issue from your internet browser, but I have yet to reproduce this issue. Please try to clear your cache, log out and log back in and see if the problem still occurs.

-Gold Rush: Playing Again in Internet Explorer causes a white screen. For now please close the game window and relaunch the game.

-10x Daily Treats disabled: Coming back soon

-Problems with the Play Button launching games: We're investigating the issue

-Friends Tab is not displaying Friends: We're investigating

Tips:

Treat Submissions: You can track your treat submissions by clicking My Page and then the Treats Tab

Leaderboards: The leaderboards now have a Score and Treats button. Select the one you want to view. You can also show Today/This Week/All Time as well. You can also show everyone or just your friends.

Polls: The Poll is located on the left side of the home page.

Rate GDMees: To rate a GDMe, go to the user's profile page and click View All GDMees. Click on the GDMe and use the star ratings under the GDMe.

Sweepstakes: If you are having issues entering sweeps because it says you are not a US Resident or not over 18, go to your My Page and click the Info tab. Edit your information to say your country is United States and set your age as over 18 and you will have access to the sweepstakes.

Can't see the full game? The site requires that your screen resolution is 1024x768. Please make sure your resolution is compatible. Internet Explorer and Firefox have the ability to adjust the display size of content on any site. Click in the window outside of the game and click CTRL and ‘+’ to increase the size of the content. Click CTRL and ‘-‘ to reduce the size of the content.

Lastly, please remember, the site provides FREE entertainment to everyone regardless of membership. We are constantly putting out new games that will hopefully appeal to lots of different players. Although the new site may seem shockingly different, we are laying the ground works for great and exciting new features that we hope you will all enjoy!

Thanks,
Silas aka monsteratomic
taokeema

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update and the fixes, Silas.

taokeema
monsteratomic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs noticed since the leaderboards were cleared. We're investigating the following issues:

1) Leaderboards cleared a day early
2) Treat Trophies were not awarded
3) Top 5 High Score/Treat Bonuses were not awarded
4) Ties of the same rank were not awarded
5) Help text for Trophies is incorrect

The top 10 high scorers and treat earners for the week will earn a trophy. Each new trophy earned will be bronze. As you gain more of the same trophy, they will become silver and eventually gold. The exact requirements will be revealed when the Help text for the trophies are updated.

Additional Tips:

Rate a Game: To rate a game, go to any game page and mouse over the blue stars on the right of the Play Button. Your rated games will turn the stars red and display the rating you gave for the game.

Problems Launching Games: If the Play button is not doing anything for you, the problem could be your Firewall/Virus Protection program is blocking the games. Please turn off your Firewall/Virus Protection program and try playing again. If this fixes your problem, please adjust your settings on your Firewall/Virus Protection program so they are less restrictive until they allow you to play the games on the site.
monsteratomic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed:

-Leaderboards are now cleared correctly at Sunday midnight before Monday
-Treat Trophies not awarding was fixed
-Friends Tab fixed
-Some GDmees were not editable. This is fixed but the corrupted layers may disappear from your GDme, but you can easily put the layer back in.

Not Fixed:

-Top 5 High Score/Treat Bonuses were not awarded again
-Some user profile greatness ratings will not go above 9

New:
We've added a new game, Train of Thought
http://www.greatdaygames.com/games/train-of-thought.aspx
Some helpful hints:
-The farther they typed word is, the faster the train will move
-Filling in the sentence above gives additional bonus points. The sentence is not supposed to make sense (like classic Mad Libs)
-You do not have to type every word and there is no penalty for not typing them in, but you get scored for every word you type correctly
MaLizMa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: GDG Fixes: 7.24.2009 Reply with quote

Thanks for this info, Silas.
I didn't like the new site at first ... hate 'change' ...
but now I'm used to it ... and your explanations on the 24th and Aug 4th are terrific ... was wondering why, what was supposed to happen, was not!
Really like the "TODAY", "THIS WEEK" etc on the Treats & Scores.
The Quick Tabs are GREAT!!!!!!!
A MUCH better site!
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Top 5 Score and Top 5 Treats are not going to award again this week. Sad
monsteratomic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed:

-Top 5 High Scorers and Top 5 Treat Earners for each game is now correctly awarding the 500 treat bonus

-Profile Rating for some users were not maxing out to 10
Jindog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silas, thanks for keeping us informed and the hard work you people do.
Here's a quick question for you: What constitutes a completed profile?
Seems I am still stuck at 9 and I have filled everything out. Do I need to enter a sweepstakes or something? Thanks for any explanation you can give.
Mamarocks reply

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Recent updates Reply with quote

Silas, Thank you for the updates and working on all the issues!

Thans for this site!

I hope you always have smooth technical solutions!
Take care!

Trying to reply.. I get a message the user name is already taken...
shadyone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: baseball hangup Reply with quote

just wanted to let you know that on the baseball game it will strike you out and you have no way to even get to the ball; you have a limited way to swing the bat and it still gets you out; can you get this fixed please! Very Happy
monsteratomic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Time Treat Data is now correct and you will see it on the Home Page Leaderboard. It was showing only the treats users have gained since the launch of the re-design a couple of months ago. Now All Time Treats show the treats users have earned since Great Day Games started several years ago.

10x Daily Treat Bonus is back!!!
If you look at the home page on Fun News & More section, the first item will always be the 10x Daily Treat Bonus of the day.

Enjoy!
s-roberts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, thank you, thank you ten times!!!!!!!!!!!!! For bringing back the 10 X's treat game of the day!!!
ConnieLea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Jindog wrote:
Silas, thanks for keeping us informed and the hard work you people do.
Here's a quick question for you: What constitutes a completed profile?
Seems I am still stuck at 9 and I have filled everything out. Do I need to enter a sweepstakes or something? Thanks for any explanation you can give.

THIS POST IS VERY OLD AND DIDN'T GET A RESPONCE......SO NOW I'M GONNA ADD TO IT......
I HAVE FINALLY REACHED LEVEL 10 FOR MY PROFILE...BUT IT SAYS THERE'S A
NEXT LEVEL......HOW IN THE WORLD DOES ONE GET THERE IF ALL THE INFO IS ALREADY THERE?!!?
I DON'T REALLY WORRY ABOUT IT......BUT IT IS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION,
THAT SOME PLAYERS ARE STILL WONDERING ABOUT.

SORRY IF THIS FANS FLAMES ABOUT ANYTHING.

HAPPY GAMING Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
krazykop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this helps explain things a bit better...

Jindog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer some of you responding to this 'old' post and who are late to the party here is what the problem was back then ('09.).

A persons' profile after filling out all data about themselves would reach only the 9th LEVEL. There was no more that could be added to fluff it out. No more "great" people in your profile would help. No more "great" music in your life to pop you over to the next level. No more "great" quotes to cite that would turn that 9 to a 10. After responding via email for help from the powers that are I was told I needed to enter a contest--- something I had not done---to fill it out completely. This was done for me with the use of a minimum treat amount. It would still say to do more to "level-up" after reaching LEVEL 10. Eventually, GDG re-stated the obvious in a correction, there was no more level to reach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: